"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #1831
Master Chef

OH NO!
I'm so sorry kads!!

Old 02-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #1832
Chef Extraordinaire

I just knew you'd make me feel better..Thanks Stacy..
love ya,
kades

Old 02-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #1833
Executive Chef

I'm so sorry, CJ. I guess it's no salt and limited fluids for you this weekend. Call those babies over to help you keep your mind off of it!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #1834
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Sorry Kades.

I'm ticked myself. I've been suffering with allergies for too long now. Watery eyes, headache, pressure on my ears and all that cr-p! On top of it I have racoon eyes from the darkness under my eyes. I feel and look hideous! I've been taking Benadryl at night and Claritin gives me the jitters. I don't know what else to take that can help me and won't cause me to pull my hair out. Sigh.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #1835
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I'm ticked myself. I've been suffering with allergies for too long now. Watery eyes, headache, pressure on my ears and all that cr-p! On top of it I have racoon eyes from the darkness under my eyes. I feel and look hideous! I've been taking Benadryl at night and Claritin gives me the jitters. I don't know what else to take that can help me and won't cause me to pull my hair out. Sigh.
Is it mountain cedar, Dina? We've had so much trouble with that in San Antonio this year.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #1836
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
It's more pollen and dust than anything else for me. Yesterday I dusted some rugs and I started feeling worse. I told DH I needed a maid to do it all for me to keep me away from dust and he just laughed. Argh...I will have to get my air ducts thoroughly cleaned and get a vacuum cleaner that takes away allergens and dust mites. I will be okay. These symptoms really cause me to be a real whiner.

To top it off I just read this from Good Morning America: " Antioxidant Fruits and Vegetables: Grape seed extract, which can be found in vitamin or health food stores, has been shown effective. But in your own refrigerator, apples, bananas and onions have anti-inflammatory properties and help to build up your immune system.
Some foods, including apples in some people, cross-react with tree pollen and will cause allergy symptoms. Some of those foods include pears, kiwi, cherries, peaches, nectarines, celery, carrots, parsley, peppers and nuts like hazlenuts, walnuts, and almonds."

I will shrivel if I have to stay away from fruit and nuts!!! ARGH!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #1837
Executive Chef

Quote:
It's more pollen and dust than anything else for me. Yesterday I dusted some rugs and I started feeling worse. I told DH I needed a maid to do it all for me to keep me away from dust and he just laughed. Argh...I will have to get my air ducts thoroughly cleaned and get a vacuum cleaner that takes away allergens and dust mites.
It's true, Dina. Housework kills.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #1838
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Sorry Kades.

Dina,
hubby asked if your taking Claritin-D if so that can make you jittery..Plain Claritin shouldn't..Most OTC meds have loratadine which causes you to be jittery..
Wish I could be of more help..Does the benadryl help? If so I'd continue with it. the drowsiness will go away after about a week of use. Feel better, allergies are the pits.
kadesma
Old 02-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #1839
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
I'm so sorry, CJ. I guess it's no salt and limited fluids for you this weekend. Call those babies over to help you keep your mind off of it!
I'll be fine, so far no limits on anything..I limit myself on salt, don't need it since I found fresh cracked pepper..use it on almost everything so I've been lucky..no restrictions ..
kades
Old 02-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #1840
Executive Chef

I chipped a corner of my front tooth so I have to go to the dentist and I hate it. I have an almost irrational fear of the dentist (and the bill) so I haven't been in a while. That means I'm going to have to have all the stuff fixed that I've been avoiding. Soooo, I'll be MIA on Wednesday while I go to Mexico and get my teeth fixed. (I think 9am is too early to show up drunk so I guess I'll have to do this sober.)