Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't say anything specific yet - since there's a magnitude on my mind at the moment - but I do wish we all didn't have to have something "external" causing more wrinkles and gray hair than would naturally come anyway! Sheesh! :)

I don't know what is going on with your life, but, I feel ya!!

...I do wish we all didn't have to have something "external" causing more wrinkles and gray hair than would naturally come anyway! Sheesh! :)
So you've got kids and/or a boss huh? :LOL: Seriously, I hope all is going well for you, no matter what this external cause is.

:)Barbara

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughts. Having been thru so many tests and diagnoses, pessamistic doctors, etc, I just take it as it comes and try to just be objective. Mum is a bit the same so just another day but she is stressing out a bit just thru the waiting between tests. We first heard that something was amiss in her lungs on Aug 15 and a month later we still don't know if they can operate or not. And even then, if they can do it, we still have to wait while we get a surgeon! My brother and his wife flew out to Italy tonight for a fortnight, which has been arranged for over a year, with my mother's blessing cos there was just so little likelihood of anything being resolved before he returned! See what tomorrow brings I guess.

Stacy: Good luck on the job front. Hope something goes right for you!

Suzi: I feel your fear!!!!

Babe: Good for you!!
(going to post in Celebrations now if anyone wants to check that out.)

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughts. Having been thru so many tests and diagnoses, pessamistic doctors, etc, I just take it as it comes and try to just be objective. Mum is a bit the same so just another day but she is stressing out a bit just thru the waiting between tests. We first heard that something was amiss in her lungs on Aug 15 and a month later we still don't know if they can operate or not. And even then, if they can do it, we still have to wait while we get a surgeon! My brother and his wife flew out to Italy tonight for a fortnight, which has been arranged for over a year, with my mother's blessing cos there was just so little likelihood of anything being resolved before he returned! See what tomorrow brings I guess.

Stacy: Good luck on the job front. Hope something goes right for you!

Suzi: I feel your fear!!!!

Babe: Good for you!!
(going to post in Celebrations now if anyone wants to check that out.)
Bilby,
you make me feel like a cry baby..I know that is not your intension so ignore me:) I just want you to know every time I read you posts, it lifts me up and I know I can do this...That is thanks to you and several others here who make me feel I must go on..I'm praying for your mom and you. Hang in there...Let us give something back to you.
kades

Ah Kadesma ... I'm probably just really good at detatching myself from my emotions - I get to ignore it all... or it might just be that stiff British upper lip coming out in me!! And don't worry, I have my major panic/worry/terror sessions. Just don't give them air too often as it doesn't get me anywhere, esp as I live alone - nobody to cheer you up!

Thanks for your sweet thoughts.

An interview PANEL!! Why do companies do this? I feel STUPID. I'm sure I won't get that job!! They had a list of questions and THEN, tossed me a paper clip, said, take a minute and then sell that to me. WHAT??? oh lord, if I don't get this job, after that, I don't know why I'm being punished.

is this for a sales job Stacy? I had the same thing happen to me (only it was a stuffed dog)..for a job at a gym once. Luckily I didn't get it!

Good luck!1

I hate one-on-one interviews, but I especially hate panel interviews.

Stacy, if you don't get the job, it wasn't the one for you. But you gained interview experience either way.

We're still praying that you find the perfect job, and that you will receive the appreciation there that you deserve.

No, not a sales job. It's for the City utitilies company in the internet and cable dept. It was basically to see if I can tell someone why they want something, like the cable or internet. I can no longer wait for the perfect job, since Saturday is my last day. He's running me off and now it sounds like he's running the manager off too. He's being really mean to everyone and we don't understand why.

Dumb, dumb, dumb! Me that is!

I put my last load of clothes in to wash a while ago, then came back to our room. I was hanging some of the clothes I had just dried, when I realized I was still wearing a shirt I especially wanted to wear in the next couple days. I changed into another shirt really quickly and hurried to the laundry room. It had just finished spinning out the wash water and was getting ready to fill for the first rinse. I didn't have any more clothes to wash (except James's jeans, which I didn't see before I left), and I hadn't worn it that long, so I went ahead and threw it into the washer. :angel: I figured it would get a little detergent on it as the washer filled, and since it wasn't really dirty, it wouldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

An interview PANEL!! Why do companies do this? I feel STUPID. I'm sure I won't get that job!! They had a list of questions and THEN, tossed me a paper clip, said, take a minute and then sell that to me. WHAT??? oh lord, if I don't get this job, after that, I don't know why I'm being punished.
in their defense, TX, maybe they were seeing how well you thought on your feet.....you'd be surprised what you can pull out of your drawers if you have to..........it probably would have been a very stressful job if it was sales.......by the time this is all over you will have passed BS101 with flying colors...just look at it as training....better luck with your next interview and who's to say that you're out on this one.........

Dumb, dumb, dumb! Me that is!

I put my last load of clothes in to wash a while ago, then came back to our room. I was hanging some of the clothes I had just dried, when I realized I was still wearing a shirt I especially wanted to wear in the next couple days. I changed into another shirt really quickly and hurried to the laundry room. It had just finished spinning out the wash water and was getting ready to fill for the first rinse. I didn't have any more clothes to wash (except James's jeans, which I didn't see before I left), and I hadn't worn it that long, so I went ahead and threw it into the washer. :angel: I figured it would get a little detergent on it as the washer filled, and since it wasn't really dirty, it wouldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

Done this MANY times!!:LOL: Hey, soap is for oil anyway. All a shirt needs to be clean is water.

No, not a sales job. It's for the City utitilies company in the internet and cable dept. It was basically to see if I can tell someone why they want something, like the cable or internet. I can no longer wait for the perfect job, since Saturday is my last day. He's running me off and now it sounds like he's running the manager off too. He's being really mean to everyone and we don't understand why.
Well, you definitely don't deserve to be treated like that. It is odd that he is being mean to everyone. It could be because of any number of things.

As I said, we are still praying for you.

Well, you definitely don't deserve to be treated like that. It is odd that he is being mean to everyone. It could be because of any number of things.

As I said, we are still praying for you.

By the time I'm done with him, he will know what mean is!!:LOL:
I'm turning him in to the labor board. I am paid hourly, but, 4 of the 6 others an a couple in the other company in the same building are paid daily. Jsut examples, if you work 6 hours, you only get paid 5. You MUST work 7 to get the 8. They work 8:30 - 6 with a 30 minute lunch, thats 9 hours and only get paid for 8!! They don't get over time pay, only straight pay, so, if they work and extra day, giving them 48 hours, he doesn't pay them time and a half, as Tx labor says to. I'm gonna have fun:innocent::-p

Stacy, I agree with Expat that you are best out of there and I am glad you are standing up for yourself and your co-workers. Use that strength to go out there and get that new job. No, none will ever be the "perfect one" but if you think positively about yourself and what you have to offer, you will come pretty close. You go girl, I am behind you all the way. Love and prayers being sent to you!

texas

Of all the times I have read your thoughts, you truely come across as one who is strong and has personal high values. Believe in yourself and know you are the best this company could hire. Let them know you are definitely people person.

Wish you luck and keep us informed.

They chose someone else, sooooooo, tomorrow, I will be unemployed. That's okay, that wasn't the job for me, Barbara said so, lol!! I applied to 8 jobs today, lets see what happens.

babe's soap opera continues. went out to put trash cans off the street.the handyman was in my driveway painting fan blades on one that i bought. i asked if he had any clue how angry i am at him. he said yes. and sorry. then asked if a chocolate would make it better. i told him no and went in the front door after watering the plants.

what do i do now ??? i am still very angry. don't really want to talk to him. what to do , what to do.? should i just not answer the door if he knocks? or open it and tell him to go away. help, help, help.

babe:(

They chose someone else, sooooooo, tomorrow, I will be unemployed. That's okay, that wasn't the job for me, Barbara said so, lol!! I applied to 8 jobs today, lets see what happens.

Don't let this get you down. Keep your hopes high. There IS ONE for YOU. Be strong. If I could do it for you I would. But this is lesson you will learn. This is something you GOT to do and you will, you will. Just keep reminding Him that you are needing His help and direction. As long as you don't murder your former employer I know He will be there. Just keep your heart and mind open. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you know of who I am speaking about. HE IS IN CONTROL of my life and I hope yours too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom