"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #1791
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Wow, texasgirl, sounds like it's time to get those knitting needles flyin'.

I remembered the title of the knitting books I was trying to think of a couple days ago.

It's a series of 3 books by Sally Melville and they are wonderful for someone who is a beginner.

The first one is The Knitting Experience: Book 1: The Knit Stitch. The second book is all about the "purl" stitch and the third book is about "color." All the books are filled with great information/instructions and photos.
Great, thank you!!
I had the knitting out yesteday, messed up and ALMOST frogged the whole 72 rows, but, put it down instead and left it alone
I haven't touched it yet. I think I will try it now.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #1792
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I agree with Katie, repeat after me.

Knit 1, Purl 2, Knit 1, Purl 2.......

Almost 9 years after quitting and I still have to make my fingers busy and my brain go elsewhere.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #1793
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I agree with Katie, repeat after me.

Knit 1, Purl 2, Knit 1, Purl 2.......

Almost 9 years after quitting and I still have to make my fingers busy and my brain go elsewhere.

I love DC!!! It always makes me feel better. I have figured out, my worst is before 3pm. Weird, I'm still at work, but, not as bad after 3. We'll see how I do tomorrow I always mess up at home. DH drives me nuts though!! LOL
Old 02-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #1794
Traveling Welcome Wagon

James actually had a pretty easy time quitting (he said prayer helped), but he said he has found himself kind of wanting one once in awhile since he quit. He has also had dreams where he was smoking.

I'm proud of how seriously you are taking this TG. Continued prayers and good thoughts for your efforts.

Barbara
Old 02-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #1795
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
James actually had a pretty easy time quitting (he said prayer helped), but he said he has found himself kind of wanting one once in awhile since he quit. He has also had dreams where he was smoking.

I'm proud of how seriously you are taking this TG. Continued prayers and good thoughts for your efforts.

Barbara
Aww, thank you Barbara!!
2 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes amd 32 seconds.
I started thinking, everything that my mom went through and everything that my niece is going through now and had no choice, I can make this choice and be about 1/4 strong as them.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #1796
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Aww, thank you Barbara!!
2 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes amd 32 seconds.
I started thinking, everything that my mom went through and everything that my niece is going through now and had no choice, I can make this choice and be about 1/4 strong as them.
Texas,
you are strong, look how much you've been through with the boys and dh being sick..You've got what it takes..I won't say it is easy, it's not even after 5 months the urge is still there at times..And there are times it's as if someone gives me a push and I want to smoke, but, I don't keep any around to tempt me and I'm so darn stubborn that I refuse to even think of buying any..So on that note if this ol chick can do this, this young one I'm yakking at can too!!!!
You dig in those heels girl, you've already made me proud of you.
kades
Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #1797
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Texas,
you are strong, look how much you've been through with the boys and dh being sick..You've got what it takes..I won't say it is easy, it's not even after 5 months the urge is still there at times..And there are times it's as if someone gives me a push and I want to smoke, but, I don't keep any around to tempt me and I'm so darn stubborn that I refuse to even think of buying any..So on that note if this ol chick can do this, this young one I'm yakking at can too!!!!
You dig in those heels girl, you've already made me proud of you.
kades
Aww, thank you!! I won't let anyone or myself down!!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #1798
Master Chef

DH went back to the Gastroenterologist today. He is relapsing and choking on everything again. We were hoping for a new med to try. Basically, the idiot doesn't know what is going on and said there is nothing else that he can do and wants to rerun the manometry to see if it's better or not HELLO!!! We know it is not better!!! That is a $400 test and we don't have it. I have looked online and saw other treatments and he is saying there isn't any. I could not go, had to work or I would have printed all of it outand argued with him. I'm tired, want a cigarette, not going to do it, and I want him better. It is so hard to live like this.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #1799
Executive Chef

TG, I hope there is a better solution for your dh soon and you are right: don't give in or you will have to start all over. You are doing great!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #1800
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hang in there, darlin'. You've come too far to lose ground now. Just hang tough. You can make it through. You know that when you need a sounding board and/or shoulder, we are always here.

Closed Thread