"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #2041
Sous Chef

I love it when the surveys call. I like voicing my opinion, plus I did phone surveys one summer to earn money for college. My heart goes out to those poor people!

Old 04-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #2042
Master Chef

I like surveys too and always happy to answer, but I can't stand telemarketers, cause no of them bother to pronounce my name right, so I ususally tell them: "there is nobody by that name".

Old 04-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #2043
Master Chef

If I have the time and the surveys cover areas that I'm intimately involved in I do like to participate and give my opinions. Bank of America (or Nations at the time) called to do a survey. Boy did I have some opinions. Anyway the questions were mundane "How would you rate on a scale on 1-5 the dress of the employees, how would you rate the appearance of the bank's environment, etc. Finally when she finished I commented, "Wow, based on you questions alone Nations looks fantastic but I have a lot of problems with them. Is there somewhere on your questionnaire that I can make reservations about my answers. She most certainly agreed and said "Of course, what are your concerns?". Well, a dam broke forth. For about 6 months our statements were being sent late and we were getting late fees as a result, our prepaid online accounts weren't being taken care of, etc., etc, etc, our credit cards were being denied while we travelled internationally though we had contacted them and the credit card company, I summed it up by saying if you actually asked questions about the heart of how well they are at delivering services-wide they are doing a poor job. She said that she was making note of everything and that it would be passed on to a supervisor. Oh, well, at least I got to vent.......we finally transferred out overseas account to another credit card......
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #2044
Certified Cake Maniac

I don't mind surveys, at least it is a live person you are talking to. It is those blasted recorded messages that really get me. I got a call from our provincial government the other day and a recorded message comes on that says "you have a call from so-and-so from the blah-blah department, will you accept the call from so-and-so?" I say "yes", and wonder if I am getting a collect call. Finally the person comes on the line. Very strange. I can't wait to see my phone bill to see if it really IS collect!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #2045
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
---- Rain----!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #2046
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
---- Rain----!
I totally agree!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #2047
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I keep thinking it's going to stop...but...nope... Rain is in the forecast for all week.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #2048
Chef Extraordinaire

Thumbs down waiting for abel

my handy man has done it again. supposed to be here yesterday to do some work. haven't seen hide nor hair of him.

it makes me so angry, but that is what he does. when he does work for me, he is wonderful. truly a jack of all trades. he likes to do a good job and always does.

so , i guess i will put up with it, so hard to find anyone for little jobs these days.

ok, all vented

babe
Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #2049
Master Chef

I know this is going to sound bad, but:

DW's driving!!!! Literally it takes her ten minutes to change lanes, and what is so wrong with doing the speed limit?? Ten under does not mean ten times safer!

Especially in Chicago where impatient drivers abound and she never fails to have someone pass her just to turn into her lane, slam on the breaks and turn.. which in turn makes her slam on the brakes and then wait five minutes before moving again.

And she is totally convinced that every car and pedestrian within 100ft of her is just waiting for her to come along before pulling out in front of her or walking out in front of her. I watched her today and her foot spent as much time on the brake pedal as the gas pedal, at least now I know why my brakes never last more than 20,000 miles tops even though they are the 40k to 60k brake pads!

Sorry, had to vent, I swear I am gonna have a heart attack one of these days... oh wait.. never mind!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #2050
Chef Extraordinaire

lol... you're poor wife...
You sound just like my husband... he can't stand the way I drive. :(