"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #191
Traveling Welcome Wagon

This has not been a good day for me. I haven't even had a chance to talk to James about it, and he is here to pick me up now, so I'm about to go cry on his shoulder and pray really hard. I'm very depressed about a situation at work. I feel like packing everything up and moving very far away from here.

Barbara

P.S. If you are on later sis, and you're ready to have your shoulder cried on, or by then be blasted by a major VENT, I'll be on later. Something put in motion by the "Nutt" if you get my meaning.

Old 12-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #192
Master Chef

Oh Barbara, I'm sorry your feeling that way. I hope everything turns around for you! I know James will make you feel better anyway!!
{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Old 12-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #193
Master Chef

Great!! Our boss decided to have our Christmas party tomorrow instead of next week, well, my nephew got my youngest son's name and had me order his gift 2 weeks ago. IT'S NOT HERE!! Our party is at 12 noon and the mail doesn't run here until 3 which the party will be over and everyone gone then!

I will be soooo glad when Christmas is over!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:30 PM   #194
Chef Extraordinaire

Barb,
I know we shouldn't blame the season for all our woes, but, we get so busy preparing and wanting things just so for those we love, that at times things run over us...By now I bet you've talked to James and are feeling a little better...I hope so..Just remember, there are so many of us who love you and want things to be just right for the two of you...Things will clear up and YOU will come out on top...I've had a couple of days when I would gladly have torn down the house and left town for good..Then I looked at my kids and my grandkids and DH and realized..This is where I belong and I love these people, I'll just turn my back on anything unpleasant and if it doesn't go away, I'll work to get rid of it....Just remember any of us would be glad to help you fight the fight...
kadesma
Old 12-15-2005, 09:23 PM   #195
cartwheelmac

Ah! Shoot! I can't karma anymore because I gave out karma to ten people. Shoot!

Cameron

Old 12-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #196
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Then I looked at my kids and my grandkids and DH and realized..This is where I belong and I love these people, I'll just turn my back on anything unpleasant and if it doesn't go away, I'll work to get rid of it....Just remember any of us would be glad to help you fight the fight...
kadesma
Thanks!

Actually, if I pack up and move, James will be going with me, and we will be closer to family--either mine in California or his in Iowa. Neither of us has anyone here (except each other and a great church family and best friend).

As a matter of fact, a few days ago, I was trying to take a nap after work, and I could not get to sleep for an hour. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw a house surrounded by snow and kept getting this weird thought that we should move to Ottumwa (where James was born and raised). I would love nothing more than to be near my family in California, but to be honest, I don't think we could ever afford to live there. Anyway, it's all in God's hands. As long as I am with James, I don't care where I am, but I could really do without these problems at work.

Barbara
Old 12-15-2005, 09:47 PM   #197
cartwheelmac

Well, hope you're feeling better Barbara L.

Cameron

Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #198
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks Cameron. I am feeling better because I know that my boss doesn't control my life. Someone much higher up does. And James is very supportive, so that also makes me feel better.

Barbara

P.S. When I got in the car, James looked at me and asked what was wrong. I started bawling and said, "Can we go to Taco Bell?" I told him my problems, then I said that I needed either 7,000 Taco Supremes or a 5 gallon vat of mashed potatoes and gravy!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #199
cartwheelmac

lol!

Cameron

Old 12-16-2005, 03:43 AM   #200
Executive Chef

Barbara, you've probably discovered this for yourself, but I didn't until after I wasn't working anymore: There is more than one reason you are working where you are. I wish I had known that or had time to think about it when I was working. I always considered myself working just to earn a living and never thought about my influence on those around me. I always tried to be fair and honest about my work, but never saw there was a much deeper reason I was placed where I was. I've tried to use the same principle for wherever I am or go since then. I've noticed that people feel free to approach me and talk, mostly older people. They always seem to feel better after we've talked a bit. I hope your life gets less stressful and you turn your lemons into lemonade.

Closed Thread