"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #2051
Certified Cake Maniac

I was at a new physio a few weeks ago about my swollen RIGHT leg. She measured the amount of moment I had in it - the farthest I could straighten it versus the farthest I could bend it - which was not very much, maybe an inch or two difference. Then she looks down her list of questions and asks "can you drive?" Yeah, I'm entered in the next INDY race!!!!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #2052
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I was at a new physio a few weeks ago about my swollen RIGHT leg. She measured the amount of moment I had in it - the farthest I could straighten it versus the farthest I could bend it - which was not very much, maybe an inch or two difference. Then she looks down her list of questions and asks "can you drive?" Yeah, I'm entered in the next INDY race!!!!
And we have our newest NASCAR rookie!!

Did anyone catch the video of the rookie crashing recently?? Guy went tumbling down half the track, cars on fire, he casually gets out and waves to the fans!!

Now that's a Five Star crash rating!

Er, back on topic: Sorry to hear about your leg, and yea sometimes docs ask the silliest questions!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #2053
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks Mav, my leg is actually feeling a little stronger since I got another new physiotherapist who seems to know what he is doing. But I think I will stay away from driving for awhile longer....the world will be a safer place if I do!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 AM   #2054
Master Chef

Mav, I had to laugh at your DW's driving habits----I have a DF (darling friend who must be her twin)......drivers will actually pass her on the right when entering the expressways and she's perplexed as to why...........I said you SHOULD be accelerating as you enter and not crawling---these people don't want to die from a rear end collision---yeah, I have a hotline to heaven and usually take the wheel myself......none of my daughter's sports team wanted to travel in her car because they knew they would be the last to arrive....not only that but I'm now used to cars honking behind us 'cause she takes so long to accelerate when the light changes and I'm now her traffic monitor mainly because I'm impatient----red light turns green--GO! Yet she still manages to get moving violation tickets......don't understand it.....
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 AM   #2055
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Is your friend my mother?!?!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #2056
Executive Chef

After I had my transplant, I wasn't meant to drive for so many weeks - six comes to mind but I could be wrong. My mum had to move in with me as I wasn't meant to be lifting, bending, carrying, blah, blah so she was also meant to be driving. Well after the first two days of mum driving through peak hour traffic into the city, I figured it was safer for me to drive even with the drugs and pain! By the end of the week, I was driving on my own, and got told off by the doctor for doing it but I figured I was going to waste all their handiwork by either dying in a car accident or dying through stress!!! LOL

(Oh and it was only that mum doesn't "do" stress very well. Not that she can't drive. ;-))
Old 04-07-2008, 07:04 AM   #2057
Master Chef

Bilby & SQ---you're too funny and yes, I can certainly relate......believe me and I've only had one moving violation in my life (and I deserved it---9 miles over the limit) but that was 30 years ago-----USAA loves me by the way!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:06 AM   #2058
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
My grandpa (mom's dad, who else) Actually STOPPED and BACKED UP on the freeway once when we visited him in FL, he missed the exit. I can't believe we lived.
My mother stops (almost) at the end of an entrance to the freeway. I don't let her come pick up my kids very often.........
Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #2059
Master Chef

does she live in Houston? If so I've cursed her.............:)
Old 04-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #2060
Certified Cake Maniac

My Grandfather, who I loved dearly, was determined to drive as long as he could. We lived in a small town and he moved in with us after my grandmother passed away. Well, Pop had this huge Fairlane 500 and would drive me down town (a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk) and would literally brake at every intersection....even though he was on the main road and everyone else had a stop sign or light! As soon as I was 16 I got my license and became Pop's official chauffer. Only thing is I hated that car!!!

Closed Thread