"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #2131
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
ooooo I hope not!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #2132
Certified Cake Maniac

Okay, I have a new vent! I have a 3-tier wedding cake and two half sheet cakes to bake this week for Saturday. The bride has asked that it ALL be carrot cake. So, today I go to use my food processor's shredding blade and it is in four pieces. I ask DH and he looks sheepish and says that he forgot to tell me that it broke the last time he shredded cheese for pizza (about a month or so ago).

I am NOT shredding 10 bushels of carrots (okay a slight exageration) by hand! I have been saving up for a KitchenAid Pro model to match my mixer; but don't have enough yet. So, I guess I start calling friends and see if I can borrow one.

I don't mind the fact that it broke - these things happens. It is the fact I didn't know it until I needed it!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #2133
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Okay, I have a new vent! I have a 3-tier wedding cake and two half sheet cakes to bake this week for Saturday. The bride has asked that it ALL be carrot cake. So, today I go to use my food processor's shredding blade and it is in four pieces. I ask DH and he looks sheepish and says that he forgot to tell me that it broke the last time he shredded cheese for pizza (about a month or so ago).

I am NOT shredding 10 bushels of carrots (okay a slight exageration) by hand! I have been saving up for a KitchenAid Pro model to match my mixer; but don't have enough yet. So, I guess I start calling friends and see if I can borrow one.

I don't mind the fact that it broke - these things happens. It is the fact I didn't know it until I needed it!
And now you tell DH if he breaks anything else you need to make your cakes, he best put on his track shoes and run like , well like the wind..
Then I'd point him in the direction of the nearest store that carries what you need and say go boy or and hand him a peeler and a shredder...Then go take a nap Wish I was closer and I'd loan ya my Cuisinart to use.

kades
Old 04-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #2134
Master Chef

Yeah, there are times that I really kick myself for not bringing my large, heavy duty processor here..........never realized that you would have to grate your own cheese here and it's a pain when you need a lot.........all I have is the small Cuisinart model.....but our company has strict weight limits and will charge a lot for extra weight.......when leaving they will send a moving company's rep to "guesstimate" how much you have but upon packing up they will send it to be officially weighed.....the container weight is counted as well and the large processor might have put us over......they told us that we were almost there on the capacity
Old 04-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #2135
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
And now you tell DH if he breaks anything else you need to make your cakes, he best put on his track shoes and run like , well like the wind..
Then I'd point him in the direction of the nearest store that carries what you need and say go boy or and hand him a peeler and a shredder...Then go take a nap Wish I was closer and I'd loan ya my Cuisinart to use.

kades
Thanks Kades, I wish I had waited and bought either a KitchenAid or a Cuisinart to begin with. Anything I have from those two companies works like a charm! As for DH, he promised that if I can't find one in time he WILL grate all my carrots for me. Sweet guy!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #2136
Executive Chef

Insomnia.

I'm tired....I wanna sleep. The dog is snoring and farting and I'm stuck awake...... smelling her super stinkyness. Blah.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #2137
Chef Extraordinaire

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkitty View Post
Insomnia.

I'm tired....I wanna sleep. The dog is snoring and farting and I'm stuck awake...... smelling her super stinkyness. Blah.
dare i suggest? just kick the smelly thing out.

babe
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #2138
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks Kades, I wish I had waited and bought either a KitchenAid or a Cuisinart to begin with. Anything I have from those two companies works like a charm! As for DH, he promised that if I can't find one in time he WILL grate all my carrots for me. Sweet guy!
Yes he is sweet just like mine is and also smart as a whip

kades
Old 04-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #2139
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to darlenemt08
I use a Salad Shooter for my carrots. I use mine when I've got a lot to shred or grate. To grate, you put the shredded carrots back through it by using the shredder thing. Whenever I just need a very small amount, I just use my stand-up shredder.

Darlene
Old 04-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #2140
Sous Chef

TAXES I got totally reamed this year and for what.. so the govt can waste my money on things I dont support.... hopefully next year I will get a break as I will have some deductions kick in