"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #1901
Master Chef

Our neighbors son is like this. He is now 23, soon to be 24 and has not held a job in his life longer than two weeks. He finished high school just before his 21st birthday. His mom pays for his car insurance, gas, and money to go out with his girlfriends; and when his mom doesn't have money the girlfriends pay.
Now the mom is moving down to NC to be with her husband stationed in the Army there and letting him and his sister live in the house. That is just a disaster waiting to happen. If it snows they don't shovel, and I have never seen either one of them use a lawn mower or ever help clean the house. The daughter is 20 and is supposed to be in school but still has not re-enrolled yet.
She needed to practice some tough love and never did. Her DH tried to but she would not let him, and now it has gotten to this. Unless they are given a reason to get up and get out, they won't see why they should. You have to take away their comfort zone so they can go out and create their own.
I wish all the best for you.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #1902
Cook

Maverick,
I just read what you have been going through the past couple of days. I just recently had to stay in the hospital with my roomate who had some seizures. the worst part was the waiting game we had to play. I hope that everything goes well with you and I wish a speedy and healthful recovery!!!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #1903
Master Chef

I wish you full and imidiate recovery, and hope that surgery goess really well.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #1904
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
small potatoes next to the above vents but,

DANG IT, vacation is over,
I have a bladder infection
and
I
have
to
go
back
to
WORK
today.... ugh!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #1905
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
small potatoes next to the above vents...
If you leave your potatoes near the vents, they might spoil! LOL

Seriously, I hope your bladder infection clears up very fast. It's hard going back to work after such a great vacation!

Barbara
Old 02-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #1906
Assistant Cook

Sometimes it is better to just walk away.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #1907
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwellbeing View Post
Sometimes it is better to just walk away.
Walk away from what?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #1908
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
small potatoes next to the above vents but,

DANG IT, vacation is over,
I have a bladder infection
and
I
have
to
go
back
to
WORK
today.... ugh!!!
My deepest sympathies for you, pdswife---I'm a veteran of many and they are no fun and very painful. If you haven't already visit your health food store and get some cranberry pills (not juice) and some lactobacillus capsules which is found in natural yogurt and both will really help fight the bacteria and future bacteria that cause the infections. Cranberries help in that they make it difficult for the bacteria to adhere to the lining of the bladder and the lactobacillus (not quite sure exactly) helps adjust the ph to also inhibit bacteria growth. They really have helped me and maybe they will help you, too. My 22 year old daughter is quite upset with the genes that have been passed on because she has been on 4 different antibiotics to try and rid herself of her current infection. She went and bought the cranberry and lactobacillus and has been on them for a week along with her current antibiotic. We're keeping our fingers crossed that she'll finally be rid of it. Hope that you do, too. Drink LOTS of water!!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #1909
Master Chef

Ladies let me tell you, nothing like a blader infection in man, especially when one lives in Soviet Union. I am not going to go into details of treatment, I would not want anybody to faint.

PDS I hope you'll feel better very soon.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #1910
Master Chef

PDS, AZO standard is a good pain relief. It's over the counter. Just be careful, LOL, turns everything orange. But the relief is soo wonderful!!