Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, BarbaraL. I see my mom every day and tomorrow after her doctor's appointment we shall go out to lunch. I will have to bundle her up as it is suppose to snow.
Susan,
you've mentioned that all the family traditions can't be done now..I know it's hard but, pick one simple one that meant the world to you and your mom and dad..Like this one we do my dad loved making Tom and Jerry's every Christmas Eve, we still do it and raise the cups in honor of the two of them and each of us say's something//Like Hi mom and dad, wish you were here, we miss you , we love you after we drink the Tom and Jerry and it just makes the evening more as it use to be..You could just do one little thing they both loved it will make you feel better, sure a little wet around the eyes but you heart will be full of love and you will be passing a tradition on to you children in memory of grandma and grandpa..
kadesma

A person who I am paying to help me loves to sit in judgment and make me cry. I wish I could get him to stop with the criticism.

This is always a hard time of year. I miss my dad and I can't bring my mom home anymore--so I can't keep any of the old traditions anymore. I try to make new ones but it just is not quite the same.
Why on earth would you let someone treat you that way? He would be seeing the door shut in his face if he treated me like that..Nest time you need something done find someone else to do it for you..Do not allow anyone to treat you this way..The minute he opened his yap I'd ask hi do you need this job? yes..Then do the job and keep you opinions for someone who gives a rip..If you can't, see ya..
Do not become a person who stands for ill treatment..You wouldn't want your child to let herself be treated that way would you? Then don't allow it in your home.
kadesma,

Why on earth would you let someone treat you that way? He would be seeing the door shut in his face if he treated me like that..Nest time you need something done find someone else to do it for you..Do not allow anyone to treat you this way..The minute he opened his yap I'd ask hi do you need this job? yes..Then do the job and keep you opinions for someone who gives a rip..If you can't, see ya..
Do not become a person who stands for ill treatment..You wouldn't want your child to let herself be treated that way would you? Then don't allow it in your home.
kadesma,

:) Kadesma is right you dont have to take that there are plenty of people who would help and not get nasty. I would start looking for a replacement right now. The fact that he makes you cry is abuse and is not to be tolerated on any level his butt needs to go out the the door.

Susan,
you've mentioned that all the family traditions can't be done now..I know it's hard but, pick one simple one that meant the world to you and your mom and dad..Like this one we do my dad loved making Tom and Jerry's every Christmas Eve, we still do it and raise the cups in honor of the two of them and each of us say's something//Like Hi mom and dad, wish you were here, we miss you , we love you after we drink the Tom and Jerry and it just makes the evening more as it use to be..You could just do one little thing they both loved it will make you feel better, sure a little wet around the eyes but you heart will be full of love and you will be passing a tradition on to you children in memory of grandma and grandpa..
kadesma

Usually, I bake. I just have been having a hard time getting around to it this year. By now, I should have my candy made and all I have done is shopped. Tomorrow, I hope to make the Black Forest Truffles. It is my goal. If I get started, then, I shall feel better. And, tomorrow night I have my fondant cake decorating class.

It has been so grey for so long, it feels like Seattle. I am thinking of going to our condo in S. Fla. I think I need a bit of sunshine.

I have been having a blast baking the past few days and getting some form of Christmas into our lives. DH is doing so well at his job and even picked up an extra shift this Thursday. Well, they have a policy that if you are even the least bit sick you don't come in (he works at a group home) and so when he woke up this morning with a cold he called in and sure enough they don't want him so Thursday becomes a make-up shift. Now I have caught it with my depleated immune system (within a couple of hours) and am feeling really awful so I have had to scrap baking and rest.

On top of that I got really bad news about two friends...my friend who found out a couple of months ago that after a year she was cancer free, now has a couple of lesions on her lung and has to wait until February for definite diagnosis. And the little boy I mentioned who had his deformed leg partially amputated developed infection and gangrene and is at this moment in surgery to remove the infection and will be facing further amputation either now or after they have got the problems under control. He is only 4 years old.

I have to say that some of it is selfish (about being sick again) and some of it is because others I know are hurting, but I am a little mad at the world right now...well the outer world, not DC!!

I'm done! My dh and I went away for a couple days to get away from all the chaos. I come home to find out my great-aunt passed away. She was visiting her younger dd in California and passed away. The wake is here tomorrow night and the funeral is Friday. She was 88 yrs. old and did live a good life. May she rest in peace.

Barb

Oh, I'm so sorry!! I'm glad she has a long and full life!! She was well loved by that!
img_748452_0_e420a751fdef2f55e4a5049d83322cae.jpg

I'm tired of being blamed for hubby's mistakes and accidents. He knocked over a plastic container of dry yeast ( 1 lb) and it fell and opened all over the floor. Don't you know it's my fault because I didn't use a better container ?

I'm tired of being blamed for hubby's mistakes and accidents. He knocked over a plastic container of dry yeast ( 1 lb) and it fell and opened all over the floor. Don't you know it's my fault because I didn't use a better container ?

Yeah, it would have been, why did you leave it there, for me. I know where your coming from. Makes you wanna choke them!!!

So sorry for your loss Barb...Prayers for all of you and may you have peace soon

kadesma

I'm done! My dh and I went away for a couple days to get away from all the chaos. I come home to find out my great-aunt passed away. She was visiting her younger dd in California and passed away. The wake is here tomorrow night and the funeral is Friday. She was 88 yrs. old and did live a good life. May she rest in peace.

Barb

My condolences, Barb.

My prayers are going out to you and your family Barb, may you have nothing but smiles in shared memories of your dear loved one!:angel::angel:

:) DH is the same everything is my fault even when it has nothing to do with me especially if he's had a bad day at work. He is getting better because I will ask him " so whats really bugging you? " and when he finally tells me he stops being so irritating.

:) DH is the same everything is my fault even when it has nothing to do with me especially if he's had a bad day at work. He is getting better because I will ask him " so whats really bugging you? " and when he finally tells me he stops being so irritating.

Talking about where the fault lies, jm, I know exactly how you feel----take a nice long brisk walk or a hot bath with a glass of wine and lock the door..really lock the door and turn on some nice music....click your ruby red toenails together and intone deeply.......send him and Toto to Kansas, send him and Toto to Kansas.....:LOL:

here's another true story that explodes the cranial corpuscles......(at least the few I have left)

I haven't truly volcanoed in awhile until now.... so here goes.......true story printed in the Houston Chronicle this morning.........a judge's daughter (Shelton) was illegally over 3 times the alcohol limit and rammed into a truck about a year ago killing her 21 year old boyfriend..........wrecked her Lexus SUV (yes, let's all chorus....."oh, my, how terrible" wait.... we're feeling sorry for her Lexus not the boyfriend as this lawsuit unfolds.........) She did get a heavy slap on the hand of 4 MONTHS in jail and this is for involuntary manslaughter due to her being 3X over the legal limit of being intoxicated.......now most people would be hopping mad at this point....but no, it gets better.......she is now (it's a year later and the statute of limitations is running out) filing a lawsuit)........get this......AGAINST the truck driver that she hit from BEHIND.....no kidding......poor Schmo had no insurance and she (or her lawyer) are filing for damages against him to collect damages incurred to her Lexus SUV.... Yep, nowhere but here..........:mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom