Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I get SOOO very angry at stuff like this. Many years ago I witnessed an accident where a motorcyclist passed me on the right, then swerved between me and the car in front, passing him on the left and hit a car turning left from the opposite direction. Normally it would be the car's fault but this kid broke about 4 laws (including speeding and running a light) and the car never had a chance to see him. He was from a well off family and hired one of the most high profiled laywers around at the time who got no less than 7 stays pushing the actual trial back almost 2 years. I had kept a copy of my statement but it was still a long time and even with both my testimony and the other driver in front of me, as well as all the police evidence the kid got off AND succsessfully sued the driver of the car for damages and tarnishing his reputation.

The lawyer turned around every word I said, making it look like I just didn't like motorcycle drivers.

Expat, I don't blame you for being mad but it happens EVERYWHERE!!!!

Hi guys well my year has gone to hell in a hand basket my 11 yr old son was killed in January now I have to fly back to South Africa my mom is critically ill she has been diagnosed Goodpasture syndrome she is 71 and on dialisys and a ventilater [spelling] we were going to go on a holiday as my dh has never met my family now i have to pay 2x the going rate. I am so overwelmed with loss as it it is. Anyway my friends I will talk to you in a month leaving Sunday 21 back jan 21

I'm so sorry africhef, I wish I had something comforting to say.
I can't imagine what you are dealing with right now. Losing a child should not happen to anyone at any age.
You will be in my thoughts.

Some people don't have a sense of humor and like to think the worst of people instead of the best--especially when the person in question is always doing good deeds and helping others. I would like to think that some people earn a little slack every now and then. None of us are perfect.

Hi guys well my year has gone to hell in a hand basket my 11 yr old son was killed in January now I have to fly back to South Africa my mom is critically ill she has been diagnosed Goodpasture syndrome she is 71 and on dialisys and a ventilater [spelling] we were going to go on a holiday as my dh has never met my family now i have to pay 2x the going rate. I am so overwelmed with loss as it it is. Anyway my friends I will talk to you in a month leaving Sunday 21 back jan 21

africhef, prayers for you and family.
LC

You are definately in my prayers Africhef!! Have a safe trip and I hope you return quickly with good news!!
{{{{HUGS}}}}

Your mom and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, my heart is wrapped around all of you...May HE make it easier on all of you

kadesma

Africhef, you know I'm praying for you and your family. There are no words except that I'm here for you and will keep you lifted in prayer.

I missed your post yesterday, add my prayers to the list. I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult and stresssful time. Be sure to take care of yourself as well.

Okay, so we were going to an appetizer party tonight but on the way had to stop in at the place where we will be running the kitchen tomorrow for an outreach banquet. We have been doing this for five years now and the organizers leave everything pretty much up to us because we know how they like it and also how things need to be as it is a cross cultural event.

It is held in a church and the pastor's wive, who won't be there tomorrow, came in and made the people who were decorating the tables redo them HER way. Then she came over to where another lady and I were preparing the buffet lines. I had set a piece of red table cloth on a small table that needed to be where it was for a certain type of food, separate from the other tables. I was just waiting for a cloth tablecloth to put over it and was well aware that the plastic one was ugly, it wouldn't be seen, but was only for protection of the good cloth. She came over, threw the cloth across the room and said that "we don't do tacky here!" Then she proceeded to move all the tables around, getting rid of the little ones and completely changing everything.

The old me would have gotten really angry and blown up. But I am just helping and decided the best thing to do was walk away and let the organizers handle it. Then I told them to leave it, I would put it back tomorrow as I knew what they wanted. Tomorrow I am in charge of the kitchen and will then have the authority I need. But tonight I was just there to make sure of any changes, etc. and decided not to rock any boats.

You don't know how difficult it was for me though to keep quiet when this is what I do for a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the party, well it was great! A lot of really wonderful food and I ate too much!

Okay, so we were going to an appetizer party tonight but on the way had to stop in at the place where we will be running the kitchen tomorrow for an outreach banquet. We have been doing this for five years now and the organizers leave everything pretty much up to us because we know how they like it and also how things need to be as it is a cross cultural event.

It is held in a church and the pastor's wive, who won't be there tomorrow, came in and made the people who were decorating the tables redo them HER way. Then she came over to where another lady and I were preparing the buffet lines. I had set a piece of red table cloth on a small table that needed to be where it was for a certain type of food, separate from the other tables. I was just waiting for a cloth tablecloth to put over it and was well aware that the plastic one was ugly, it wouldn't be seen, but was only for protection of the good cloth. She came over, threw the cloth across the room and said that "we don't do tacky here!" Then she proceeded to move all the tables around, getting rid of the little ones and completely changing everything.

The old me would have gotten really angry and blown up. But I am just helping and decided the best thing to do was walk away and let the organizers handle it. Then I told them to leave it, I would put it back tomorrow as I knew what they wanted. Tomorrow I am in charge of the kitchen and will then have the authority I need. But tonight I was just there to make sure of any changes, etc. and decided not to rock any boats.

You don't know how difficult it was for me though to keep quiet when this is what I do for a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the party, well it was great! A lot of really wonderful food and I ate too much!

when to withhold the sword and when to wield it.......that is the question........I think that you handled it well, Laurie...........don't you just torque when people try to run your business????.........you obviously respect diplomacy so do it your way tomorrow and go to bed knowing that it was a job well-done and you kept quiet when you were ready to.........:LOL::LOL:.....

Only read the last page, so sorry if I have missed anyone's news.

Africhef - so very sorry for your situation. I hope you have a safe trip and that your mother can appreciate Christmas with you by her side. Here's hoping they can stabilise her quickly. I also hope you can endure the loss of your son during this time. Thinking of you and yours.

Laurie - Biting your tongue is soooo hard. Congratulations!! Better woman than me!!

Okay, to everyone that has responded negative or just didn't respond at all.
I asked for addresses to send cards to people I thought were nice and kind on here, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never felt so hurt as to get 2 pm's from people that I thought about and made ME feel as though I were some sick freak for asking. I apologize and I ASSURE you , I will NEVER ask for your info again.
All that you had to do, was ignore the request or send one saying, thank you, but, I don't feel comfortable sharing that info, and I would have been 100% fine with that response. Rude pms were not needed. So, to the ones that I thought were kind on here and wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas and was made to feel so awful for doing so, I apologize for thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom