"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #2021
Sous Chef

DANG!!! I like my house on the hill, overlooking the valley.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #2022
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnT View Post
Katie E, What do you mean? You get sleep now that your kids are out of the house?!? Mine still call when the babies get sick in the middle of the night and I go to them!! I must be doing something wrong!
Mine never call me for that kind of thing. They know that no matter what the problem is, I'm most likely to tell them to try soaking it in a hot bath!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #2023
Sous Chef

Fisher's mom Kid - "Mom the kid's head is on fire."
Fisher's Mom - "Try soaking it in a hot bath"
Old 04-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #2024
Executive Chef

It's true! My oldest sometimes complains to friends that I don't believe in doctors and that her skin is permanently wrinkled from my famous soaks.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #2025
Sous Chef

And this is my oldest daughter the raisen!!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #2026
Executive Chef

OMG Dawn, my daughter would love you! Of course, she may complain but it's my professional opinion that there are very few things a hot bath, a salt water soak, clean sheets and plenty of liquids won't cure.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #2027
Sous Chef

Of course, what's not to love!!! LOL
Old 04-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #2028
Master Chef

y'all are too funny..........but yeah, the scars from their teens do heal and it's so much fun in turn to see them deal with their own kids......overnight you suddenly become intelligent again and a source of infinite wisdom.....and you're right.......I'm just waiting for my granddaughter to enter her teens....my German grandmother believed in warm soaks too usually with a tad of vinegar or baking soda added...she had remedies for everything because she didn't believe in going to the doctor
Old 04-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #2029
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
My kid is driving me crazy. I'm happy that he's not sick anymore and all, but he sure has a way of sapping the energy out of me before normal people are even out of bed. After getting me up at 6 (he usually gets up at 7:30) and begging for food, I took him downstairs for breakfast. Except he refused to eat anything offered to him. Don't ask me why he was begging for food before. After I got him out of his high chair he dug a box of candy out of the diaper bag. Get real kid, like I'm going to give you Nerds when you refused to eat cereal, fruit, yogurt, bread...! Then he decided it would be a really fun game to pull books off the bookshelf one by one. Tell me again why I wanted another one?
Next time tell him or her that you have some delicious food but it's only for big boys and big girls and they unfortunately they CAN"T have any----depending on their age I guarantee you that they will be "DEMANDING" it.....use this technique very sparingly and when on the verge of infanticide and going to jail...my son only ate "Big Boy" peas that we grudgingly allowed him to have though it was "illegal"
Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #2030
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
y'all are too funny..........but yeah, the scars from their teens do heal and it's so much fun in turn to see them deal with their own kids......overnight you suddenly become intelligent again and a source of infinite wisdom.....and you're right.......I'm just waiting for my granddaughter to enter her teens....my German grandmother believed in warm soaks too usually with a tad of vinegar or baking soda added...she had remedies for everything because she didn't believe in going to the doctor
Your grandmother was a very wise woman. I laughed so hard about the big boy peas, too. I thought my little Fisher was the only kid eating "illegal" foods and doing "illegal" chores!!!