Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they're manly men...........they don't need pain medications........me heap big man........no need pain killers.........but I will groan all night and keep squaw awake and worried about me........hahaha

Guys think if they go without pain meds or any other type of meds it makes them look stronger. Then they whine because it hurts or they don't feel good. My hubby thinks I'm cold hearted because I don't baby him. I tell him if he doesn't want to take anything I don't want to hear it.

be careful with this attitude. i did same thing to ex husband. complain, complain, about indigestion . i said shut up or go to e.r. he did and was having a heart attack. sometimes they don't know what is wrong with them. you are right though , if they choose not to take anything, then they shouldn't complain. :LOL:

they're manly men...........they don't need pain medications........me heap big man........no need pain killers.........but I will groan all night and keep squaw awake and worried about me........hahaha
And have you noticed they whine and groan louder if they think you didn't hear them?

:LOL:Barbara

And have you noticed they whine and groan louder if they think you didn't hear them?

:LOL:Barbara
Mine won't even let me know when something is wrong..Yet his nose is in all my tests, he pushes in when we see the doctor at the center.It makes me crazy..I know now he is having trouble with his bilirubin it's twice what it should be..Think he will tell me what his doc said..Nope..So he is getting a great big surprise on the 6tht..He is not being allowed in the room to talk with the doctor and I intend to be silent on the way home...This is going to be resolved or else!!!
kadesma

James and I both see the same doctor, and we usually go in with the other. I like him to come in with me because I don't always remember everything the doctor says (especially if I don't feel well), and he does. In fact, we usually make our appointments together.

:)Barbara

I remember my husband last year bellyaching cause I scheduled him for a colonoscopy.......oh you're a hypochondriac (well he's right :)) anyway I went to a lot of trouble to get him scheduled.......people are finally listening.......and the Dr.s are way backed up trying to schedule them.......they really didn't want to do it until the doctor saw him..... I pleaded.........please he only has two weeks here and he's 55 and I promise that I'll deliver him personally ...so they reluctantly agreed.......and guess what.......they found a precancerous lesion.......I asked how long it would have been until it turned into actual cancer and the nurse said 8 years........this is why this is such an unnecessary disease to die from.........the Doc said that if any family member has had colon cancer that you should be examined 10 years before the date of their cancer found........

Not being able to sleep for too many reasons, I read your post texasgirl and feel so sorry. Being an animal lover the way you are this is certainly going to make difference with your husband.

My one brother was such a dog person. He was until he had same thing happen to him just last year. Tried to put rotweiler back into neighbor's yard and as he was closing gate, dog jumped up and bit him in the arm, had to have 7-8 stitches, just when I wasn't home. Neighbor had to rush him to ER as it was bleeding so much. Today, when he sees strange dog he won't try to get near him as i can actually see he is scared. How this changed his feeling for animals is complete turnaround from way he was. My neighbor has this kind of dog and when he gets into our yard, the neighbor tells me that the dog won't bite. After reading this, I know better. Has dobermans too.

texasgirl, I am praying that all will go well with your husband That wound will heal without any problem. I am so sorry and know that he meant well for all concerned. I am sure these people hopefully will learn that this dog is a weapon for all who come near. The dog did this while the owners were around. That is even worse.

I understand about being an animal lover, but....the fact still remains that the dog bit your husband, and he will bite again - or worse. It doesn't even matter if the dog has not been specifically bred for fighting, it's in his genes regardless of how much he apparently loves his owners and hadn't bitten anyone "yet". He has bitten someone "now". I don't know what the laws are where you are at but the dog needs to be put to sleep.
I work in the emergency room at our local hospital and we had an 8 year old boy in 2 evenings ago with severe dog bites all over his face, neck and upper body. He was brought in by ambulance with his dad, when the ambulance/police got to the boy and his dad, his dad was cradling him in his arms, blood everywhere, the boy obviously screaming and in pain. This could be the "first time" this dog ever bit someone also, or he could be someones very loving pet that hadn't ever bitten "before". It still remains that someone is going to get hurt again, and maybe next time it won't come out as well as it has so far. Your husband has an injury that he didn't have before. It's not the dogs fault, it's the owners who don't know their dog well enough who put your husband in danger and now others will be in danger also.

Sorry to seem like such a downer, but peoples lives are worth more than the animals, regardless of how much of an animal lover someone is. :)

my sister-in-law's lab bit a boy that she was babysitting........thank goodness the person didn't sue her..........but when he bit her own 3 year old son and nearly missed his eye by half an inch she realized that she had to put Jake down........he always got so nervous when there was bad weather and Corpus gets bad weather a lot.......to this day my nephew isn't too keen to be around strange dogs

babe- I don't usually say that kind of thing if it's something out of the ordinary, mostly cold, flu symptoms, or if something hurts and I tell him to go to the dr and get it checked he refuses. You also have to know hubby, he has to have all the attention.
A few weeks ago DD woke up and couldn't breath because of allergies,I called Dr got her inhaler and nasal spay back, it helped during normal activities,but she ran for soccer and couldn't catch her breath so coach called 911. Anyway At the same time hubby got congested, complained how bad he felt and that he couldn't breath, wouldn't take anything, but still complained that he was worse then my DD or I was. Everything is always worse for him. DD gets sent to hospital,tells her shes a wimp and then complains he's worse.
That's why I get an attitude with him.

my daughter played lacrosse in high school and she would get very breathless with all the running in the game and we had an inhaler for her.........but I always suspected mitral valve prolapse........both my hubby and I have it.........sure enough when she started to pass out.........the doctor ran an echocardiogram on her and that's what it was........darn, I should have been a Doc.........:)

Hubby is getting better. Went to dr again yesterday, it's healing wonderfully. Police have a copy of shots, so, dh won't be foaming at the mouth, although, his growling has been worse, lol, j/k
I told the police, where they live, what happened and how it happened. I don't think they are going to do anything about it, sadly. When dh pet the dog, he was laying there with his tongue out panting, not growling, barking or no sign of aggression at all. When dh touched his head, he just jerked his head around and bit him and that was it. The owners are nice, but, so very very ignorant!! MIL said the dog is the master, not them. They do what the dog wants. Noone there can control it or hold onto it either. Although it has never bitten, it HAS lunged at a few people, one being an elderly lady and her little poodle that were riding around the park on her golf cart. Someone happened to be there and grabbed its lead when the son was unable to hold it. I pray that this dog is put down, because, they talk about how their grandkids hug and play "on" this dog. I get sick just thinking about it. DH told them, "Don't let that dog near ANYONE, especially kids or you're dumber than I thought"! AMEN!!

my daughter played lacrosse in high school and she would get very breathless with all the running in the game and we had an inhaler for her.........but I always suspected mitral valve prolapse........both my hubby and I have it.........sure enough when she started to pass out.........the doctor ran an echocardiogram on her and that's what it was........darn, I should have been a Doc.........:)

OMG, that must have been scary for you!! I was scared to death when my oldest was in ICU when 5 from asthma. I will never forget that little tiny guy fighting for his life with tubes, bigger than he was, running all around him. I'm glad you thought of it and got her in to be seen, good for you!!

Well, oldest son is stuck in Baton Rouge, La, due to the fact that not 1, but 2 crew leaders, took their money and ran!!!:angry:
He is stuck there, noway home!! The guy he went with has no gas and the tires are bald and they can't come home!! no food, nothing:cry:
They go down there to help someone while making a little money and they get screwed!! I don't know what to do. Anyone have suggestions?

Hubby is getting better. Went to dr again yesterday, it's healing wonderfully. Police have a copy of shots, so, dh won't be foaming at the mouth, although, his growling has been worse, lol, j/k
I told the police, where they live, what happened and how it happened. I don't think they are going to do anything about it, sadly. When dh pet the dog, he was laying there with his tongue out panting, not growling, barking or no sign of aggression at all. When dh touched his head, he just jerked his head around and bit him and that was it. The owners are nice, but, so very very ignorant!! MIL said the dog is the master, not them. They do what the dog wants. Noone there can control it or hold onto it either. Although it has never bitten, it HAS lunged at a few people, one being an elderly lady and her little poodle that were riding around the park on her golf cart. Someone happened to be there and grabbed its lead when the son was unable to hold it. I pray that this dog is put down,
because, they talk about how their grandkids hug and play "on" this dog. I get sick just thinking about it. DH told them, "Don't let that dog near ANYONE, especially kids or you're dumber than I thought"! AMEN!!

:) Thats the problem when people cater to their dog and let them do what they want. I love all my dogs and cats and they are spoiled to no end but they all know who the real boss is, ME. Dogs really do want someone to be the alpha to be the boss, they like to know what they are supposed to do or not do. Now on the other hand DH has been a bit harder to train he knows who the boss is but tries to test me once in a while.:LOL::LOL:
I also have a theory that dogs are only as good as their owners if we are kind and caring/ peaceful the dogs are the same if we are fighting and defensive and theres negative vibes the dogs will be then be that way.

Well, oldest son is stuck in Baton Rouge, La, due to the fact that not 1, but 2 crew leaders, took their money and ran!!!:angry:
He is stuck there, noway home!! The guy he went with has no gas and the tires are bald and they can't come home!! no food, nothing:cry:
They go down there to help someone while making a little money and they get screwed!! I don't know what to do. Anyone have suggestions?

:) Perhaps they could go to a local church or churches explain their situation and get some help as far as food and gas money and maybe some used but better tires. Another option is to go to or call the local news paper or TV station and tell their story and expose these guys and maybe get the law to go after the crew leaders and the so called company.

From the looks of the mail, there are many names that mail is sent to there. He doesn't know the guys real name now. I am going to find him again and tell him about the church though.

:) Perhaps they could go to a local church or churches explain their situation and get some help as far as food and gas money and maybe some used but better tires. Another option is to go to or call the local news paper or TV station and tell their story and expose these guys and maybe get the law to go after the crew leaders and the so called company.

babe- I don't usually say that kind of thing if it's something out of the ordinary, mostly cold, flu symptoms, or if something hurts and I tell him to go to the dr and get it checked he refuses. You also have to know hubby, he has to have all the attention.
A few weeks ago DD woke up and couldn't breath because of allergies,I called Dr got her inhaler and nasal spay back, it helped during normal activities,but she ran for soccer and couldn't catch her breath so coach called 911. Anyway At the same time hubby got congested, complained how bad he felt and that he couldn't breath, wouldn't take anything, but still complained that he was worse then my DD or I was. Everything is always worse for him. DD gets sent to hospital,tells her shes a wimp and then complains he's worse.
That's why I get an attitude with him.

that doesn't sound too great, mikki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom