"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #1731
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Actually I thought about this--Some cats will actually attack people like that. Especially if the cat felt cornered. One of our cats (born outside and distrusting of people) will tear us up if we try to touch her and she feels cornered.

But when I read he/she cut the phone lines that didn't make sense. That makes me wonder if he/she had longer ranging plans but was just scared off.
I don't think Julie felt cornered, just threatened. Julie's a VERY social kitty, but not accustomed to being interrupted in the middle of the night. I think he found a place to hide.

The phone lines were fixed about an hour ago. We're surmising that the bad guys might have thought we had a security system and messing with the phone lines would disable it.

No, expat. No security cameras anywhere in the businesses so no videotape record of what happened.

The police department and sheriff's department have their hands full with the courthouse arson investigation. All of a sudden our quiet little community is not so quiet.

"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #1732
Master Chef
So sorry to hear.........glad that so far nothing was stolen...........and Julie is fine.......

The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #1733
Assistant Cook
Speaking of pitbull cats - The week after leaving the military, I hired a packing crew to ship my belongings out of state. An appropriately tall and muscular man stepped into my living room - only to jump back and let out a small shriek at the site of my eighteen pound tomcat. "Truly he is affectionate", I assured him. My belongings were packed in a jiffy.

Didn't mean to stray off the venting topic though. Glad to hear you and your kitty are safe, if a bit ruffled.
THE redheaded stepchild.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #1734
Master Chef
well, I guess I did own a semi-pit bull cat named Liono after one of the powerful "ThunderCats" characters in the 80"s cartoons-----we were very respective of his "likes and dislikes"--all the neighbhorhood kids knew to back off if he swished his tail and his ears drew back but he had so many other great qualities that few disliked him....I never knew what a terror he was to dogs and how protective of our yard until I observed a neighbor picking up her Scottie after seeing Liono lurking in the bushes and overheard her soothingly purr to "our pit bull cat" --- "nice, Kitty,kitty...nice kitty, kitty.." that's when I made her acquaintance and was told that Liono literally would attack her dog for rounding the corner of our property....he probably would have made good watch cat............
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #1735
Sous Chef
Katie E so glad you are both safe and that not too much harm was done.
Keep your chin up.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #1736
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Glad you're both safe ( julie too) that's the important thing!!
Sometimes people are so darn mean.... sorry this happened to you.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
Old 01-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #1737
Executive Chef
Hey ~ Katie, just got in here today, glad you and the shop are okay. Sorry that happened to you.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #1738
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I am SO mad--at myself. Last weekend James went to the grocery store and got a few things, including a few packages of meat. I put the bags all down on the kitchen floor, then started putting everything away. At least I thought I put everything away.

This afternoon I was walking through the kitchen and noticed a brown puddle on the floor. I thought Cubbie had taken my almost empty bottle of Diet Pepsi (he likes to chew 2-liter bottles) and chewed it and spilled the pop on the floor. I noticed a bag sitting in the puddle, kind of behind a plastic bin by the microwave cart. It was a ham. It wasn't a really big one, but it wasn't really small either. I can't believe that I never noticed it until today! I said it was a ham--I didn't really look at it close enough because by now it was pretty disgusting, but it was ham-shaped and had a bone. I could just kick myself! I'm also very surprised that neither Cubbie nor the cat (or the neighbor's dog who comes in and makes himself at home) tore into it.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #1739
Master Chef
Gosh kati, I am so sorry. Darn people ...
You are what you eat.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #1740
Master Chef
Wow, Katie, that is a horrible feeling. I'm thankful that you or Buck were not there and that Julie is okay physically anyway. Emotionally, he may have to have lots of love to help him.

Closed Thread