Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Another vent is that I am new to this website and am having a hard time finding where to ask such questions.
As you can see from Laurie's response, we have a lot of very helpful people here! Spend a little time looking over the index. You will see that we have a forum for poultry, and we also have one on food safety.

...I'm done now, I just need to get this off my chest before tomorrow. I will get through this and try my best to enjoy the day.

Barb
Ouch, on all accounts! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Take care of that foot, even if it means making them take you out for Thanksgiving dinner this year! Or you could plunk yourself into your favorite chair, put your foot up, and pass out some aprons and recipes!

I have been pretty ill the last 3-4 days and now at least the pain is gone..It was so bad that pin meds didn't touch it. Now I need to get stuffing made and cranberry sauce..DH Is going shopping for me now and in the last 15 minutes he has asked me at least 30 questions, what size garbanzo beans, what brand, do you want canned cranberries,? Nope get the fresh so I can cook them, on and on and on..Right this minute I could just scream..I'm weak as hell and don't even want to do this..Am I being a poop or what? While he is gone I'm going to try and nap for a few minutes...My daughter should be here soon and I know she will help but it will be another round of questions..What I wouldn't give to hide for a week..Thanks for listening guys..hugs,
kades
No you are not being a poop. I'll give you the same advice--sit down and pass out aprons and recipes. You don't feel well, and this year you should sit down and relax (I know, I know!) and let them wait on you for a change.

I have put a message on your user control panel. You will see a link in the top right corner of your screen under "your notifications", or you can link to it in the top blue menu, second in called "User CP".
Thank you for being so helpful Laurie!

:)Barbara

i fell on a sidewalk. ouch!!! my knee smarts!!
i was kinda embarrassed...
I hope you feel better! Did you give that, "I meant to do that" look that we all seem to do when we do things like that? I remember hitting a patch of ice and falling in someone's driveway in Minnesota. I would have preferred sitting there for at least 30 seconds crying and feeling sorry for myself, but of course I got up with that sheepish look on my face, and walked on! :LOL:

I hope you feel better! Did you give that, "I meant to do that" look that we all seem to do when we do things like that? I remember hitting a patch of ice and falling in someone's driveway in Minnesota. I would have preferred sitting there for at least 30 seconds crying and feeling sorry for myself, but of course I got up with that sheepish look on my face, and walked on! :LOL:

i found my way to my feet & could barely look aroud. right on our busiest street, too, where i live. sigh.

argh my cat just knocked over my favorite bowl... it wasnt valueable it was a bright orange vintage pyrex mixing bowl I really liked... this is the third pet victim of my vintage cookware... which is why I buy cheap... Of course it shattered into a million pieces which I thought I got... swept, vaccumed, mopped and still I just found a big chunk in my dogs mouth... he will chew on ANYTHING!

Bummer, Pancho! Ebay has some orange ones, and a few of them are vintage. Affordable, though.

Lee

I have had a weepy day--all my mom wanted to do was sleep during my visit. It is so hard to deal with dementia.
I didn't see this because it switched to another page while I was posting.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. It has to be so hard for you. You have my prayers sweetie.

Barbara

I have seen far to much illness while caring for my parents. My father had such an ugly death--it was so unfair as he was such a kind, generous and giving person. I hated watching him suffer and now, I am watching a different kind of ugly death. 12 years of caregiving is a verylong long.

I have seen far to much illness while caring for my parents. My father had such an ugly death--it was so unfair as he was such a kind, generous and giving person. I hated watching him suffer and now, I am watching a different kind of ugly death. 12 years of caregiving is a verylong long.
PS,
I know your pain..Both my parents are gone now, but it was hard trying to take care of them...Let mom sleep sweetie and just sit and look at her and the peace on her face as she rests..Be glad she isn't suffering as she sleeps. Prayers and good thoughts for you and her.

kadesma

I just had a pretty bad day at work, starting a half hour into it. It didn't really stop until I got home at 7:30. Hopefully tomorrow is better, but I'm skeptical as it seems to be a long term issue.

Its tough Susan... at least your loved ones do have someone there for them. I have watched so many variations of this with my Grandparents generation and see the toll it takes/took on my parents.... It is hard for me to think about them being in that situation because they are still so youthful and are the people I rely on for support. To turn the tables will be a tough one. I hope I am patient as they are. My surviving grandmother basically exerts a reign of terror over her childen totally unintentionally but they all constantly scrable to take care of her every need and she just does not see it. She is the opposite of your situation... she is alert and sharp but physically unable to do things so she is angry and thus mean.

I'm staying with my dad and step mother for Thanksgiving. All the rest of the attendees will be my step mother's family... it is going to be awkward, and I'm afraid I'll screw up my stuffing. I didn't bring enough medication for this!!

I'm staying with my dad and step mother for Thanksgiving. All the rest of the attendees will be my step mother's family... it is going to be awkward, and I'm afraid I'll screw up my stuffing. I didn't bring enough medication for this!!
You could put it in the stuffing! J/K! I hope all goes well!

I have had a weepy day--all my mom wanted to do was sleep during my visit. It is so hard to deal with dementia.

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry! I hate what this does to families. I'll be bringing my mom here for dinner, but she doesn't enjoy it very much any more. She doesn't like being out of her routine at the home. It is so sad!
Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you......

Barb

I just had a pretty bad day at work, starting a half hour into it. It didn't really stop until I got home at 7:30. Hopefully tomorrow is better, but I'm skeptical as it seems to be a long term issue.

Saph, I know you are already at work (and well into your day) today, but when you get this know that I have had you in my thoughts and hoping that things will get easier. Just think of all the good things happening in your life right now and that will help.

wishing you all blessings today. missing my parents and the family we once were... this our "new" normal - spending the day with friends and we are grateful for them. Treasure your precious memories. Today may not be what you wanted it to be, but its what you make of it that counts. (((hugs))) to you all, friends.

And tomorrow - is a new day.

wishing you all blessings today. missing my parents and the family we once were... this our "new" normal - spending the day with friends and we are grateful for them. Treasure your precious memories. Today may not be what you wanted it to be, but its what you make of it that counts. (((hugs))) to you all, friends.

And tomorrow - is a new day.

scoobagirl, I couldn't have said it better! Hugs to you on this Thanksgiving day.

Going to my nieces house, following mapquest directions. One of the main roads that we were suppose to turn at the intersection, did not have signs, so, kept going. Sadly, thank you TXDOT, there was a one vehicle accident one road up, about 7 cop cars, we think maybe it was a chase that ended there. The van was on it's side, tilted just enough that you could see the driver window and the drivers head laying there. He had died. I cannot get that out of my head. I'm so sad to know that this man died like that and on Thanksgiving. My nephew had gone to the store and by the time he saw it, they had cut the top off and there was 2 people draped, so, 2 people died. We had gone about 10 miles before turning around to find my niece's house and they had the road completely shut off then, thankfully. sorry, it's a downer, but, I needed it out. I'm so sad for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom