"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Crewsk, we have those too, had them worse when we used wood for the fireplace since they like to hide in the wood. I got bit on my shoulder once and it felt like the sting went all the way to my bone. We had quite a time finding it, but dh knew from my description what had bit me. Glad they aren't like those in Mexico.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Oh goody, a venting thread!! Where do I start? I got up at 6 this morning took the kids to school & was at my parents house to clean by 8. Well, I was digging through my moms box of rags for a dust cloth & got stung by a scorpion. Put some sting stuff on it only to discover that I had just put Icy Hot on it. Got that straightened out & went to clean the bathroom. All was going well until I got ready to mop. Well, I decided to be really nice & scrub the bathroom floor to get up all of mom's hair spray. I stepped in the mop bucket & sent it rolling across the floor. After I got that all cleaned up, the rest of the cleaning went smoothly. After cleaning I went to check on my grandma. She cut her leg Tuesday & had to have 12 stitches put in it. Well, while I was there she decided her bandage needed changing & I had to do it. Oh joy!! I hate the sight of blood!! Now, a gory movies doesn't faze me, but a real live persons blood makes my knees weak. I made it through changing the bandage with only 2 breaks for fresh air. I left my grandmas, went to the grocery store & was home by 12. When I pulled into the subdivision, someone had their van blocking the entrance because they were cutting down trees. It took me 20 minutes to find the back entrance to the subdivision!! Since then, all has gone well. Just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else happens before I go to bed tonight!

Ahhhh..... I feel better now!! Thanks Alix! Oh, I know how it feels to loose it with a sewing machine. I have wanted to toss mine out the window a time or 2.

Wow crewsk. I hope the rest of your day is better!!!!

Old 11-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Me too licia! My parents house is in the woods so they tend to get them pretty often even though they no longer have a wood burning stove.

Here's a couple of links about them for you GB.
http://www.ruralfamilymedicine.org/C...toryapu109.htm

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2508.htm
Old 11-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

Thanks Crewsk. That is very interesting stuff!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks texasgirl!

GB, just reading it gives me the willies!!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
glad we don't have hem suckers up here.
though i DID see one in my house one year
on mother's day. the only way i can possibly
think it got here was that it hitched a ride in
my purse when i worked at a flower shop.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #17
Everymom

Crewsk...make sure it is a MAGNUM bottle! You deserve it.

licia, I think you have every right to be cranky about that. I think I would be sending blistering letters to the manager of the apartment complex, city hall and then every newspaper and TV station who would listen to me. Play up the gramma angle and I bet you will get your money back.

GB, YUCK to the headache! I know just how you feel and I am so sorry you have one! I keep trying different things to get rid of mine, but the only cure is to know what caused it and to fix THAT. I have been drinking LOTS of water when I get one now because I read that if you are properly hydrated your headache will go away faster.

You all have made me feel much better. Thanks for venting with me. Update, I think I have fixed the issue on my machine. I have finished on pair of shorts and they seem to be fine (copying from a hunk of the original shorts, no pattern available) so I will now cut out a couple more pairs.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #18
Sous Chef

Is it safe to come home yet?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken

I just spit diet soda all over my desk!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:29 PM   #20
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken

NO!!!

Sorry about the soda texasgirl.

Closed Thread