Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have a guy come and clean my house and he was never more shocked than the day I stepped in kitty poo under the Christmas tree............he worked for a friend of mine and told her how mad I was and the shocking language I used............"she was really really mad" was his description of my foul disposition.....I normally don't curse in front of others but I was too mad that day............. it's a good thing that cat was outta sight

Dealing with aging parents or friends is one of the more difficult trials we have. Mom has been very good (since I live in IL and she in FL, my sisters pretty much do everything, she is doing good and she and Dad live quite well on their own, she jokes that she saves me for the worst). But I have a couple of freinds here who still live on their own in their late 70s. I often find myself a go-between for them and their relatives, and find myself explaining a bit of life for them. Luckily they are both very intelligent, very well educated women who really are trying to keep their minds active. But I still find myself getting one to eat enough (she simply does not understand why she has to eat). My own mother, who knows them by proxy and has one heck of a time with food (cancer of the upper intestine) actually sends me messages to give this woman ... who she's never met! "If I can eat, you can eat!!"

Minor vent on my part.

I'm really tired of people behaving badly here and then complaining (either in PM or on other sites) about getting moderated/banned. I'm tired of people assuming things and making disparaging remarks. This is something we volunteer to do in our spare time (which some of us have precious little of) and when people get nasty it really ticks me off. And more on others behalf than my own. BAH! Ok, enough of that vent.

Slightly bigger vent.

My Mom is not very well. This is her own choice (not taking meds) and even though I've tried to point out the dangers she has continued. She snips at me for doing anything to care for her, and then fawns all over ANYONE else who does anything for her. Thats not the vent part yet believe it or not. The frustration is that I am getting guilted/chastised for not doing things that Mom refuses to let me do. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Danged if I do, and danged if I don't.

Alix,
Do not like to say it, 'been there, done that'. first my mother now my brothers, One thing I didn't know, after we grow up, we become our own individual. We do thing the way WE want, the way WE can, and NO one tells us differently. I had to realize, no matter what I wanted for her/him, I can't instill that into their brain. If THEY want they can give up. Regardless of what it is. Bible says, we become like children. Is this what that means? Or could it be all this durn medication that makes our brains go haywire? We want our own way. It is very hard to accept when you love someone so much. WE are all individuals, regardless of being related no two people think alike. My brothers are now being that way and I do have to let go and let God. Trying to MAKE them do something is not easy. Don't we always hurt the ones we love? She is doing just that. The best medicine for my mother were friends who cared. Not what I said. Her whole demeanor changed whenever some people from church would come to visit. If only that happened regular basis, would have been easier for me.

Only advice I can give, is what I do regular basis is try to treat them with love and respect. Just look at life from her side. Old age is not for sissies. i am praying that if I do live longer I will try to understand and cooperate with anyone who cares.

Alix,
Do not like to say it, 'been there, done that'. first my mother now my brothers, One thing I didn't know, after we grow up, we become our own individual. We do thing the way WE want, the way WE can, and NO one tells us differently. I had to realize, no matter what I wanted for her/him, I can't instill that into their brain. If THEY want they can give up. Regardless of what it is. Bible says, we become like children. Is this what that means? Or could it be all this durn medication that makes our brains go haywire? We want our own way. It is very hard to accept when you love someone so much. WE are all individuals, regardless of being related no two people think alike. My brothers are now being that way and I do have to let go and let God. Trying to MAKE them do something is not easy. Don't we always hurt the ones we love? She is doing just that. The best medicine for my mother were friends who cared. Not what I said. Her whole demeanor changed whenever some people from church would come to visit. If only that happened regular basis, would have been easier for me.

Only advice I can give, is what I do regular basis is try to treat them with love and respect. Just look at life from her side. Old age is not for sissies. i am praying that if I do live longer I will try to understand and cooperate with anyone who cares.
Just curious....how old are you???

how many of you youngsters like Neil Diamond.........he rocks my boat...........that man is going to outlast me.........

I have had a crush on him since I was 8 (His early days - Cherry, Cherry, Shilo)! Yes, DH knows about it.:LOL:

I actually saw him in concert 7 times, once even driving all the way to Tacoma Washington! It would have been more times but I didn't find out about a few of the concerts until it was to late.:(

He's one of my favorites too.
I love his music but...I've only been lucky enough to see two of his concerts.

Shilo...is my favorite song!!

ok, so, dh is a manager of an rv park. a couple that has been there about 10 years has a rotteweiler that barks and growls at everyone. It has never bit anyone, but, scares everyone, so, they were told never to bring it back, as they are just weekenders and don't live there. Well, they brought it back and dh went to tell them not to bring it back. The old man, VERY sweet old man, said, look, he's never bitten anyone, jsut come here, so, dh goes over to the dog and it just looks at him, the mand said look, just pet him, he WILL NOT bite, I would not tell you to if I even THOUGHT he would, so, dh goes to pet him and GUESS WHAT. DH is not at the dr with 2 punctures and a tear about 2-3 inches on the inside of his thumb, where that muscle is. Looks like ground up fat!! omg, dh has never been bitten before and he loves animals so much. It looks awful and I'm sure, he will get stiches because of how deep it is. I am so ANGRY!!! The man broke down crying and kept appologizing to dh.
The son, on the other hand, was yelling and cussing at dh for telling them to get it out and never bring it back. This is a 30 something guy that is in a wheelchair and is so addicted to pain killers, he sits there and stares at he sky. I just want to got and knock him to the ground, crippled or not, I'm sorry. He is abusive to his mom and dad and anyone around him. And the man has the beginnings of Alzheimers too, poor soul!! The son and wife both treat him like crap. I hate for him to be so guilty feeling. It's not his fault, I blame the wife and son!!

venting over these blinkity blank credit company's I used to do my crowns back almost a year ago. They've both overcharged me and expect me to pay the total they have which is hundreds off in both instances, and then ask for a refund and hope to get it. So, out of pocket and then hope? I think not!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaAArgh!

OMG, I am so sick to my stomach. I am so glad that he didn't squat down, as he normally does, when meeting a new animal. I am scared to even think of the outcome.
Dr said, the wound was almost all the way through his hand. Just missed the nerve, thank god!! He is right handed and that is the hand that is torn up. Dr said that he is very lucky to still have use of it as bad as the tear is. Was unable to close it completely, needs to drain. He had to get shots in it and a tetnus and high dose of antibiotics and is having to take more antibiotics that is costing $180!! total so far, Just under $600 for the day:cry:
I gripe about my MIL, but, if it weren't for her, he wouldn't have been seen at all. She is paying for it all. DH hasn't received his paycheck for the month and me being unemployed, well, she saved him today, probably literally if he had gotten infected. So, he goes back Friday to have it checked for infection. I have been sick since hearing it and seeing it. This man loves animals, as much as me, even if he won't let me have more:angel:

OMG, I am so sick to my stomach. I am so glad that he didn't squat down, as he normally does, when meeting a new animal. I am scared to even think of the outcome.
Dr said, the wound was almost all the way through his hand. Just missed the nerve, thank god!! He is right handed and that is the hand that is torn up. Dr said that he is very lucky to still have use of it as bad as the tear is. Was unable to close it completely, needs to drain. He had to get shots in it and a tetnus and high dose of antibiotics and is having to take more antibiotics that is costing $180!! total so far, Just under $600 for the day:cry:
I gripe about my MIL, but, if it weren't for her, he wouldn't have been seen at all. She is paying for it all. DH hasn't received his paycheck for the month and me being unemployed, well, she saved him today, probably literally if he had gotten infected. So, he goes back Friday to have it checked for infection. I have been sick since hearing it and seeing it. This man loves animals, as much as me, even if he won't let me have more:angel:

:) Hey wait a minute. Shouldn't the people that own the dog pay for it?

right,but, they had already left, so, mil paid. BUT, we just filed a report with our dpt here and we will be able to file civil suit if it gets to that, but, I don't think it will, once I tell her that they will pay all court costs also. My dh, he's in a lot of pain and no pain meds.

Stacy,
this is why, I could knock heads with people who deliberatley breed dogs to fight..A dog is a dog no matter how much we love them..The poor dog will most likely be put down..He just did what was expected of him..I bet you anything that dog is a fighter..I'm so sorry about Michael and even though M-i-l bugs the heck out of ya, I have never in my life seen one who denies her baby help no matter his age..Relax for now and take care of Michael It will all fall into place Hugs to all of you
cj

I'm sorry for your DH, TG.....
never been bitten but it sounds just horrible, I cant imagine what you're going thru...
I hope everything will turn out as best it can.

Stacy,
this is why, I could knock heads with people who deliberatley breed dogs to fight..A dog is a dog no matter how much we love them..The poor dog will most likely be put down..He just did what was expected of him..I bet you anything that dog is a fighter..I'm so sorry about Michael and even though M-i-l bugs the heck out of ya, I have never in my life seen one who denies her baby help no matter his age..Relax for now and take care of Michael It will all fall into place Hugs to all of you
cj

This is sadly, true. But, they brought the dog to a public RV park after being told NOT to bring it back after it lunged at a lady and her dog. It has never bitten anyone, until now. They are very nice people and we have already told the cops that we do not want to press charges, we just want to make sure the dog had it's shots that they need to help with the med bills. DH is feeling bad for even having to call the cops, but, we need to, BEFORE, it's a kid next time:(
And you're right about MIL, she just holds it over us forever:LOL:

Thanks mini and suzi!

See, he'll survive, just hurts like the dickens!! lol

Attachments

• 100_2286.jpg
    100_2286.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom