"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #1931
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I understand your frustration Trish. It looks like my new job will only be 8 hours a week (6 this week because a kid cancelled Wednesday). I have to drive 19 miles each way to get there and back. It wouldn't be worth it except, I enjoy doing it, and it could help to have it as a reference later. I hope you find something with more hours soon. I know what you mean about the ego and rejections! I'm right there with you on that. I hate being interviewed. I seem to forget how to speak English during them and end up speaking some form of almost English-sounding gibberish.

Barbara

Old 03-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #1932
Executive Chef

I have always got my best jobs thrugh temp positions and proving myself. I do not do interviews well. I wish you all the best pdswife and sorry for your position.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #1933
Chef Extraordinaire

more needles in my future.

went to dr. yesterday, blood sugar still running amuck. he put me on a different oral med. and quick acting insulin before meals . still have the shot at night of long acting. so testing five time a day, and stabbing my self with a shot four times a day.

plus he made me wait 15 min to tell me that. bah humbug

sorry just feeling sorry for myself.

babe
Old 03-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #1934
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
went to dr. yesterday, blood sugar still running amuck. he put me on a different oral med. and quick acting insulin before meals . still have the shot at night of long acting. so testing five time a day, and stabbing my self with a shot four times a day.

babe
I'm so sorry to hear this, Babe. I can't even imagine having to take a shot 4 times a day. I think you are justified in feeling sorry for yourself - after reading this I'm never feeling sorry for myself again. I do hope the new med helps you.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #1935
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Sorry to hear that Babe. I take Metformin but am fortunate not to need insulin. And it's okay to feel a little sorry for yourself now and then!

Barbara
Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #1936
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post

babe
I know how you feel. I take Humulog before each meal and Lantus before bed as well. I hate poking myself with those needles each day, plus the 'pen' to get blood for the meter.

A don't you hate that when you are on time for a Dr.'s appointment they are always running late with no apology? But if you are running late they act like you just stopped the world while they all waited on you, then they still make you wait to get in because they weren't ready for you yet anyway!!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:28 AM   #1937
Executive Chef

To PDSWife, Barbarba L and Babetoo - I am sorry to hear of all of your situations. Let's hope things get better for you Barbara L and they give you more hours, that you get another job very quickly PDSWife, and that your BSL's settle down very quickly Babetoo.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #1938
Chef Extraordinaire

I Hate PBS Beg Week

It's going on week 2 in my neck of the woods now, and pre-empting my fave afternoon show. I am heartily sick of having to listen to some earnest type trying to figure how out many different ways they can say "Send more money."

And I DON'T need another stupid tote bag or coffee cup.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #1939
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
It's going on week 2 in my neck of the woods now, and pre-empting my fave afternoon show. I am heartily sick of having to listen to some earnest type trying to figure how out many different ways they can say "Send more money."

And I DON'T need another stupid tote bag or coffee cup.
Same here..That is one of the reasons I gave up on PBS..

kadesma
Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #1940
Chef Extraordinaire

here's an example that will make the blood of Boomers boil. They had some special on last week about music from the 60s, and who performed?

One-hit wonders - Jackie DeShannon and the guy from "My Green Tambourine."

Yeah, I know Janis and Jimi are gone, but come on - they're not all dead yet!!!!!