Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Once in a while DH picks on me and nags me because of something at work. I know it's not me because what he is b####ing about is nothing until I get him to tell me whats going on. I on the other hand will talk about whats bugging me and maybe go into a crying jag. I unload on him but it's all about what is upsetting me I do not try to pick a fight thats ridiculous

Oh, I don't agree with doing that either. When I get stupid with James, it is usually over something he did, but I blow it up into unreasonable proportions.

However, sometimes I do get upset, and he thinks I am mad at him. I'll tell him, "I'm not mad at you! I'm mad at myself and you just got in the way!" (of my yelling or venting, that is).

:huh:Barbara

I just need to sound off - I'm so fed up with being moaned at, shouted at and treated though things going wrong in our house. Today, someone really annoyed DW at work and I got the brunt of her reaction down the phone whilst I was trying to cook dinner for the boys. She was being so mad, angry and cross and I got it. She just seems to being ratty everyday and if I say anything - I get it in spades.
It's the stress from all a working mom has to do. You're already a big help by cooking dinner for the kids. Let her have a peaceful moment when she gets home. Maybe that'll calm her down.

Stress is a hard thing to deal with at times - that's for sure. I suppose I didn't love my husband enough because I wouldn't put up with him taking his frustrations out on me any longer, I couldn't listen to anymore. I have heard the saying that we hurt the ones most that we love the most, but I just feel a little differently about that. I will not get into any arguments again with anyone, my physical being and peace of mind, and my childrens, are far more important than to be the one that gets the brunt of the frustration and stress. Just my opinion. :)
As for a camera being set up on your desk and monitor all day at work - I suppose this will be a solid record of you doing your work as it should be done - and the boss' mother will have to account for the bills and such not being at your desk on the days they should be - and her messing up the set schedule of things that have always been. Maybe once it's known that you are doing your work and she's messing things up - the camera will eventually disappear. :)

I just need to sound off - I'm so fed up with being moaned at, shouted at and treated though things going wrong in our house. Today, someone really annoyed DW at work and I got the brunt of her reaction down the phone whilst I was trying to cook dinner for the boys. She was being so mad, angry and cross and I got it. She just seems to being ratty everyday and if I say anything - I get it in spades.
I'm sorry your wife is having a stressful time at work and you are the way she blows off steam. But I think PDSwife has it right - it's because she is absolutely secure in your love and commitment to her so it's safe to vent on you. Quite a compliment, if you think about it, but not easy to be the recipient of. If it doesn't happen too often, I would suggest you just ignore it and vent here a little yourself. (That's what friends are for!:)) If it becomes a regular pattern of behavior, it's time to talk and/or maybe seek a little counselling so she can get some tools for handling her occasional stress in a different way that doesn't involve dumping it on you. But for what it's worth, I think you're a lovely husband and a prince for trying to sort this out rather than re-acting in a not-so-good way!

I understand, but, really don't like being the brunt of what hapens at work. I am trying my best to deal with it, because, I do it too. I think a lot of folks do.

DW is a paralegal, that environment goes from happy to high stress in a heartbeat. I am a self employed computer consultant, and therefore, at fault for all computer failures.

Our best hope would be if we could form an alliance between ourselves to shut out the work world at home. We are working at it.

It's hard enough that we, or any other couple, do not always agree at home.

Another subject, not necessarily a vent, but it would be better to get it said and go on.

I get up early and usually make lunch for DW, and pack a breakfast and lunch for me. I worked all weekend, 12 hour days, that was great, with the current economy, to get that many hours is blessing. I did not get to shop pr make bread. I figgured I's be OK, I had some lunchmeat from last week and I got milk and OJ, which I pack for B'Fast.

I got up and found the bread had gone bad. No lunch for me, no point in packing just B'Fast. DW gets soup, home made and frozen and fresh made fruited Yogurt. She's OK.

Went to catch the train. Heard an announcement that it would be 20 minutes late. After it was 30 minutes late, a bus showed up and took us to the next station down the line. I do not nkow what that did, except put us outside on a cold (30 degree) windy platfomr. Our regular train finally showed up and took us to the city. The conductot told us that a Northbound train had hit a car and that stopped the trains for an hour. Why the bus, who knows.

Well a little varitey for a Monday.

scarf?

Okay, so I have been very very sick with some kind of virus. Not sleeping, coughing when I do lay down, constant battle. of course drinking water and going to bathroom like I am dried up. don't know what all this is about? Anyway, HAVE to take brother to doctor visit. He doesn't want to pass it up. No matter what. Not only do I take him, I HAVE to wear a scarf around my mouth. He said do it in Japan all the time. He doesn't want to get it and doesn't want me to give it to someone else? I got it from someone didn't I? If they were wearing scarf or not I don't know if it would have helped. I have to go to the store for him and the bank. Can you believe what I day I will have? It will wear me out just explaining to people about the get up. Probably think Halloween. You think he would do all this for me? I got feelings too you know. I am praying he doesn't get it. Been sick over week. My work is never going to get caught up. Wonder where I got it? Hope you all stay healthy. OH, chicken soup doesn't help.

sounds like you need to take a rehydrant ITK........has salts in i to help you retain water........ask your pharmacist or chemist what they recommend.........by the way secretions and sneezing can affect people within one meter of you.......take a yardstick and do a revolution......that's who is infecting you......so on a plane that's about 10 people or a busy mall or a Mcdonald's..............

I think a surgical face mask might be better, ITK. You can buy them by the box at a pharmacy. Yes, it really does help you keep from spreading many viruses.

But the best thing would be for your brother to re-schedule or take the bus or a cab. You should be at home taking care of yourself until you're truly well, my friend. I look forward to reading your posts and I know everyone else does so we don't want anything to happen to you!

Okay, so I have been very very sick with some kind of virus. Not sleeping, coughing when I do lay down, constant battle. of course drinking water and going to bathroom like I am dried up. don't know what all this is about? Anyway, HAVE to take brother to doctor visit. He doesn't want to pass it up. No matter what. Not only do I take him, I HAVE to wear a scarf around my mouth. He said do it in Japan all the time. He doesn't want to get it and doesn't want me to give it to someone else? I got it from someone didn't I? If they were wearing scarf or not I don't know if it would have helped. I have to go to the store for him and the bank. Can you believe what I day I will have? It will wear me out just explaining to people about the get up. Probably think Halloween. You think he would do all this for me? I got feelings too you know. I am praying he doesn't get it. Been sick over week. My work is never going to get caught up. Wonder where I got it? Hope you all stay healthy. OH, chicken soup doesn't help.

i think your brother is taking advantage of you. just tell him no! if you have what i had, you are to sick to do anything. i could barely make it to my doctor for myself. also had to take antibiotic, maybe u should check with doctor. also got a pill for the cough. the coughing just wore me out. so i know how you feel. be a little caring of yourself for a change:cool:

ITK,
Oh I hope it's nothing serious. Make sure you get checked by a doctor right away.

I've been struggling with eczema for 3 weeks and I hate it. It came back just when I got more stress in my life...or more allergens like our new puppy. I'm so fed up with this skin disorder. I'm applying a petroleum jelly, benadryl gel and a topical medicated cream for dermatitis but the waiting for it to dry up and heal up is so long. It's been hot down here and can't wear any shorts cause it's all over my lower legs and on my arms. Argh!

Dina, years ago I got a very bad case of housewifes's eczema from soap products on my hands ...they were dry, itchy, cracking and bleeding.........doc put me under a UV lamp and then gave me some cream that began with a V.........cleared it right up......he told me not to wash my hands in hot water or sudsy water unless I wore gloves......I imagine that you are having a reaction to the soap products that you are using .......ask you pharmacist what's a mild soap to use......I also had it on my scalp and was actually bleeding it was so bad.........Neurogena's TGel extra-strenghth shampoo was the only thing that worked......still does.........smells terrible cause it contains coal tar but it works.......hope you feel better......eczema is terrible to have

Thanks for the tips ExPat. I have changed my shampoo and dishwashing soap in the last month so I'm sure it has to do with it. I've gone back to what I used before and have kept applying the medicated cream Kenacomb. The arms are healed and the legs are clearing up slowly. At least there's no more swelling, burning or itching.
Blah!

can I vent about all my appliances going on the blink within one week of each other? First my double oven said see-ya then the fridge not wanting the oven to be lonely started smoking, okay then my dishwasher stopped working. After a week of washing dishes by hand the dishwasher started working I do not know how or why. So now I am reduced to a toaster oven, a very small fridge and a microwave. oh and 2 bread machines. Craigslist is looking very promising. Thank you I needed to get that off my chest. traitorous appliances

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom