Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I've been gone for a few days and I'm so sorry to hear how many people are getting this flu......I hope you're all on the road to recovery and starting to feel better. Get well texasgirl and miniman and any one else that is feeling under the weather!

Barb

Thank you for your good wishes. I feel better and coped with work today. DW worked from home. She told me she phoned her team leader at one point but before she could speak, had a coughing fit. The team leader said "Hello Debbie" without her talking at all.

This is bad time of year for us, the first without our beloved Sinjin January 14th it will be one year. On top of all this grief our 13 year old who witnessed his little brothers death is having a very hard time, I now have to home school him he is getting counseling but the poor kid is suffering and can sometimes only express it with anger. Sometimes I just want to give up, every day is a trial in itself.

I worked 28 hours in the last 2 days, and have 13 on the schedule for today. Ugh I am soooooooo tired. I must take Friday off. :glare:

This is bad time of year for us, the first without our beloved Sinjin January 14th it will be one year. On top of all this grief our 13 year old who witnessed his little brothers death is having a very hard time, I now have to home school him he is getting counseling but the poor kid is suffering and can sometimes only express it with anger. Sometimes I just want to give up, every day is a trial in itself.
I cannot begin to understand what you have gone through this year, but I can pray for you and your 13-year-old. Take some time now and then to cry and remember Sinjin, but don't give up. Your other son needs you. Be strong for him, but don't hide all your tears and feelings--he needs to know that you are feeling the same things he is feeling. Remember we are here any time you need to vent.

Thank you for sharing your website with us.

:flowers:Barbara

my beautiful tree has been scalped. apparently it belongs to the mobile home park. i had it trimmed by my handyman. in no way was it a problem for anyone. the tree trimmers, butchers, is more like it, whacked it. all the beautiful branches gone. shade value gone. mine was not the only one. what they used as a guide line is really stupid. i am just sick over it and the manager here doesn't seem to care one whit. they cut it yesterday and i am still angry today.

Prayers being sent to you and your family!

I have no idea what you are going through. The pain of what you have lost and now the pain of his brother is suffering. I can only give you prayer and wish you and your little guy peace and love and you are definitely getting that wish from me!!

img_738856_0_751a3cab5003427078e51615e3041021.jpg

Africhef,
My heart goes out to you and your son. I will be praying that you both find inner peace. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Little children are for me what life is about...You and your son will be in my thoughts and prayers..Please know you are deeply loved
kadesma

my beautiful tree has been scalped. apparently it belongs to the mobile home park. i had it trimmed by my handyman. in no way was it a problem for anyone. the tree trimmers, butchers, is more like it, whacked it. all the beautiful branches gone. shade value gone. mine was not the only one. what they used as a guide line is really stupid. i am just sick over it and the manager here doesn't seem to care one whit. they cut it yesterday and i am still angry today.

Babe, I totally understand. DH and I got married under an apple tree which was actually in the next yard, but half of it hung over our fence and we had permission of the owners to have all the apples we wanted. About 3 years after we were married the house was sold and I looked out the kitchen window so find that our beloved (and perfectly healthy) apple tree was gone. They cut it off at the level of our fence leaving a stupid 4 foot stump with no branches. I hope your tree will grow back, though it will take time.

Africhef, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Words escape me and I wish I had some magical soothing balm to heal you and your family. Love is the glue that binds. Keeps those you love and who you love close by.
(((((Africhef)))))
Pie Susan

Thank you guys. Yesterday I removed my son from the school system. We are going to home school him. You should see the relief on his face. He is actually smiling and hugging and kissing me, now that is a lot coming from a macho 13yr old.

Thank you guys. Yesterday I removed my son from the school system. We are going to home school him. You should see the relief on his face. He is actually smiling and hugging and kissing me, now that is a lot coming from a macho 13yr old.

Was your son being tormented? That is what it sounds like anyway. Boys don't tell anyone, just let it fester. Maybe that is where the anger was coming from??

Babe, I totally understand. DH and I got married under an apple tree which was actually in the next yard, but half of it hung over our fence and we had permission of the owners to have all the apples we wanted. About 3 years after we were married the house was sold and I looked out the kitchen window so find that our beloved (and perfectly healthy) apple tree was gone. They cut it off at the level of our fence leaving a stupid 4 foot stump with no branches. I hope your tree will grow back, though it will take time.

oh, Laurie and Babe, doesn't that just make you sick? Where we lived in Cairo there were so few green areas but there was a beautiful tree that reached to the second floor of our apt. building........one afternoon several of us came home at the same time to discover to our horror that the tree was being hacked to pieces.....already half the tree was gone and the guy kept sawing away.......we screamed at him to stop and get out of the tree....luckily one of the wives spoke Arabic and she immediately called a nature activist who lived one building over and she really went after the resident of our apt. building who already had two parking spaces in the garage under the building but he decided to park his Mercedes under that tree and a few leaves fell on it......that's when he hired this guy to hack it down......when we found that out we were ready to tar and leaf him.....he had to pay a fine (a trifle amt to him) as there was an ordinance in place but the beautiful tree was butchered.....made us sick......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom