"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #1771
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Because it is THE one. LOL Kind of like Murphy's Law, the one you really count on is the one that doesn't come through.

Barbara
Lord aint that the truth!

Its like they have ESP and know just when to mess things up for maximum frustration!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:47 AM   #1772
Traveling Welcome Wagon

It didn't take ESP. I can see it now. The woman taking the order just broke up with her boyfriend of 7 years because all he ever did was watch sports on TV and never paid any attention to her. An order comes in from pacanis, right before Super Bowl Sunday. Hmmmm, a man, Super Bowl, huge TV. "Huh-uh, not gonna happen," says she. And the rest is history!

Barbara

Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 AM   #1773
Master Chef

Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 AM   #1774
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
It didn't take ESP. I can see it now. The woman taking the order just broke up with her boyfriend of 7 years because all he ever did was watch sports on TV and never paid any attention to her. An order comes in from pacanis, right before Super Bowl Sunday. Hmmmm, a man, Super Bowl, huge TV. "Huh-uh, not gonna happen," says she. And the rest is history!

Barbara
That's too much... and probably too close to the truth
Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #1775
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Amazon, I've noticed, has been getting worse and worse with thier shipping in the last year or so. I've seen things one day on my shipping record listed as in the distribution center 5 miles away. The next day it's in Topeka.
It used to show at the door almost to the minute of the tracking history!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #1776
Master Chef

wanna drag, wanna drag, wanna drag, wanna drag.

okay
Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #1777
Chef Extraordinaire

How do you tell someone to back off ? I'm training to do my dialysis at home, DH goes with me..When my kidneys first failed in september, he and my son were the ones who saved my life by forcing me to go to the hospital..Since then, my DH, is forever looking over my shoulder..That is okay, but it is getting to be a headache..The nurses have given me a large binder with all kinds of info, plus we do quizes and then go over them..DH, has begun to nag me to give him the finished tests so HE can correct them..before we turn them in..I did this once and he erased my answers and said I was wrong and that they wouldn't let me do this at home and bleat and blatt.. I proved to him my answers were correct and that from now on he could not see the tests...I since have refused to give him the tests and he pouts and sniffs and steps on his lip every time we have to go to the center..This is making me resentful and his constant, reminders that he saved me are wearing thin here..How to tell him to back off? Or do I just suck it up and try not to let it bother me.. I'm having a hard time with all this and the fact that I have a zillion people telling me what to do, when to do it and that I feel I don't own me anymore..Give me the straight scoop, I'm getting a tough hide now

kadesma
Old 02-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #1778
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I think he is doing it for two reasons: He loves you and is trying to be helpful, and he is worried about losing you. HOWEVER, he is going to have to learn that what he is doing, no matter how good his intentions are, is not helping you at all and is actually having an opposite effect on you. Could you have your doctor talk to him about it? I'm sure the doctor has seen this kind of thing before.

Barbara
Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #1779
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Oh yeah, as for the other zillion people--Get a few cans of Silly String, and when they start up, just give them a blast (they won't know that you are pretending it is a machine gun!).

Barbara
Old 02-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #1780
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh yeah, as for the other zillion people--Get a few cans of Silly String, and when they start up, just give them a blast (they won't know that you are pretending it is a machine gun!).

Barbara
Thanks I need to laugh..It feels so good..
kades