Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kadesma! Perish the thought! I don't think you've ever hurt ANYONE and especially not me. Thanks for the lovely words. I'm not feeling very nice or kind right now. LOL. I'm feeling a bit Chuck Norrisish.

Isn't it funny how some turns of phrase kind of take on a life of their own? I love that one.

I know only TOO WELL exactly what you are saying....I have about well...all my coworkers who are that way! It felt wonderful giving my two week notice in knowing that soon they will be in a crunch and hating life....oopps did I say that!:LOL:

WOOHOO! I'm glad you are getting out of a snippy place. It sucks the life right out of you doesn't it?

Deelady, I started this thread way back when because I frequently need to just get it off my chest. Thankfully, there is always someone here to listen.

And as for the bully, well, yes I have said my piece. I've tried to be awfully polite about it too. I really want to say some rude and nasty things, but have decided that would just make ME look bad so I'll stick with what I've said and continue on my merry way.

Honestly though, it really does get me bent out of shape to have folks treat me (and everyone really) like we ought to be kneeling at the feet of greatness.

Thanks for letting me get that little bit of snottiness out of my system. I'm done now.

People who have to "bullfrog" about themselves (well another word does come to mind:angel:) are insecure..........."Desiderata" by Kahlil Gibran comes to mind "There will always be people lesser than you and greater than you" I bet they don't have many friends either which is more important, you can take your "accomplishments" to the grave and they'll soon be forgotten but friends and family will keep your memories alive long after you're gone whether you are "lesser" or "greater" than them

Yes it sure does!! I didn't want to be a stay at home mom, didn't feel it was for me....but man, now it sounds lovely!! Only female I want to get attitude from is a little short stuff one whom I can tell her to go sit in her chair until she is ready to be nice!! ;)

kadesma! Perish the thought! I don't think you've ever hurt ANYONE and especially not me. Thanks for the lovely words. I'm not feeling very nice or kind right now. LOL. I'm feeling a bit Chuck Norrisish.

Isn't it funny how some turns of phrase kind of take on a life of their own? I love that one.
:blush:Thanks Alix and the same can be said about you..Now, put on your black belt and go to work girl:-p
kades

...I really don't care for people telling me how wonderful and talented and amazing they are. And I really don't care to feel bullied. Thats not a word I use lightly either...

...If ever anyone feels I've hurt their feeling please let me know and I will apologize right now...Alix, if I have ever hurt you in any way..I am deeply sorry..I consider you a dear kind friend.

kades
Well goodness knows, cj, yours was the first name that came to mind when Alix mentioned being bullied! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: You silly, sweet, wonderful woman! As Alix said, you have never hurt anyone! You are one of the truly nicest people I have ever known.

I'm glad you shared your vent with us Alix. We are here to listen. I hope everything is settled now.

And if cj ever bullies you again, just send her to Dove's woodshed! :angel:

:)Barbara

HI everyone..Just had a PM from LPBeier our Laurie's DH..She has been in the hospital and has had some work done on that knee..The infection seems to be gone but one of the parts of the replacement knee had to be changed..So she should be home soon and back with us..just wanted to let you all know. It's awful to be ill and missing your friends..So
From me
Get well soon Laurie we are all missing you..Hope this ends all the pain and hurt you've been having..Prayers and good thoughts my friend
cj

Thank you so much everyone for your wishes and caring. You don't know how good it was knowing I had such a wonderful support team at DC waiting for me. Thanks Kades for passing on DH's message and sorry it took so long. I was on IV antibiotics for 8 days and then my doctor admitted me to one hospital (1/2 hour from home) to have surgery to clean out the joint and make sure everything was okay. That was last Monday. After two days of waiting he had me transferred to the original hospital where I had the surgery done on Tuesday night and I was operated on Wednesday afternoon. I was back on heavy anti-biotics until this morning. They also had to replace a plastic piece that fills in for my cartilege because the original one was 2mm too thick and was causing the excess pain and loss of mobility.

I just got home 1/2 hour ago and am going to rest as I am very tired, but glad it is all behind me. No more anti-biotics, no more blood thinner shots in my stomach and no more pain killers!

Thanks again and it is so good to be back!

Thank you so much everyone for your wishes and caring. You don't know how good it was knowing I had such a wonderful support team at DC waiting for me. Thanks Kades for passing on DH's message and sorry it took so long. I was on IV antibiotics for 8 days and then my doctor admitted me to one hospital (1/2 hour from home) to have surgery to clean out the joint and make sure everything was okay. That was last Monday. After two days of waiting he had me transferred to the original hospital where I had the surgery done on Tuesday night and I was operated on Wednesday afternoon. I was back on heavy anti-biotics until this morning. They also had to replace a plastic piece that fills in for my cartilege because the original one was 2mm too thick and was causing the excess pain and loss of mobility.

I just got home 1/2 hour ago and am going to rest as I am very tired, but glad it is all behind me. No more anti-biotics, no more blood thinner shots in my stomach and no more pain killers!

Thanks again and it is so good to be back!
Good to hear from you Laurie, I was worried, but I also knew DH would take good care of you. Glad you're home and feeling better...Take care, talk to you soon..GO REST NOW:LOL:
kades

Laurie I'm glad you're ok. I really hope this is the end end end of all of this for you!!!!!

Now.... when do you start the marathon training?

Enough?

I am sure you are wondering, what next? Isn't this enough? Why all these things happen only God knows why! I have been told that we can't give up; that we won't have to endure forever. But oh, it sure seems to be so hard when it is only you that has to endure at the time.

When I read this thread, I could not help but think if only the world we have to live in would have the love and compassion that this one has. Could you imagine how the hospital would have been filled if all these people who ext end their hope and prayers would have been able to visit you? I am sure the hospital would have had to limit our visiting hours. Wouldn't that have been exciting? However, as it is , you can truly be considered blessed to have so many people thinking of you. This support is surely something you need at this time and should not be limited. Being in such a vulnerable state physically, this is making you strong mentally. I too, hope you will recover and get back feeling the 'best'. Maybe all this struggling will prove worth is to get feeling strong and able again. I, for one, know the affects it has as all the medicine they were giving my mother did not do any good until this minister from church visited her. It lifted her spirit and she recovered.

Hoping you will do as the doc tor said and knowing you will get stronger as the days go by. Thanks for keeping us in the 'loop'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom