"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #1821
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I don't know, the ups website the package was out for delivery, so it should have arrived. sighs.
If it doesn't arrive soon, make sure to keep on them. Our local UPS guy delivered a vacuum cleaner my mom and dad sent for my birthday to another address (fortunately the people looked me up in the phone book and called and I went and got it). Also I won a contest that author Lisa Scottoline held (she wanted lawyer jokes for one of her books) and the prize was an autographed copy of her latest (at that time) book, The Vendetta Defense, and paperback copies of all her books that came before that. It never got here (UPS), and fortuntely she sent another set, which I got. So stay on them, and also let the company you bought it from know. UPS insures packages, so it shouldn't be a problem for you to get a new one if the first one is lost.

Barbara

Old 02-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #1822
Head Chef

Dear Flu:

Please go away. It has been two weeks, and this morning, I woke up with a temperature again.

Also, on your way out, please take the snow with you.

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #1823
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowgrass View Post
Dear Flu:

Please go away. It has been two weeks, and this morning, I woke up with a temperature again.

Thanks.
Yeah, it seems to hang on longer this year. I found that Zicam kicks it out quicker than others, but, it has to be started as soon as possible, but, you might try it. I hope you get better really soon.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #1824
Executive Chef

Quote:
Dear Flu:

Thanks.
Awww Sparrow, I'm sorry this is hanging on so long for you. This has been a bad flu season and has taken so many people by surprise since the flu vaccine wasn't a good match for the virus this year. Lots of my friends got the shot and a month later, the flu, too! Take care of yourself, drink a lot of fluids, rest even more and take long hot baths. ( That's my standard treatment for flu here!)
Old 02-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #1825
Head Chef

Thanks, guys. I did have my flu shot.

I think I probably am cooking up some bronchitis/pneumonia right now, a secondary infection after the flu. I will hit the doc's office on Monday, if not sooner.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #1826
Executive Chef

oh yuck sparrowgrass. I hope you feel better soon.

dh feels like he is coming down with something and I am keeping him filled with hot tomato juice and echineacia (sp?) tincture. He really likes the whiskey, er, tincture!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #1827
Master Chef

There is a poor dog running around trying to find somewhere to hide from the storms. ARGH, that make my heart break. I tried to get her/him to come into the storage gate, could hid under one of the RV's or something, but, it was scared of me.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #1828
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, tg. are you sure it's running from the storms?

(woof, hey, stop following me lady!)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #1829
Master Chef

Quote:
Dear Flu:

Thanks.
I know how you feel. Everybody got flu shots here but me (I can't get em), but we have all been taking turns being sick for the last three months. Any given day someone here is sick. Right now it is my son and youngest daughter, while DW is just recovering from a bad chest cold and horrible coughing.
Meanwhile I have had chest pains for the last three days and it is really getting to be annoying and is slowing me way down on getting things done around the house.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #1830
Chef Extraordinaire

double dang and heck..picked up a new solution to try for pd to help relieve some swelling and it has no sugar so BG's will be great..got it home, got it warmed, the center closed for the weekend, guess what folks, no tubing so i can't use the blasted stuff...Now I have to wait til monday to give it a try, the whole box load was without tubes!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH am I ticked? nah, I love doing two extra fills and going to bed at 3:00 this morning..it was fun!
kadesma