"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #1871
Master Chef

Test came back negative. I asked if that meant there was nothing wrong and she said no it just meant that whatever happened Saturday did not cause any damage and the heart is pumping fine.
So now I am supposed to call the Cardiology Dep. tomorrow to make an appointment and we go from there.
Very frustrating.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #1872
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Yea those would be cool to see.

Not to get too far into it, but I was diagnosed with Major Depression, PTSD, and Panic Disorder in 03. We have tried pretty much every drug available with no success, and my last hospitalization in Jan 07 they tried ECT with no success. That is not to say we have tried every drug out there, just those available under Medicaid.
The Depression and Diabetes feed each other, which is the real source of the problem for me.

i am so sorry that you have such a hard time. i know how it feels. after my husband was murdered in 96 i too was diagnosed with depress and pstd, which included panic attacks. it took my shrink three years to find a combo that worked for me. still each year , when the date of the murder and subsquent trial come around, i really have a hard time. hang in , i was on medical so know how that goes. for a while victim witness fund payed for it. now i have insurance. i don't see a shrink anymore, had enough of them. i am shrinked out. it is what it is. my family dr. writes script for the drugs. i hope that you can find meds that help.

babe for your

Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #1873
Chef Extraordinaire

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095 View Post
seems the Ignore User button here doesn`t work Quite well as it should :(

Most Irritating!
not sure what u mean. please explain

babe
Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #1874
Master Chef

I am very sorry for what happened to you, I can't imagine what it must be like.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #1875
Master Chef

Wow I killed the thread... sorry.
Anyway, I debated updating but decided oh well. So here is the story:
I went back to the ER on Wednesday evening. They did another EKG and said it was similar to the last one. I said, so run another test, you cant tell me that after ten years in med school they only taught you one test. So he ran an enzyme test and came back and told me I had indeed had a heart attack. Two of em.
So they admitted me around 3am. Told me at 7am they would give me that angiogram thing to take a look around and maybe correct any minor problems they find by doing an angioplast.
So 4pm rolls by and they finally give me the test, and I am starved as they have not let me eat or drink anything all day. After the test they tell me I have to have open heart surgery, triple bypass. Angioplast and balloons wont work.
Uggg. So later that night they take me down for another test to check the arteries in my neck. Then they leave me in the hallway for an hour and a half before someone comes gets me. Later that day I go down for a breathing test, only the machine is broke so back up I come.
I spent most of today getting blood samples taken and letting every tom dick and harry listen to my heart. I feel like a freak show here, they keep parading doctors by to do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.
And then, DW disappears for most of the day. She was supposed to drop off the kids at 10:30 at the deacons house, but didn't show until 3:30. She claims she was running 2 hours late from the house, and then got held up at the deacons house talking to the wife for a couple of hours. She was dressed up so I think she went on a couple of appointments for clients and won't admit it. Either that or somewhere else but I won't go there right now...
So now I am just hanging out here waiting for the surgery, which is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. They said it should take about 4 hours with another 12 in the ICU and then 3 more days in the hospital before I can go home.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #1876
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Buddy, I am praying for you as you go through this. I know this last week has been a real roller coaster ride for you, both physically and emotionally. Know that I, and your other DC family members, are there with you through this, lifting you up and trusting that all will turn out well. Take care of yourself and think of your health first, but when you have the chance, let us know that you are okay.

Barbara
Old 02-24-2008, 01:13 AM   #1877
DC's Angel

Buddy, My prayers are with you. Be well and prosper.

Buck.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #1878
Chef Extraordinaire

Take care Maverick,
sending you good thoughts, prayers and wishing you peace..Get well and know we all are pulling for you.
kadesma
Old 02-24-2008, 03:07 AM   #1879
Executive Chef

Thank goodness they found the problem when they did Buddy! Better the bypass then a massive heart attack! I am terribly glad you perservered in getting answers. Good for you! You must be rather nervous but don't be. Just lie back and soak up all the attention. I am sure you will breeze through it. Thinking of you and wishing you well.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:43 AM   #1880
Master Chef

10 years ago I had chest pains ( and not severe either) due to stress (my father was dying) and the ER refused to let me go home though they did the EKG, the enzyme tests, chest x-rays, and placed a tablet under my tongue (to see if it was angina)---all came back normal but they still kept me overnight for observation. Of course, I wasn't on Medicare or Medicaid, either. They released me with a prescription for anxiety which really helped a lot. Then I drove home and saw my dad for the last time. Center on yourself now, Mav, and don't worry about what your wife is up to or not. YOu don't need anymore added stress caused by things that you can't control right now. Focus on getting well for the time being and of course the doctors are probably going to want you to make some lifestyle changes, too. Best of luck and I know that you'll be in everyone's thoughts.