Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
texasgirl, I am so sorry. I have driven up on fatal accidents and the images haunt you for awhile. It is so tragic. (((hugs))) Its good to get it off your chest.

Texagirl, I feel for your pain right now. The other day I was leaving physio, which is in the hospital, and to get to where my ride picks me up I have to go down this ramp and on it is a door that on the outside says "coroner's entrance". In the 8 weeks I have been going there I have gotten an eerie feeling about the door but didn't think much of it. Until Tuesday, when a man in a dark suit was wheeling the stretcher to the door with a large maroon bag on it. I knew what was inside, and like you I just felt very sad. It bothered me all day and when DH got home from work that nigh I had to tell him and I cried.

I am really glad you shared and I am sending big {{{hugs}}} to you. Try to focus on the fact you were with family today. You are loved by them and you are loved by all of us here.

That must have been hard, Stacy. I'm sorry you had to see it. I saw many things when I drove back and forth between here and Montreal last winter, once the roads were awful (many times they were, but this time...) and a vehicle had slipped off the highway into the middle and flipped several times.. that is enough to scare the bejesus out of you while you are driving in bad weather.. also I think it was a family.. I prayed they were all OK.

I also saw a half frozen dead deer on the side of the road once, that was pretty gross...

I still can't get it out of my mind. I am going to try today as it's time to listen to my Christmas music and put up my decorations. Thanks for letting me tell it.

I am so tired of sockpuppets, shenanigans, snarkiness and people who use the Internet as a way to "kick the dog" without having to deal with the real issues and people in their lives that are making them so unhappy. It is so disheartening to see that anonymity gives people the excuse to behave so poorly or to lie.

I am so tired of sockpuppets, shenanigans, snarkiness and people who use the Internet as a way to "kick the dog" without having to deal with the real issues and people in their lives that are making them so unhappy. It is so disheartening to see that anonymity gives people the excuse to behave so poorly or to lie.
:ohmy:WOW, ps, I really hope that you are not having any trouble here. If so, talk to one of the mods. They are so very very helpful!!;)

Stacy, I'm sorry you had to see that, as well. It's not easy.

I know what you mean Susan. Also, a lot of people seem to think that they are just playing a video game rather than realizing that they are dealing with real people. We have been fortunate to have met several of our online friends (including 17 DC members) in person, and I am kind of proud that one of the comments we heard the most is that we are the same in person as we are online. I believe it is important for us all to remember that we are talking to real people, not just video game characters. Truth and respect are important in person and online.

:)Barbara

texasgirl, I am sorry I should have been clearer that my comment had nothing to do with this board but everything to do with why I came over. I still pop over at the old one but I imagine in time, I won't bother anymore. I just hate to lose some of my online friends from there.

texasgirl, I am sorry I should have been clearer that my comment had nothing to do with this board but everything to do with why I came over. I still pop over at the old one but I imagine in time, I won't bother anymore. I just hate to lose some of my online friends from there.

you can always tell them about us, but, make sure they aren't the pains in the rear:LOL:

The one thing I dread about getting with family during the holidays....the giving of the germs!! I am nauseated, bad headache and freezing today. I felt better when I ate something and took an hour nap, or I thought I did, until it showed up again. BLAH!!! I hope it's over quickly, hate being nauseated.

The one thing I dread about getting with family during the holidays....the giving of the germs!! I am nauseated, bad headache and freezing today. I felt better when I ate something and took an hour nap, or I thought I did, until it showed up again. BLAH!!! I hope it's over quickly, hate being nauseated.

I hope you feel better soon. I suffered a terrible reaction to the flu shot this year. It may mean that it is my last one.

((texas girl)) hugs, hope you feel better soon, being sick is the pits. I'm sorry. Wish I could bring you some crackers and sweet tea.

I hope you feel better soon Stacy. You know, don't you, that lots of very strong garlic is the best prevention for getting sick? It doesn't really do anything, but no one will get near you! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara

here's wrapping you in a very warm fuzzy blanket, Stacy, and hoping that you feel better soon.........if it's the flu or a virus of some kind all you can do is treat the symptoms......aspirin for fever and aches or ibuprofen if you can tolerate it......a nice ice pack for the headache does wonders.......bedrest and some mild chicken soup for the nausea......do see the doctor if it gets worse........keep us posted........

Hope you get better soon Stacy. Have a quiet day. We are a bit like that over here DW and I are full of cold and she has nearly lost her voice. Youngest looked like he was coming down with it yesterday.

Miniman, I wish you and your family good health. I hope that everyone who is feeling this cold/flu that is going around feels better soon. Being sick any time is not fun, but specially this time of year when everyone is so busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom