Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie, I'm so sorry you are going through the money thing. Collectors are real jerks. I think they find the worst people in the world to do some of those jobs. Hugs to you!!

Laurie, it's sad when you have to start locking things up after years of not worrying. Please think of it this way though, maybe the person that did this was in a really really bad way and has kids that were hungry. That doesn't help the loss, but, it would help with why.

ITK, I terribly sorry about your brother. Nursing homes can be horrid!! We are about to that stage of thinking about my grandmother. I hope we don't have to do it, but, if she keeps declining, we won't have a choice, as none of us are able to quit our jobs to be able to tend to her the 24/7 she needs. God Bless.

Babe, I hope you feel better really soon and your meds get steady.

Kades, don't you dare feel like that!! That dang kid needed his butt busted!! You are no more an ogre than I am a beauty queen!! LOL
You did what everyone at that party wanted to do and didn't, your sil even said so. I'm sure Carson is very thankful! I love you lady and everyone here knows there is no ogre in you unless someone messes with your babies and then, not ogre, but ,a momma bear!!

Just made a post about not complaining and here I am already. Going in traffic really upsets me. Why do people drive in passing lane and go slower than the regular lane? I am sorry and certainly sorry that traffic makes me react this way! I truly believe people have no concern about others, only themselves. Believe me, I am trying to be different. Not easy.

Just made a post about not complaining and here I am already. Going in traffic really upsets me. Why do people drive in passing lane and go slower than the regular lane? I am sorry and certainly sorry that traffic makes me react this way! I truly believe people have no concern about others, only themselves. Believe me, I am trying to be different. Not easy.
ITK,
You just keep being a considerate driver and try not to let the goofs bother you. It's hard I know, some people do inspire road rage don't they..I have learned not to let them upset me when I'm driving,because then I would be distracted and could possibly hurt someone. So take a deep breath and ignore as best you can.
kadesma

I don't know about the laws of different states but on TX highways and freeways it's considered and assumed that the right lanes are the slower moving lanes..........this does not imply, however, that a driver goes waaaaaaaaaaay below the speed limit in the right lane either.........nothing is worse or more scary than when a line of cars are "waylaid by two cars in the left and the right lanes going nearly the same speed limit and causing a "stack-up" behind them usually late on a Sunday afternoon when most people are trying to end a long weekend and get home to relax..........there is or are usually some impatient driver(s) who will be so frustrated that they will err on the side of proper judgement and try and "get around the pack"......did I mention that I hate driving?

I don't know about the laws of different states but on TX highways and freeways it's considered and assumed that the right lanes are the slower moving lanes..........this does not imply, however, that a driver goes waaaaaaaaaaay below the speed limit in the right lane either.........nothing is worse or more scary than when a line of cars are "waylaid by two cars in the left and the right lanes going nearly the same speed limit and causing a "stack-up" behind them usually late on a Sunday afternoon when most people are trying to end a long weekend and get home to relax..........there is or are usually some impatient driver(s) who will be so frustrated that they will err on the side of proper judgement and try and "get around the pack"......did I mention that I hate driving?

Can so relate, but as I am trying to do and not complain or annoy anyone, I will continue to try to ignore as kadesma suggested. Would be most likely to happen that innocent individual would get hurt.

sorry to gripe about it but I know you have been in my situation as well. Doesn't really help when they say misery loves company in this case. Only makes the problem worse to know others are having to accept others inconsideration. Thanks for comments. Do help to know others do understand what I am frustrated about.

Can so relate, but as I am trying to do and not complain or annoy anyone, I will continue to try to ignore as kadesma suggested. Would be most likely to happen that innocent individual would get hurt.

sorry to gripe about it but I know you have been in my situation as well. Doesn't really help when they say misery loves company in this case. Only makes the problem worse to know others are having to accept others inconsideration. Thanks for comments. Do help to know others do understand what I am frustrated about.
ITK,
you are not annoying anyone, this why this thread is here so we can get things off our chests with our friends...Never feel you can't have a say..I enjoy your company no matter what we talk about.
kades

hey, I'm chiming in, too..........don't worry about what others think or might post......you're a big girl........you have a legitimate gripe......go with it.........there is NO way that you are going to satisfy everyone with your postings.......yes, of course, you want to be polite but at the same time you have some legitimate issues to bring up..........so do so and don't worry about public censure.........venting is a forum that allows one to say what is bugging them........yeah, there are very inconsiderate drivers out there.........and you have to deal with them...........and you hate them........legitimate gripe..........

Thanks all! So grateful to see understanding about what I feel and think. Start off the day reading this gives me good feeling. Also seeing how active the birds are again is a gift too.

Thanks all! So grateful to see understanding about what I feel and think. Start off the day reading this gives me good feeling. Also seeing how active the birds are again is a gift too.
Good for you ITK, can I share my day with you?
I had a wonderful day with my grand son and grand daughter Ethan and Olivia, I made them breakfast and lunch,and that was fun they both are my taste testers:LOL: We played outside and they helped me plant some flowers and then I just rested and watched as they played..I hated to see them leave today but I so enjoyed having them here...I feel like I use to before I got sick..That is a wonderful way to feel..So I'll give thanks tonight and smile as I go to sleep.
kadesma:)

Last edited:
The kitchen was reeking of gas yesterday, I can't use my oven or cooktop, there is a gas leak , so hubby had to turn off the propane tank for now, until he can get hold of the gas man to check it out the leak.

This morning I came downstairs to find a dead mouse at the bottom of the stairs. With 6 cats in the house, I am surprised not one of them ate it, which I am glad , I sure don't want to see mouse guts first thing in the morning.

I am in school, and the teachers here seem to think it's O.K. for the students to use racial slurs, profanity, and homophobic slurs, even participating in the "fun." I am looked at as a stick in the mud or a grouch because the constant barrage of negativity is getting me down. I'm by no means a prude, having been around the block a few times before these students were even born, but gee whiz, I'm paying tuition for this? I left my home, family for this? I'm changing careers for this? I have spoken with one administrator about my experience here and am about to talk to another in the morning. It makes me sick. I've been told by the chefs that this is just how kitchens are... I reminded one that they may choose to run THEIR kitchen that way, but this is an educational setting, a community college, and this type of behavior is unacceptable. He just shrugged his shoulders...

Stand your ground girl. You are doing the right thing. I'm sorry you have to put up with stuff like that in this day and age, but it just goes to show if we aren't vigilant then things will slide.

Wyogal - There is no excuse for that kind of behavior in an educational setting NOR a commercial kitchen setting. Where is the level of respect? I agree with Alix; stand your ground!!! And it's not how "kitchens are." :mad:

Thank-you for your encouragement!!!!!!! It means a lot to me. I feel so isolated here. I'll let ya'll know how my meeting goes in the morning.

i'm ticked at one of my instructors. the class is so stressed. she is a great person, except she lays way too much work on us. we have a 7-page study guide! for a test tomorrow for wine-tasting class. now, 7 pages is too many. granted, she gave us 1.5 hours of classtime to work on it. that's not my complaint, though. she expects us to memorize those SEVEN pages of material!!!!!
too much info & it's not teaching us, it's teaching us to cram info only to lose that info. i usually LOVE tests. not her's!! also, they soooooo stress communication to us in kitchens class. well, in my classes, i have a test tomorrow in each. they need to communicate between themselves 'bout test days!! plus, a very complicated wine research project is due.
i hate not to be on the dean's list next semester over a wine-tasting course. half the class failed her last test & i got my 1st non-"A". i got a "D"!
she tries, & emphasizes the amount of time she spends putting information together for us, & i appreciate her. not so much at once, thosugh, teach!

-luvs

i'm ticked at one of my instructors. the class is so stressed. she is a great person, except she lays way too much work on us. we have a 7-page study guide! for a test tomorrow for wine-tasting class. now, 7 pages is too many. granted, she gave us 1.5 hours of classtime to work on it. that's not my complaint, though. she expects us to memorize those SEVEN pages of material!!!!!
too much info & it's not teaching us, it's teaching us to cram info only to lose that info. i usually LOVE tests. not her's!! also, they soooooo stress communication to us in kitchens class. well, in my classes, i have a test tomorrow in each. they need to communicate between themselves 'bout test days!! plus, a very complicated wine research project is due.
i hate not to be on the dean's list next semester over a wine-tasting course. half the class failed her last test & i got my 1st non-"A". i got a "D"!
she tries, & emphasizes the amount of time she spends putting information together for us, & i appreciate her. not so much at once, thosugh, teach!

-luvs
luvs,
just study and do the best you can..I know you are very bright and can do this. Don't get upset it will only make the test drag and harder to deal with. Relax and go for it..I know you can. you can.
hugs,
kades

luvs,
just study and do the best you can..I know you are very bright and can do this. Don't get upset it will only make the test drag and harder to deal with. Relax and go for it..I know you can. you can.
hugs,
kades

thanks, kades.:flowers:
i've studied since 12:30..... letting myself take a few minutes to post & go outside.
ugh, i so wanna go to a dean, & i can't bring myself to. the instructor is too kind a lady, & she tries.:(

-luvs

Good luck on your tests. Just go in there and show 'em what ya know about wine tasting......

cats17.gif

i am sick of the water being turned off in this mobile park. happening far to often. does no good to complain. not like we can go somewhere else. it is bad enough when they warn us, but not today. just gone for four hours. thanks for the vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom