Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some kids have absolutely no respect when kids that do hang around them, it seems they lose theirs too. Kids are stupid, period. Until they grow up and learn morals, it's best to let it roll off. I know, it's hard though coming from anyone. I've dealt with the names and comments too. Tell him we love him and a punk is a punk and doesn't matter!!

Someone scared me half to death on the freeway last night in a blizzard, no less. There were no other cars around I was going 65 mph and the car behind me wanted me to either go faster or move over--I didn't think it was safe tgo go faster and I figured he could go around me. Instead, he chose to blind me with his brights to force me over. He startled me and I am lucky that I didn't get in an accident. I looked and moved over but the adrenalin started pumping and the cortisol and I wound up with soreness in my chest and all tensed up. This was after I went for a massage to feel better and to destress after all the problems that I have had to deal with regards to my mom and the plumbing. There are a lot of jerks on the road who don't know how to drive in icy, snowy conditions.

On top of everything else my mom caught somone's cold. She has a bit of a fever and a bad cough and I am very worried about her.

Hate the aggressive drives.... I have to drive in Jersey everyday :rolleyes: LOL!

De-stressing can prove challenging in any case :mad:

best wishes to your mom

It is why I am so stressed out. It is hard enough dealing with dementia let alone all the normal stuff in one's life. I am really fortunate though. I have a roof over my head, it is warm, I now have water and my belly is full. It could be worse but I am scared that one of these bugs will be my mom's last. I have been a caregiver for so long, I don't know what I'll do with myself. I'll probably head south to relax and clear my head for awhile.

It is why I am so stressed out. It is hard enough dealing with dementia let alone all the normal stuff in one's life. I am really fortunate though. I have a roof over my head, it is warm, I now have water and my belly is full. It could be worse but I am scared that one of these bugs will be my mom's last. I have been a caregiver for so long, I don't know what I'll do with myself. I'll probably head south to relax and clear my head for awhile.
hang in sweetie, you are an angel. just take a little care of yourself.

Some kids have absolutely no respect when kids that do hang around them, it seems they lose theirs too. Kids are stupid, period. Until they grow up and learn morals, it's best to let it roll off. I know, it's hard though coming from anyone. I've dealt with the names and comments too. Tell him we love him and a punk is a punk and doesn't matter!!
Thanks everyone. :cool: Yeah, we just walked on as if we didn't hear them (well, James did give the one who said it a "look"). James even prayed for them as we drove home.

:)Barbara

Ah, Susan, I'm so sorry that your mom is sick, and that you are worried. Sounds like you finally have water? I hope so. Stressful days for you lately.

Barbara and James - before we left the US, we had just about atopped going to movie theaters because of the behavior you describe. My daughter managed movie theaters for ten years - she finally quit when her boss would not back her up when she'd kick rowdy teenagers out of the theater. Their parents would come in and complain, make a fuss, and the regional manager would GIVE THEM FREE PASSES. So don't be too hard on the manager - if it's Regal Cinemas, the customer is always right, even if they can't behave themselves.

Thanks BarbaraL and MexicoKaren. I have water but there are a bunch of plumbing issues being worked on and we need to break a wall. At least we are making progress but my mom's fever climbed a bit. Sigh

Ah, Susan, I'm so sorry that your mom is sick, and that you are worried. Sounds like you finally have water? I hope so. Stressful days for you lately.

Barbara and James - before we left the US, we had just about atopped going to movie theaters because of the behavior you describe. My daughter managed movie theaters for ten years - she finally quit when her boss would not back her up when she'd kick rowdy teenagers out of the theater. Their parents would come in and complain, make a fuss, and the regional manager would GIVE THEM FREE PASSES. So don't be too hard on the manager - if it's Regal Cinemas, the customer is always right, even if they can't behave themselves.
It was Regal Cinemas, but actually ours will kick people out if they are a problem--I've seen them do it. In fact, there are police on patrol inside and outside there (at least on weekends, and possibly other days). That night a police officer was standing in front of the theater showing "Notorious" as everyone went in. I didn't have a problem with the manager--as I said to her, there really wasn't anything they could do about them, since they were quiet when she walked through the theater. I think we will stick to weeknights for movies whenever we can!

:)Barbara

i am sure there are others here, that remember when at&t was the only phone company, would those days were here again. i spent three hours and to no avail on phone today trying to get deborah's phone back on. not billing problems but a long drawn out deal trying to get faster internet. she is taking a class on line to try and change her profession. she has dial up with verizon and that is all they can get where she lives. very slow. in any case no phone or internet. the upshot of results is no results. she has to call and open a whole new account and it takes eight days. she will miss to much of class.

and another vent. she signed up for three classes all told. work and school were going to keep her busy. she went yesterday to buy books and can only afford to take two classes the books for three and all the other stuff , came to 600 which she does not have. so she kept internet class which she now can't take. and did take one of the other two. the counselor called her this am and asked why she dropped them when she had a grant, no letter about a grant and no phone call three days ago when deb. had called her. so off to college to straighten it out. no grant, no help counselor was wrong. this world is going to hell in a hand basket because no one talks to each other. and no one checks and double checks their information . gosh i am mad. maybe i will feel better now that i have VENTED

I taught mine to stand up for themselves as much as possible........one girl in the neighborhood taunted my daughter with "Kari the Fairy"........she came home crying as all the kids were laughing............I told her to go back outside and call her "Annie the Bananie" (I know.......childish but we're dealing with children here) she did and she told me later after the kids laughed at Annie and that she stopped taunting her immediately.....she was beaming................she later became a great debater both in high school and college.......noone crossed her verbally

as to why they do it.......it's a sense of power esp. if the victim cries.........if it's a child larger than them then you go talk to the parents......believe me I know how you feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom