"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #1801
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Sounds like second opinion time TG. Is seeing another doctor an option? I'm praying everything works out.

Barbara

Old 02-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #1802
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Hang in there, darlin'. You've come too far to lose ground now. Just hang tough. You can make it through. You know that when you need a sounding board and/or shoulder, we are always here.
I know, I'm not going to mess it up, not now. Thank you!!

Quote:
Sounds like second opinion time TG. Is seeing another doctor an option? I'm praying everything works out.

Barbara
We went after the first few appointments to another to get a 2nd and he told he would have started it out the same. Well, we will go back to the 2nd next time. If we are going to pay for the stupid test anyway, we're going to get another person to do the test too.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #1803
Master Chef

my f-i-l was taught a special way to take pills and swallow food when he had that problem that really helped---do get a second opinion and best wishes for your hubby
Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #1804
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
my f-i-l was taught a special way to take pills and swallow food when he had that problem that really helped---do get a second opinion and best wishes for your hubby
Unfortunately, his isn't as easy as that, lord how I wish it were!! That would be so good. The muscles in his throat do not work and never will, so it seems.
We are definately going to find someone else that won't charge us $80 just to say, well, I don't know what else to do.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #1805
Master Chef

pet peeves

one irritant or peeve is my husband saving one tablespoon of food ! Tell me what one can do with a tablespoon of tunafish, or mashed potato , or milk or anything else? Another one is saving chicken fat from cooked chicken for the dog... need I say , dog likes it but I do not like effect of it , flatulence! ugh!
Another one is giving the dog left over wet cat food, honestly, is one lousy tablespoon of cat food a waste? Also affects dog with big stink!!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #1806
Master Chef

Well, I'd suggest serving DH a week's worth of Tablespoon Delight. His special dish only for him and then make him load the dishwasher with all the containers or wash them if they need to be done by hand! :)
Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #1807
Traveling Welcome Wagon

The guy across the street still has not found homes for his dogs (I think they are a pit bull mix). I love the dogs (almost wish I didn't), but if they don't go soon, I don't know what is going to happen. The dogs (those two and the neighbor's boxer pup--the same age, but maybe from the same litter) run loose all the time. They steal things from all the neighbors (trash, clothes, shoes, etc.) and leave it all strewn through our yard. They have brought various animal bones including a small skull and, last week, a cow skull. I don't think the boxer starts any of the mischief, but he gets involved since he runs with them. Late at night Cubbie (our dog) sometimes goes out alone, and sometimes will run and play with them, but now that I know what I found out today, I won't let him out alone until they are gone. Last week I found a lot of feathers in our yard. They were a lot bigger than those from the little birds that hang out in our trees, so I was sure the cats didn't kill it. Today I found the largest of the dogs in our yard with the half-eaten remains of a chicken. The people behind us have chickens. The dogs' owner wasn't home, so I left a note on his door letting him know about the chickens. I'm worried about what will happen when they are full-grown (I think they are around 10 months old--their owner says they were born around October 2006, but there is no way they are that old). There are no little kids on our road, but their neighbor (the one with the boxer) does have grandkids who visit every weekend. I also don't like that Cubbie has been getting really aggressive when he plays with them. The dogs also chase our cats.

Barbara
Old 02-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #1808
Executive Chef

Neighbors

Sounds like you have neighbor problem too. I don't care what it is, when you have to live next door to someone they just don't seem like it is any of your business. My neighbors are really from the pit of ****. They are involved in rescue group and she doesn't bathe or care for them the way one should. She lets the dogs run into my yard and they do their business and take off. Your dogs sound like more serious. I would be fearful of those dogs. People today just seem like they are getting more self centered and could care less what you think. Not good old days. Said hello and goodbye and always always treated neighbors like you wanted to be treated.

I am sorry Barbara L but only thing I suggest is you have to do what you think is right and forget what the others think. Kind of sad that they kill the guy's chickens. As long as they don't blame your dog. What kind you got? I had to call Animal Control on neighbor in back because his Rotweiler and Dobermann were in my yard trying to get my miniature schnauzer and shih tzu. Did this so often i called and then the gal from the office tells me I should have rabies tag on my dogs. What did that have to do with threat of the dogs coming in my yard and trying to get my dogs? Didn't have rabies tag on them. what stupid thing to complain about. Well, better than the dog mauling my dogs. Neighbors! You can have all of them. Bring back the ones that were here when I first moved here.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #1809
Traveling Welcome Wagon

You're right ITK, it is a neighbor problem. He seems like an ok guy (well, he stays to himself when he is at home), but he hasn't done anything about the dogs. Our dog is a 14-month-old German Shepherd mix (we think half Rottweiler). Most of the time Cubbie stays in the house with me or is hooked up out in the yard.

I don't want anything bad to happen to the dogs. I have even suggested to him that he take them to a local no-kill shelter. I even offerered to do it. The dogs are actually really sweet, but I'm afraid they won't be for long if something doesn't happen soon.

Barbara
Old 02-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #1810
Master Chef

I've watched a lot of court shows and you wouldn't believe the number of cases that involved "well my Rottweiler and pitbull never hurt anyone in their lives and it must have been their little dog, child, or cat that provoked them to attack." Guess what? The owners lost in every case because these breeds are considered weapons and if they are off the leash the owners are liable for any damages. I think that you should do what you think is right and not let your emotions rule you. Killing chickens that have a legal right to be there is a potentially bad thing---because once the dog gets the taste of blood in their mouths they will continue to kill. Please warn the neighbor who has grandchildren visiting to be with them at all time outdoors with something to ward them off with should they be running and attack (bottle of ammonia water works just fine) Hope that you get this resolved soon, Barbara........