"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #1981
Master Chef

DW went to work this morning and took my son and the T&C. That leaves me the Voyager and my two daughters. The Voyager had all the seats taken out except drivers and passengers, so I am not going anywhere today!
The fix on the wheel in the dryer didn't take, so I am waiting on a deacon from the church to swing by and help me out with that. DW took the T&C just in case the deacon didn't make it so I wouldn't be tempted to drive out and get a new wheel.
She hung all the clothes on the clothes line today even though there is a chance of rain.
So, I am stuck inside all day under the watchful eye of my eldest daughter, which is fine cause all I want to do is lay down and sleep, but apparently she is under orders to make me stay downstairs and rest but not sleep all day.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #1982
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
So, I am stuck inside all day under the watchful eye of my eldest daughter, which is fine cause all I want to do is lay down and sleep, but apparently she is under orders to make me stay downstairs and rest but not sleep all day.
Sounds to me like the best thing for you is just stay on DC all day. I know it's tough, but think of your health.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #1983
Sous Chef

Oh, poor Buddy. ;( Maybe now you will listen to your Doctor and others when told to rest. REST!! Enjoy the time to be pampered and surf the web!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #1984
Executive Chef

Red face

Quote:
DW went to work this morning and took my son and the T&C. That leaves me the Voyager and my two daughters. The Voyager had all the seats taken out except drivers and passengers, so I am not going anywhere today!
The fix on the wheel in the dryer didn't take, so I am waiting on a deacon from the church to swing by and help me out with that. DW took the T&C just in case the deacon didn't make it so I wouldn't be tempted to drive out and get a new wheel.
She hung all the clothes on the clothes line today even though there is a chance of rain.
I imagine you might be hard pressed to get the rest if you have two little girls to look after!! LOL Sleep!! HaHaHaHa!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #1985
Master Chef

The oldest daughter is 10, the youngest 3. Luckily my oldest likes playing mother sometimes to the youngest so that helps me out. If it was just me and the 3 year old, I think I would end up more stressed than yesterday!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #1986
Sous Chef

Quote:
The oldest daughter is 10, the youngest 3. Luckily my oldest likes playing mother sometimes to the youngest so that helps me out. If it was just me and the 3 year old, I think I would end up more stressed than yesterday!
No doubt about that! You'd be begging to go lift dryer/car parts!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #1987
Master Chef

Quote:
One million karma points to dw!!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #1988
Traveling Welcome Wagon

The girl next to me on my flight from San Diego to Atlanta had the sniffles. Just as we were gathering our stuff to get off, I sneezed. I woke up this morning with a sore throat, and now it feels like it is moving into my lungs. I don't get sick very often, but I went through a couple bad rounds of bronchitis last year, and I don't want to go through it again.

YUCK

Barbara
Old 03-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #1989
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sorry Barbara... don't ya just wish sick people would stay off planes!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #1990
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Sorry Barbara... don't ya just wish sick people would stay off planes!!!
Yes! They need a special "sicko" section! lol

Barbara