"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #2081
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Sometimes you have to disable then enable the toolbar so it shows up again, otherwise just re-install it.
Funny thing is it works on Gmail, Facebook and several other ad hoc sites but not on DC or EatingWA but used to on all of them! And the toolbar has no buttons just this strip of icons appear on the screen not where the toolbars are. Norton is not my favourite but seems to be okay otherwise.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #2082
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We went to Taco Bell last night. James passed the food out as he got it out of the bag. Somehow James ended up eating my Taco Supreme (with added guacamole) and I ended up with his plain old taco. I don't care much for their plain tacos. To make matters worse, Cubbie (the dog, for Pete's sake) ended up with my Burrito Supreme (also with added guacamole) and all that was left was Cubbie's beef burrito (no onions). Okay, yes, our dog is disgustingly spoiled, but I was very miffed that James and Cubbie got my food and I got no guacamole!!! James said that from now on I have to take my food out of the bag first!!!

Barbara

Old 04-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #2083
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Barbara, this has happen to us before - , Question - how can one eat another sandwich or taco and not know it ???? Especially if it is different than what -They ordered !!! I was miffed too !!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #2084
Master Chef

it happens at my house and it's quickly returned because I love hot and spicy with jalapenos...one bite and it's quickly handed back.....if restaurants stocked up on habaneros it would be so much fun to watch the thieves' faces
Old 04-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #2085
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L. View Post
Barbara, this has happen to us before - , Question - how can one eat another sandwich or taco and not know it ???? Especially if it is different than what -They ordered !!! I was miffed too !!
I think to James a taco is a taco. He actually usually also gets Taco Supremes, so I'm sure he didn't think twice about it. But, understanding it doesn't help my taste-buds any! LOL

Barbara
Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #2086
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
How the hech does a 15 yr old inhale a nickel??? You mean this doesn't end???

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you are feeling better this week.
I warned you......wait until Lego lassie is 12 --15 you will wished your worst problem was a Lego up the nose and my daughter was great comparatively---it's I just turned suddently stupid and embarrassing to be around Only at age 22 am I suddenly getting smart again........
Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #2087
Chef Extraordinaire

someone used to eat my food in my office, so one time i made a habanero paste/vinegar, and i hid it in a sandwich. you can't be too obvious or thieves won't go for it.
all i know is the sandwich was gone the next day. he or she was either a chilli head, or was in so much pain they tossed it.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #2088
Master Chef

we had terrible thieves in our dorm........people learned not to put food in the fridge and being poor college students that was a hardship.....one diabolical student known as "Kicker Pam" (this is Texas by the way and would walk into the dorm and loudly announce "Howdy d......it!!!" Anyway this girl got tired of it and decided to "fix" the rustlers on the range...she went home for the weekend and brought back homemade brownies and placed them in the fridge.......she put a note on them "to please not touch" well, that was incentive enough.......the next day 3 girls went to the school's quack shack with terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea........Kicker Pam's brownies had been sweetened with a box of exlax............it was too funny........her reputation really went up after that :):)
Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #2089
Chef Extraordinaire

Well then, many times I'll not finish some fried chicken, half a pastrami sandwich whatever, especially pizza and will bring it home..DH finishes all he orders plus dessert..We get home, the next day I go to get my left overs, and low and behold an empty container...the response is , Oh you wanted that?
Have you ever seen smoke come out someones ears? I've even taken to putting a note asking that the food not be eaten...same story, oh you wanted that..Well I can live with that I'm an adult, but I got the babies some of those sugar cones with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate topping..Got dh a large container of strawberry..all set last sunday, guess what no strawberry it was all gone and so were the ice cream cones that i put a note on saying please not to eat the cones are for the kids...Arghhhhhhhhhh
kadesma
Old 04-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #2090
Master Chef

maybe you're going to have to hide the nonperishables and put the perishables in the back of the fridge in disquised containers--good luck