"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #1811
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks expat,

The guy with the grandkids owns the boxer puppy that runs with them. The boxer came in a few minutes ago and I could smell that chicken on his breath. I gave him some dog biscuits to help. Yuck. Something will be done soon. I knew it was going to get worse and now that they have started killing chickens, it will probably get even worse if it goes on. I want those puppies in a nice home where someone will care about them. They are absolutely the most lovable dogs you'd ever want to meet. They deserve better than what will happen if something doesn't change.

Barbara

Old 02-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #1812
Master Chef

You know it's very hard to make decisions when they are so cute and sweet. We had the sweetest, cutest little puppy when we were about 3,4,5 years old (and in that order)and we went to visit my grandmother's farm. Well, Trixie, within 30 minutes of arriving went chasing after my uncle's goose and killed it. My uncle came over later and took Trixie away in a bucket. He kept her tied to his front porch under the shade of big oak trees and kept her well fed but she was not going to kill anymore geese or chickens. We all just thought he was being mean---and then later our other cousins told us that he put her down after we left. Of course I understand now---once they get the taste of blood in their mouths--that's it. They won't stop killing. And it may be inbred in the puppies, too. Maybe, your local Animal Control can help with what to do but I have a feeling you're not going to like what they have to say. So sorry you have to deal with this.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #1813
Master Chef

I was trying to cook breakfast, and hubby keeps getting in the way. I told him to get out of my kitchen.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #1814
Master Chef

Angry Frustration

I've been waiting all day for the big brown truck to deliver my food grinder, I see that truck go to my neighbor's house . Neighbor got his delivery but I didn't get mine . I went to the web site to track my package and I see it says Emergency not UPS fault It has been bad weather all day but then why did my neighbor get his delivery and not me ??? Weather prediction , more of the same as today, rain ,snow , sleet. Does that mean I have to wait longer ?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #1815
Master Chef

Well, had a company meeting last night. It was okay...UNTIL, I was stabbed in the back by my supposed "friend" and lied to by boss.
My "friend" is the manager at the first location that I worked for and trained me, we are only 1 year and some days apart. We normally get along, but, there were times that she really got on my nerves, calling me at home to switch my day off {day before mine} cause her kid is sick, that happened NUMEROUS times. Other things too, but, that's okay, I got past that. Now, bosses know that I'm lookiing for another job and are trying to keep me by rotating all of us so that we aren't at the same location every day, this "friend" has been talking about this for over a year, well, last night, she said NO, she doesn't want to do that, and she knew the reason for doing this, then, called me out on a project that was suppose to be done, but, could not be done because SHE lost a cd that I had to have to do it. I did not call her out in retaliation, I should have, but, didn't. Come to find out this morning, SHE HAS THE CD!!! And doesn't want the rotation because she wants me to work there instead. WHATEVER!!! I am SO done with this place!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #1816
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Good luck at finding something new QUICKLY!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #1817
Master Chef

I still didn't get my food grinder and it was suppose to be delivered today.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #1818
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I've been waiting all day for the big brown truck to deliver my food grinder, I see that truck go to my neighbor's house . Neighbor got his delivery but I didn't get mine . I went to the web site to track my package and I see it says Emergency not UPS fault It has been bad weather all day but then why did my neighbor get his delivery and not me ??? Weather prediction , more of the same as today, rain ,snow , sleet. Does that mean I have to wait longer ?
It could be that your package came from a different area than your neighbor's and bad weather there affected your delivery. Hopefully you will get it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
...I am SO done with this place!!!
I am praying for you TG that you find a job that you really love.

Now for my vent--More of a lament than vent though. I just realized that James will be home for our anniversary this year, since it is on a Friday (March 21), but I will be in California! I'm happy to be going but sad about that.

Barbara
Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #1819
Master Chef

[quote=Barbara L;550192]It could be that your package came from a different area than your neighbor's and bad weather there affected your delivery. Hopefully you will get it soon.

I don't know, the ups website the package was out for delivery, so it should have arrived. sighs.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #1820
Master Chef

Angry starlings

I do not like Starlings! They are not the birds I want to see at my bird feeders.