"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #1841
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
I chipped a corner of my front tooth so I have to go to the dentist and I hate it. I have an almost irrational fear of the dentist (and the bill) so I haven't been in a while. That means I'm going to have to have all the stuff fixed that I've been avoiding. Soooo, I'll be MIA on Wednesday while I go to Mexico and get my teeth fixed. (I think 9am is too early to show up drunk so I guess I'll have to do this sober.)
I don't like dentist either, and yes, 9am is too early

Old 02-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #1842
Cook

I'm ticked myself. I've been suffering with allergies for too long now. Watery eyes, headache, pressure on my ears and all that cr-p! On top of it I have racoon eyes from the darkness under my eyes. I feel and look hideous! I've been taking Benadryl at night and Claritin gives me the jitters. I don't know what else to take that can help me and won't cause me to pull my hair out. Sigh."

Dina have you tried Zyrtec? It used to be prescription but it is now over the counter. I had a full body rash last year that was so itchy I cried every night. literally. I tried a million things and zyrtec worked like a miracle drug. Check it out it is for all types of allergies.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #1843
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I don't like dentist either, and yes, 9am is too early
Really, I don't even drink but since one of my sons is going with me (to make sure I actually go in), I would probably do it if I thought I could get away with it! I don't know what it is but just thinking about dental work makes me get dizzy and sweaty.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #1844
Master Chef

DH!!! Should be jerk husband not dear!!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #1845
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
DH!!! Should be jerk husband not dear!!
Oooooh no, TG. You can't just tease us like that without providing the details. Spill it!
Old 02-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #1846
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
TG are you having another bad day>??? Hope it gets better SOON!
Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #1847
Master Chef

It's my fault too, he just made me so angry. I faked a customer coming in or I would have hung up on him.
Due to all the things going on right now, us,ds's, I am about to overdraft my account for the first time and he doesn't know this, but, asked me how much we have in the bank, I told him that I wasn't sure, although I was. He told me I need to write things down in the check book, a little too obnoxiously, and I do, seriously, but, I ran out of room and can't find another check log, so, I look up my account almost daily and mark on my carbon copies that have cleared and mark on a sheet of paper the debits I have from my card, well, he told me that I keep money like my son and I'm going to put us in debt, just like ds did.
I don't see him doing ANY shopping, paying bills or keeping up with the dang bank account!!
If my sons would get there #$%@ together, I would have some money back in the bank!!! It's partly their fault and I can't say a anything. I guess I need to stop caring, but, I just can't. I have always done without so that they didn't. Now I can't even go to the doctor because of it!!
I'm sorry, you asked, now, don't you wish you hadn't.
When in the H#ll is it going to be my turn.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #1848
Executive Chef

Oh, Stacy, I'm so sorry. I know how terrible this is. I think money issues and parenting issues are 2 of the things that couples fight about most and you're dealing with both right now.

Guys seem to react so intensely to money problems, I think because they feel like it's their job to see that the family has enough and when things run lean, they feel like failures. Women seem to react intensely over parenting issues because h***, we gave birth to the kids! We feel responsible and yet protective when our kids screw up.

None of that helps you right now except that it might give you a little comfort that you are not the only ones with these issues. Remember that this too shall pass and that we all get by with a little help from our friends.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #1849
Chef Extraordinaire

ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Really, I don't even drink but since one of my sons is going with me (to make sure I actually go in), I would probably do it if I thought I could get away with it! I don't know what it is but just thinking about dental work makes me get dizzy and sweaty.
me too, now i have false teeth, they suck big time. never have fit well.
i was know to leave dentist office if they kept me waiting. i should have waited. hang in mom , u will be glad in the long run.

babe
Old 02-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #1850
Master Chef

DVD not captioned

I bought a dvd movie that is supposed to be closed captioned, it had the cc on the box . I put it in the dvd player and movie started, no captioning.
I cannot watch a movie without closed captioning, being deaf. I had bought it at Sam's Club and I don't know if they will accept returns of opened dvd box. The movie didn't even have the interaction menu , some dvd have them, that one can go to the Language and select subtitle . It really aggravates me when I can't see a movie I bought!