"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #2121
Everymom

Having a teenager is worse. Makes you mentally handicapped in minutes. LOL!

Edit: Sorry, I should have clarified what I meant about thinking those spots are dumb. I don't think I did that. It bothers me that there are "Family" spots or "Preggers" spots because I feel like so many folks today have entitlement issues. They figure they are entitled to something special just because they exist and I think we are adding to the problem by putting up signs in front of parking stalls that tell people "yes you ARE entitled to special treatment". BAH! OK, guess I now qualify for the cranky lady of the week. Heeheehee!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #2122
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
My latest vent (rant really) is from last night. After dinner we went to WalMart. As we parked we noticed this guy getting ready to leave. He put his stuff in his fancy "hey everyone look at me" car (with doors that open upward like wings). Then he pushed his cart a step or two away from his car and then just pushed his cart in the general direction of the large cart "corral" that was only a couple spaces from his car. It went into the middle of the lane, and that is where he left it. James and I were a lane away but we went over there and James put the cart away (by this time someone was trying to drive through there and the cart was in his way, so I'm sure he appreciated it). The idiot who had pushed the cart out there looked over at us just as we were doing that, so I pointed at the cart and mouthed (he couldn't hear me, so no sense yelling!), "You left it there!" I'm sure he couldn't care less, but I just wanted to let him know that his lack of manners had not gone unnoticed.

Barbara
I love people like you Barbara. At different times my kids have all worked at a big store or grocery store and have had to retrieve carts from the lots. Do you know that the folks that do that get bumped and hit by cars pretty regularly? I didn't know until my kids had that job and they were all warned that they needed to be especially vigilant out there. Plus they have to get them during lightning storms, extreme heat and cold, etc. There was even a man killed recently here in San Antonio when he was hit by a car retrieving carts. So it really warms my heart when I see folks put their carts in the corrals. I feel like they are doing a kindness for my child - even though none of them are doing that sort of work now. So for all you cart retrievers - Thank You!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #2123
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
OMG so true, Alix!!! There are days I have to pretend to be brain dead just to spare what little mental faculties I still have.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #2124
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Well the oldest is 8..... I'm halfway to a 16 year old, therefore already half crazy!!!!
FM my SIL was to be on bedrest for her last 2 1/2 months. Strict bedrest. Yet she insisted on sneaking off to the store and this and that, then be all upset when her bp would shoot up and the dr would tell her they may have to take the baby 2 months early.
At the same time she could manage to be incredibly disabled when she needed to be. My thinking is that if you are having such a hard pregnancy you probably shouldn't be out anyway!!!!!
Wow I'm gonna get in a lot of trouble now too Alix.....
Old 04-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #2125
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
OMG so true, Alix!!! There are days I have to pretend to be brain dead just to spare what little mental faculties I still have.
LMAO! A fellow sufferer! I love my girls but they CAN make my brain bleed in seconds if they want to!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #2126
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
Well the oldest is 8..... I'm halfway to a 16 year old, therefore already half crazy!!!!
FM my SIL was to be on bedrest for her last 2 1/2 months. Strict bedrest. Yet she insisted on sneaking off to the store and this and that, then be all upset when her bp would shoot up and the dr would tell her they may have to take the baby 2 months early.
At the same time she could manage to be incredibly disabled when she needed to be. My thinking is that if you are having such a hard pregnancy you probably shouldn't be out anyway!!!!!
Join me baby! LOL!!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #2127
Executive Chef

Quote:

Edit: Sorry, I should have clarified what I meant about thinking those spots are dumb. I don't think I did that. It bothers me that there are "Family" spots or "Preggers" spots because I feel like so many folks today have entitlement issues. They figure they are entitled to something special just because they exist and I think we are adding to the problem by putting up signs in front of parking stalls that tell people "yes you ARE entitled to special treatment". BAH! OK, guess I now qualify for the cranky lady of the week. Heeheehee!
Alix, we knew what you meant. My brother is an amputee and he needs the space but all to often, you see folks without the proper placard taking up the few spaces there are. It's hard not to say to them, "You should be so grateful that you aren't entitled to this space and that you don't need it". You are a really caring and considerate person and no one would misunderstand your meaning about this.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #2128
Everymom

I'm glad I wasn't being too vague. I sometimes get chatting away and realize I haven't explained myself very well. I'm trying to be better about that though. That was a really lovely compliment and you just made my whole day. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #2129
Executive Chef

Quote:
LMAO! A fellow sufferer! I love my girls but they CAN make my brain bleed in seconds if they want to!
You do have it worse. Girls are much more taxing as teens and require you be very alert. Boys pretty much spend their time coming up with various and numerous dangerous ideas, all of which could easily kill or maim.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #2130
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
You're safe here unless your SIL is on this forum!