Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie Laurie Laurie
what are we going to do with you? I think you need a spanking!!!!

Get better quickly!!!!

Well, at least you are a little more humane that your co-hort Suzi who wanted to kick my bad leg! :mad::LOL:

I really appreciate everyone's wishes. Yes, I agree, I think I have had enough and it is about time I just feel better!

I was raised with lots of books, and when we couldn't afford to buy them, I spent every Saturday (my choice) at the library.

Not only do many of the kids in our area not have books at home, their families don't subscribe to magazines or newspapers, and many don't have the basic "school supplies" that most kids have at home, such as crayons, glue, scissors, etc. Some have to bring their pencils home from school so that they can do their homework.

:(Barbara

:)I grew up with a lot of books we lived a block away from the Library and read many books as in those days we did not have a million tv channels or internet etc. In those days I read all the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Wizard of Oz series etc plus many, many more I loved reading as that was really all we had. On weekends I would stay up till 2 PM just reading because I just could not put the book down.

Thanks Everyone. I really appreciate all your support and prayers. I am off for my second round of antibiotic. I had another mostly sleepless night....I thought those were over with! Anyways, hopefully I can nap when I get home.

:) Get this if you can Emergen-C and the
Zand Insure Herbal T Inc. 2Oz - SMARTbomb.com Zand Insure Herbal these two are incredible at building up your immunity. Dh and I take have taken the vitamin c every day for years and just do not get sick we take the second one when a virus is running around for an extra boost. Trust me it's good stuff. Yogurt with live acidophilus culture is also good as it will replace the good bacteria in your system that the antibiotics have killed in your system. Try it, you will be surprised how well it works

Well, at least you are a little more humane that your co-hort Suzi who wanted to kick my bad leg! :mad::LOL:

I really appreciate everyone's wishes. Yes, I agree, I think I have had enough and it is about time I just feel better!

AHEM!!!
I do believe I suggested you kick your OWN knee....:rolleyes:
I would not be the kicker in this situation!!!
Sheesh what do you think of me, kickin' a woman when she's down???
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:)I grew up with a lot of books we lived a block away from the Library and read many books as in those days we did not have a million tv channels or internet etc. In those days I read all the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Wizard of Oz series etc plus many, many more I loved reading as that was really all we had. On weekends I would stay up till 2 PM just reading because I just could not put the book down.

Hardy boys - boy does that take me back - I had forgotten about them.

me, too,........read all of Louisa May Alcott's books, Little Women, Little Men, Eight Cousins, Rose in Bloom, and as I got older anything and everything.........my husband is the same way as well as our daughter.......she started with the books and classics that I had on hand then moved way ahead of me........sorry I just don't relax with a dead philosopher........don't care what he had to say........but it sure helped her in debate to be well-read.....one of the best gifts that I ever bought her was a book of famous quotations.....she uses it all the time......

Oldest son has now been fired, so, I have two guys, no vehicle and no job!!!!!!
I need a drink!!
Stacy, I thought you had a new job? What the heck happened?Heavens girl, I'm so sorry..You have prayers and good thoughts and what the heck was the kid doing to get fired...? Your drink of choice is?
kades

Good news - my blood levels show that the infection inside the leg is minimal. Bad news - doctor wants IV treatment to continue until Monday morning when he will do all the tests again and is still considering operating to make sure the joint site is clear. This means a weekend of getting up at 6 to be at the hospital by 7 and then making the trip again 12 hours later. Both DH and I are running on adrenaline as it is. The pain is still intense and they have had to move my IV site so between that and all the blood tests my arms are feeling like pin cushions. My physio therapy has been put back another week and I am still not able to keep much food down.

If I had realized I would be going through all this I think I would have kept the old knee. But I know that is really just the frustration talking and it will all be better soon. It is just hard to be making so much progress only to have it backslide.

Stacy, I thought you had a new job? What the heck happened?Heavens girl, I'm so sorry..You have prayers and good thoughts and what the heck was the kid doing to get fired...? Your drink of choice is?
kades
I'm sorry, I said it wrong, I'm not without the job, the brats are. And, no, I haven't found one yet. Thanks cj, I think will take a melon colada!!:wacko:

Laurie, I know the regime is tough but if you get good results, the doc may not open you up again which would be good.

Re the acidopholous comments, I have been taking the largest dose of acidopholous (in a capsule) that I can get over here for years as all the treatments and drugs I have been on since getting kidney failure have played havoc with my guts. I think they are good but when you are on the really strong AB's, nothing really works.

Hardy boys - boy does that take me back - I had forgotten about them.

:) There also was the Bobbsy Twins (sp?) I also read all the classics like Arabian Nights and many more I do not even remember. When I was even younger I read all the Hans Christian Anderson and Grimm's Brothers. I remember when I was about nine years old in Germany and finding my Christmas presents I read every book in secret that were my gifts. I had to act very surprised Xmas day when I got them.:angel::angel::):)

Good news - my blood levels show that the infection inside the leg is minimal. Bad news - doctor wants IV treatment to continue until Monday morning when he will do all the tests again and is still considering operating to make sure the joint site is clear. This means a weekend of getting up at 6 to be at the hospital by 7 and then making the trip again 12 hours later. Both DH and I are running on adrenaline as it is. The pain is still intense and they have had to move my IV site so between that and all the blood tests my arms are feeling like pin cushions. My physio therapy has been put back another week and I am still not able to keep much food down.

If I had realized I would be going through all this I think I would have kept the old knee. But I know that is really just the frustration talking and it will all be better soon. It is just hard to be making so much progress only to have it backslide.
You're going to be fine..Infections are a pain in the keester,but they do go away.. And the pain and trouble you qre having now is nothing to what it was before..put up with it like I'm doing with the center nurses bless their dark hearts you are healing.I'm saying a little prayer that you heal faster and very soon..Rest easy...
kades

...put up with it like I'm doing with the center nurses bless their dark hearts ...
All the memories came flooding back with that statement!:LOL: One nurse was so painful that I just started to avoid her at all costs. She ended up saying to my doctor that I was likely to self-harm!!! What a load of....!!! I ended up with a different nurse after that! And before her there were the haemo nurses who thought that making you cramp or pass out was an ideal way to teach you not to drink! That only worked as long as it took me to work out how to stop the machine!! :ROFLMAO: Some think that because your kidneys don't work your brain has ceased to function too. They needed to have another anatomy lecture or two methinks!! Hang in there Kadesma. There are lots of good ones out there.

All the memories came flooding back with that statement!:LOL: One nurse was so painful that I just started to avoid her at all costs. She ended up saying to my doctor that I was likely to self-harm!!! What a load of....!!! I ended up with a different nurse after that! And before her there were the haemo nurses who thought that making you cramp or pass out was an ideal way to teach you not to drink! That only worked as long as it took me to work out how to stop the machine!! :ROFLMAO: Some think that because your kidneys don't work your brain has ceased to function too. They needed to have another anatomy lecture or two methinks!! Hang in there Kadesma. There are lots of good ones out there.
Thanks Bilby, the hemo nurses I got were all so nice and caring they would go out of their way for us..Of course my bringing cookies once a week helped:LOL: j/k they were all wonderful..It's the peritonel nurses that make me see red..There is one who will not look at me, but at my DH as if he's my keeper and I'm very close to saying something...They have
been having a lot of perotonitis and of course ol dummy her has had 3 episodes of contamination soooo all that is going on is my fault..right I gave everyone peritonitis,sunuck into their homes at night i did and spread it around...:ohmy: Dh kind of let her have it saying do you suppose that some got it HERE, she turned pale and next thing I know, I get to show them I know how to connect and disconect.. punishment for being so smarty..I did let them know that the little trained monkey only gives one show..after that go chase yourself:ROFLMAO: so we shall see what comes next..
kades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom