Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
babe's soap opera continues. went out to put trash cans off the street.the handyman was in my driveway painting fan blades on one that i bought. i asked if he had any clue how angry i am at him. he said yes. and sorry. then asked if a chocolate would make it better. i told him no and went in the front door after watering the plants.

what do i do now ??? i am still very angry. don't really want to talk to him. what to do , what to do.? should i just not answer the door if he knocks? or open it and tell him to go away. help, help, help.

babe:(

My dear Babe, this guy is certified crazy! When you want him there he is nowhere in site and when you kick him out he is there working uninvited. You have been more than patient and more than kind (dinners, letting him stay) and I am sure you pay him well too. I would just tell him that you are firing him, don't want to see him on your property and will not pay him for any work he does.

And if that doesn't work, let me know and I will come and chase him away with my walker!:LOL:

Seriously, you don't need this hassle. I am sure there are other handimen around who would be more reliable and are looking for work.

babe's soap opera continues. went out to put trash cans off the street.the handyman was in my driveway painting fan blades on one that i bought. i asked if he had any clue how angry i am at him. he said yes. and sorry. then asked if a chocolate would make it better. i told him no and went in the front door after watering the plants.

what do i do now ??? i am still very angry. don't really want to talk to him. what to do , what to do.? should i just not answer the door if he knocks? or open it and tell him to go away. help, help, help.

babe:(

:) What do you mean painting the fan blades you bought?

Stacy, you WILL find the right job for you - just believe in yourself as we all do. And don't panic that you are unemployed, now you have more time to concentrate on looking!

They chose someone else, sooooooo, tomorrow, I will be unemployed. That's okay, that wasn't the job for me, Barbara said so, lol!! I applied to 8 jobs today, lets see what happens.
And it's the truth! If this was the job you were meant to have, you would have it, but something better is in the works. Remember what I said about His timing. :cool: I'm praying hard sweetie.

:)Barbara

I cannot believe it! I have had the weirdest possible week and I just saw .... a mouse in the house! We aren't supposed to have mice until the first frost, are we? I did see some harvesting going on around but, ****ed it all.

First of all, my husband had a nightmare Tuesday night and hit me. I grabbed my dog and came downstairs to sleep. Then I accidently ran into an ages-old romantic affair. I don't want to be int he middle of someone's affair, I really don't. Then, on my way to exercise class I slipped on the wet grass, fell down the hill and under my (parked) truck. There were a lot of odd little things like this that happened all week.

So I'm sitting here and looked over and ... a mouse. I did not need that this week. Really.

What a horrible week Claire! I hope you have a good weekend and that next week is much better! BTW, around here mice start showing themselves right at harvest time.

:)Barbara

I started dusting , hubby starts in on me about not doing the job right. grrr. If I start doing something, he has to have a comment. He says dusting should be done with the shop vac , otherwise the dust is flying all over the place. He dragged the stupid shop vac into the living room and starts dusting off the furniture. So I sit down and what does he do ?? he turns off the stupid machine and sits too. If I sit, he sits, if I start a chore , he interferes or tells me I am doing it wrong. He is really getting on my nerves.:mad:

I got off my chair and started cleaning windows, now he is back to work , using his shop vac, removing dust from ceilings and walls. . :glare:
The man is dangerous with the stupid shop Vac ! He just broke something of my knick knack shelf.
I think my BP shot up, feeling dizzy, pressure in my chest.:huh:

Last edited:
I know this is my own fault, but I'm just ticked.I got a speeding ticket. Friday night I was on my way to my DD soccer game, a empty logging truck was in front of me. The posted speed is 55, anyway he was going 30 up hills and no faster then 40 anywhere else. In 2 passing zones when he was going 40 I went out to pass he sped up, I really think he was messing with me. Anyway his inconsistant speed started making me nervous so on the 3rd passing zone (again going no faster then 40) I started passing, I got about half way by him and he was speeding up agian, decided that I was getting around him and accelerated by him. I know I was speeding when I passed him, but I got right back to the speed limit when I got around him.
The police officer didn't pull me over until at least 2 miles later after I had made 2 turns. I tried to tell the officer that the trucks speed was fluctuating and made me nervous, but he just said I know they are a pain, and to pass him I was speeding.
My hubby is a truck driver so trucks don't make me nervous, but something in my gut told me to get around him. Maybe I won't listen to my gut anymore.
I'm guilty and know it, but it's just not what I needed.

Ouch Mikki!! I hate that. Sometimes, the ticket is worth it though, to keep yourself safe. Never know what can happen with those big trucks!!

OK just as I finished that last post hubby came in and said he fixed the washing machine. This would be a great thing had he not refused to pay to have someone look at it and tell him it was junk, then spent $600 to get a new one. He never listens to me. One of these days I swear I'm going to beat him.

mikki said:
OK just as I finished that last post hubby came in and said he fixed the washing machine. This would be a great thing had he not refused to pay to have someone look at it and tell him it was junk, then spent $600 to get a new one. He never listens to me. One of these days I swear I'm going to beat him.
Hey, are you married to mine??:LOL:

TG that's why I was trying to get around him. His driving was making me nervous.
I know and I would have done the same.

Thank you all for understanding. The mouse is still there somewhere. Hubby set a trap and guess what? My aging doggie set it off. He swore a lot and re-set it. (He loves our doggie, too; for those who may know us, she's a real oldie). I did see some harvesting going on and so, I guess it is time. We had a very hard winter here, so I was hoping for better this year. At least another month before the mice moved in!

Oh, by the way, if I only did one thing right in my life, I told my husband when me married, "He who is doing the job is doing it right." In other words, no critism allowed of the person who is working their tail off. No one is allowed to do that, period. You want to do the job, get off your patootie and do it, otherwise, hush up. We've been married for 25 plus years now. It is one rule we both insist on. Don't tell me how to scrub the floor or do the laundry, or guess what? It's your job from now on.

I know this is my own fault, but I'm just ticked.I got a speeding ticket. Friday night I was on my way to my DD soccer game, a empty logging truck was in front of me. The posted speed is 55, anyway he was going 30 up hills and no faster then 40 anywhere else. In 2 passing zones when he was going 40 I went out to pass he sped up, I really think he was messing with me. Anyway his inconsistant speed started making me nervous so on the 3rd passing zone (again going no faster then 40) I started passing, I got about half way by him and he was speeding up agian, decided that I was getting around him and accelerated by him. I know I was speeding when I passed him, but I got right back to the speed limit when I got around him.
The police officer didn't pull me over until at least 2 miles later after I had made 2 turns. I tried to tell the officer that the trucks speed was fluctuating and made me nervous, but he just said I know they are a pain, and to pass him I was speeding.
My hubby is a truck driver so trucks don't make me nervous, but something in my gut told me to get around him. Maybe I won't listen to my gut anymore.
I'm guilty and know it, but it's just not what I needed.

that happens to me so often where I notice the guy is trying to play games of some kind. How dangerous and stupid. Must be bored with his job. I am sure they get overworked plenty but why do they forget how things can happen so fast. Truck here in St Louis ran into long line of stopped cars because he was just sick and tired of all the traffic. What a mess. Seemed like it was some kind of movie the way t he cars were scattered all over. His mind must have snapped. Wonder if that trucker got a ticket?

mikki your post scared me too. One thing we don't know what he was thinking. Maybe mad about his job or his wife, who knows?

doesn't it make you mad to have to get out on the road?

Thank you all for understanding. The mouse is still there somewhere. Hubby set a trap and guess what? My aging doggie set it off. He swore a lot and re-set it. (He loves our doggie, too; for those who may know us, she's a real oldie). I did see some harvesting going on and so, I guess it is time. We had a very hard winter here, so I was hoping for better this year. At least another month before the mice moved in!

Claire, I totally DO understand about the mouse. There are few things in live that really scare me but rodents of any type just send me through the roof! When we lived in our little old bungalow which we were trying to fix up, we got a huge infestation of mice AND rats. They were everywhere. We did everything we could to get rid of them and finally had to get the professionals in. I lived in total fear through that winter that I would run into a live or dead one and we had to be so careful that our puppy didn't find the traps before the critters did.

I will certainly pray that this one is caught quickly without further incident and that he hasn't sent invitations to his family and friends yet to check out his new digs.

Hey, are you married to mine??:LOL:

I know and I would have done the same.
I usually just pull over , slow down and let a few cars take my place behind anyone who drives like that..No letting someone toy with me, it makes me very angry....I know we all want to get home and you will, maybe 10 later but what is so important you insist on risking you neck? And I'm still known around here as Lead foot:LOL:

kadesma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom