Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boy, I'm sick and tired of people pushing ahead of me in line but I was put in my place a few days ago and was rather embarrassed by my rude reaction........I'm so used to being pushed by the locals that when a nice (well ,rather nice looking----ok i'm not dead yet) put 4 bottles of beer on the counter..........I growled "I'm next"........he excused himself in English.......new twist here........where are you from.....Texas......oh.........Bush.........I look back at him and feel really guilty for being so abrupt..........I pay for my purchases and apologize for being rude but I've had so many people push their way ahead of me with no apologies whatsoever.......my biggest fear is that I'm going to collapse on the ground here one day and people are going to walk over me...........he just laughed..........I was ready to adopt him right then and there as he was probably the same age as my son and had dimples just like him.....he said no problem.......goodness I've been in a weepy mood......it's just what I needed to hear then........thank goodness for guys with dimples.........

yep... my middle one has dimples.
may he make someones day with them some day.
:)

Men with dimples are the best (I married one!!!). I am glad it renewed a bit of your faith in the people....if for a few minutes.

what is it with dimples............thanks you guys........this guy informed me that he was living in Germany............he's Kazakh and good-looking and I've just bitten his head off......and he's smiling at me and being polite and no, I'm no eye-candy at this point in my life.......he's just being nice and polite............is he for real???? should I tell him that I'm coming into a huge inheritance???? jest kidding.............:):):)

boy, I'm sick and tired of people pushing ahead of me in line but I was put in my place a few days ago and was rather embarrassed by my rude reaction........I'm so used to being pushed by the locals that when a nice (well ,rather nice looking----ok i'm not dead yet) put 4 bottles of beer on the counter..........I growled "I'm next"........he excused himself in English.......new twist here........where are you from.....Texas......oh.........Bush.........I look back at him and feel really guilty for being so abrupt..........I pay for my purchases and apologize for being rude but I've had so many people push their way ahead of me with no apologies whatsoever.......my biggest fear is that I'm going to collapse on the ground here one day and people are going to walk over me...........he just laughed..........I was ready to adopt him right then and there as he was probably the same age as my son and had dimples just like him.....he said no problem.......goodness I've been in a weepy mood......it's just what I needed to hear then........thank goodness for guys with dimples.........

I can relate to many of your posts so often and makes me smile, not at you but with you. It seems we get stepped on too often and then when we retaliate we are embarrassed as we now are the ones we resent. Makes us feel so guilty (especially if he is as good looking as you say). I am sure we will get stepped on in the future.

We must all be related in some way as the things that affect most of us bothers others on this site. Is it because we are interested in food? Don't know the relation but thanks anyway for sharing. Also grateful you have husband that understands.

I am so sick of this stupid, piece of crap house!!!!
It's 35, a year older than I.... good grief I hope I dont start to degenerate like this next year....
Something is wrong with the drain somewhere..... the downstairs toilet and sink both drain very slowly.... and when DH was showering this evening I could see the drain in the floor of the utility room slowly rise....
DH thinks it may just be the piece of PVC my 4 yr old threw and flushed down the toilet last week..... boy I hope so cuz if not its a problem with the septic system and that would make me just commit myself to the looney bin. He can't do anything until tomorrow and lord knows he'll bee too tired or something. Stupid overnight shifts.

This is my other problem..... on his watch, when I work, PVC GOES IN THE TOILET!!!!!
ok fine, legos go in noses on my watch, but COME ON!!!!

I can relate to many of your posts so often and makes me smile, not at you but with you. It seems we get stepped on too often and then when we retaliate we are embarrassed as we now are the ones we resent. Makes us feel so guilty (especially if he is as good looking as you say). I am sure we will get stepped on in the future.

We must all be related in some way as the things that affect most of us bothers others on this site. Is it because we are interested in food? Don't know the relation but thanks anyway for sharing. Also grateful you have husband that understands.

Your post really made me smile in so many ways.....thanks I needed the Dr. Feelgood shot!!!!:):)

It's 35, a year older than I.... good grief I hope I dont start to degenerate like this next year....
Something is wrong with the drain somewhere..... the downstairs toilet and sink both drain very slowly.... and when DH was showering this evening I could see the drain in the floor of the utility room slowly rise....
DH thinks it may just be the piece of PVC my 4 yr old threw and flushed down the toilet last week..... boy I hope so cuz if not its a problem with the septic system and that would make me just commit myself to the looney bin. He can't do anything until tomorrow and lord knows he'll bee too tired or something. Stupid overnight shifts.

This is my other problem..... on his watch, when I work, PVC GOES IN THE TOILET!!!!!
ok fine, legos go in noses on my watch, but COME ON!!!!

Its horrible when things keep happening - praying for a better day and a not so tired DH.

ok fine, legos go in noses on my watch, but COME ON!!!![/qu

hang on, Mom...........have a latte laced with some brandy and just settle down.....then go home and beat the hell out of the nearest pillow........you;ll feel better I promise............

Suzi, my house is a few years younger than yours and doesn't have any children in it, but it has so many problems that I don't have the capability or finances to address, so I know where you are coming from... and strangely enough, one of them is the drain too! (You know changing a washer is a relatively simple procedure but I still need to get the plumber (or someone) in cos I can't turn the blessed thing to release it! Same goes with the toilet which I could repair but stuffed something else up along the way!!! GRRRRRR!!!)

Laurie, glad you are on the mend!

Expat: Dimples!! I liked dimples so much, I used to practice in front of the mirror (in my youth!!) till I was able to create them when I smiled a certain way. Now, with the steroids, if I try to do the same thing, I just look like a chipmunk getting ready to hibernate!!! LOL Even when I was four, Kirk Douglas impressed me with his chin!! ;)

Have to say Expat, that I don't have any idea about mine ... not an angle I focus on too much!!! LOL Flashing THOSE dimples may not have the intended effect.... ;-)

I went back to work in August (just four hours twice a week) and am constantly tired. Also my mum has just been diagnosed with lung cancer so I am running her around for her tests and shopping etc, so just more tired!! Treading water at the moment I guess. See what the tests say as to whether they can operate on her and whether she is able to cope on one and two/thirds lungs or not. Today was the scan to see if it had spread. Find out soon I expect. I am not (refuse to as much as anything) worry until have something concrete to worry about. It is something that is ideally treatable until we hear contrary. It may never happen!! We'll see.

I went back to work in August (just four hours twice a week) and am constantly tired. Also my mum has just been diagnosed with lung cancer so I am running her around for her tests and shopping etc, so just more tired!! Treading water at the moment I guess. See what the tests say as to whether they can operate on her and whether she is able to cope on one and two/thirds lungs or not. Today was the scan to see if it had spread. Find out soon I expect. I am not (refuse to as much as anything) worry until have something concrete to worry about. It is something that is ideally treatable until we hear contrary. It may never happen!! We'll see.

After a long line of cancer in my family, I will pray for your mother to be well again.

Went through a similar thing with my mom's brain tumor earlier this year and I know how scary and draining this is. I'm glad that you have such a positive attitude - stay strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom