"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #1911
Master Chef

I wished that AZO would have worked for me, texasgirl, but mine went beyond that kind of pain---more info than you want to know--but the worst one was when my DH had to practically carry me into the exam room after a painful 3 hour wait in the emergency room and I handed a cup of blood to the nurse as my urine specimen---even she raised her eyes---never want to go thru that again.

And yes, CharlieD, after being over here for awhile, I can just imagine what horrors you must have put up with and the care here is pretty decent though I had to have stitches removed in the UK recently (cut my finger on a knife here in K and had 3 stitches put in) and the nurse told me that he hadn't seen that kind of suture material in YEARS! Oh, well, it did the job and my finger is still intact! :)

Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #1912
Master Chef

Imagine that was some 20 years ago. Before all the good things happened.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #1913
Master Chef

No, I can't---I really can't imagine 20 years ago---you're a survivor, thank goodness!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #1914
Master Chef

Thank G-d indeed. How are you doing there anyway? or are you home now?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #1915
Master Chef

I'm happily in my Kazak "dom"--all is well----just read a great book about Kazakhstan written by a Brit---luckily no more bladder infections for many, many years--can't imagine what you must have endured because the book dealt with the Soviet's treatment of K. as a huge dumping ground for ethnic groups that they didn't want, their complete disregard for theenvironmental impact of pollution, radiation contamination, the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people, etc., etc.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #1916
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
PDS, AZO standard is a good pain relief. It's over the counter. Just be careful, LOL, turns everything orange. But the relief is soo wonderful!!

lol.. and it's not even a pretty shade of orange.
BUT, it does help.

Thanks everyone.
Started on the anti-b's today. So tomorrow is looking
happier.

smiles, T
Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #1917
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
... complete disregard for ... people, etc., etc.
Soviets had "disregarded" prety much anything and everything exept Moscow. Not as bas as far regions, but still it was terible then, it is not much better now. I just found that one of my friends was killed by a gang of a crucked police (militcia) men.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #1918
Everymom

Just a quick note on the cranberry and lactobacillus thing. The cranberries change the PH levels which make the place inhospitable for the bacteria to thrive in. (cranberry juice works too but it has sugar so its not AS effective as the pills) The Lactobacillus is a bacteria that is normally found in our bodies. When you are on antibiotics they kill ALL bacteria in our bodies, including the ones we need. So, the lactobacillus capsules put the good stuff back in there to keep us from getting REALLY messed up. (Think yeast infection after the bladder infection. EWWW!)
Old 02-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #1919
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Just a quick note on the cranberry and lactobacillus thing. The cranberries change the PH levels which make the place inhospitable for the bacteria to thrive in. (cranberry juice works too but it has sugar so its not AS effective as the pills) The Lactobacillus is a bacteria that is normally found in our bodies. When you are on antibiotics they kill ALL bacteria in our bodies, including the ones we need. So, the lactobacillus capsules put the good stuff back in there to keep us from getting REALLY messed up. (Think yeast infection after the bladder infection. EWWW!)
Wow, Dr. Alix, thanks for the info
Thankfully, never had to deal with the latter problem.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #1920
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Alix--Thanks for a better explanation than mine---I really couldn't remember why the lactobacillus worked but it does and that makes sense about what happens when you take antibiotics. I haven't had a bladder infection in over 20 years because as soon as I fear that one is starting I begin my cranberry pills, lactobacillus and tons of water regimen and so far I've been able to ward off one.