"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #1781
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I think he is doing it for two reasons: He loves you and is trying to be helpful, and he is worried about losing you. ......
Barbara
I think you hit the nail on the head, Barbara. You're pretty good at that I've noticed
I watched my father do the same thing with my mother last year. She didn't need to be hearing his griping about her not eating well, but he was afraid of losing her and thought he was doing her good. It really showed how attached he was to her where he had never shown that side of him before.

I don't know kadesma.... maybe give him a please stop, but realize he may not be able to.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #1782
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head, Barbara. You're pretty good at that I've noticed
I watched my father do the same thing with my mother last year. She didn't need to be hearing his griping about her not eating well, but he was afraid of losing her and thought he was doing her good. It really showed how attached he was to her where he had never shown that side of him before.

I don't know kadesma.... maybe give him a please stop, but realize he may not be able to.
Pacanis,
Barb, knows me almost better than I know myself I know he loves me after all these years together..It's just frustrating being pulled back and forth by so many people. I'll try asking that he just let me do this and that I'll ask him if I need help and we shall see if it helps..Thanks pacanis..
kadesma

Old 02-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #1783
Master Chef

I agree with Barbara. Talk to your doctor. You should talk to someone with G in the room with you so that he knows how it is really affecting you. He loves you, but, he needs to know when to let you do things too so that your not miserable. Love you lady!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #1784
Everymom

If you give him a really big hug and tell him you love him for being such a wonderful husband, and then tell him you need to learn this stuff WITHOUT him being "helpful" so that you can be healthy on your own would that help?

If not, I recommend the tantrum. Have a knock down, no holds barred hissy fit. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't seen you do THAT very often. LOL. Hugs kadesma, much love and prayers for peace are coming your way.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #1785
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
If you give him a really big hug and tell him you love him for being such a wonderful husband, and then tell him you need to learn this stuff WITHOUT him being "helpful" so that you can be healthy on your own would that help?

If not, I recommend the tantrum. Have a knock down, no holds barred hissy fit. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't seen you do THAT very often. LOL. Hugs kadesma, much love and prayers for peace are coming your way.
Great idea Alix and thanks...I'll give it a try..will hold the hissy for the time being...Thanks for the hugs they feel so good...The prayers do bring peace.
kades
Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #1786
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I agree with Barbara. Talk to your doctor. You should talk to someone with G in the room with you so that he knows how it is really affecting you. He loves you, but, he needs to know when to let you do things too so that your not miserable. Love you lady!!
Love you too my friend..Thank you, I'll sit with him tonight and we will talk calmly and quietly..Then if that doesn't do the trick, I'll have a hissy fit as Alix suggested J/K it will work out...Just getting it off my chest here with friends to ground me and give me a hug or two has already helped.
kades
Old 02-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #1787
Master Chef

OMG, I am really having a hard time today with the smoking!! I am 2 days 4 hours 41 minutes smoke free, but, I'm having the withdrawls so bad today, hurts.

Addon: Wow, I JUST found out from my sister that she hasn't had a drink in a month!! ON HER OWN!!
and let me tell you, she drank right at noon until she went to bed everyday, except work days and had one as soon as she stepped into the door. I am so proud of her!! If she can do that, I can do this!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #1788
Executive Chef

texasgirl

Just remember we are all standing alongside you.

Ray
Old 02-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #1789
Master Chef

Thank you. I am really trying not to even use the commit also. I want to be able to be completely nicotine free.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #1790
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Wow, texasgirl, sounds like it's time to get those knitting needles flyin'.

I remembered the title of the knitting books I was trying to think of a couple days ago.

It's a series of 3 books by Sally Melville and they are wonderful for someone who is a beginner.

The first one is The Knitting Experience: Book 1: The Knit Stitch. The second book is all about the "purl" stitch and the third book is about "color." All the books are filled with great information/instructions and photos.

Closed Thread