"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #2171
Sous Chef

This all reminds me of something my sister did when she was maybe 3 years old. My religion encourages a fairly conservative dress code and so most people don't wear sleeveless clothing. One day in Wal-Mart my sister saw someone wearing a tank top and yelled and pointed at her saying, "Mom! Look! Not modest, not modest!". My mother was mortified!

Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #2172
Certified Cake Maniac

When I was still a baby (don't know how old), my parents, sister and grandmother went on a trip across Canada and back through the Norhern States in a trailer. When we were stopped at a camp Mom would cook but while travelling they ate in restarants. Anway, I guess they stopped for lunch and my Mom had already fed me. They went into this busy restaurant and I was in a baby seat and was acting up terribly. People were looking at our table and making comments so my Mom (who wanted me to sleep), put the seat, with me in it, under the table with a soother and a toy or two.

Well, the same people who wanted me to shut up were now astounded that a Mother would be so crass as to put her child under the table. Even the waitress commented I guess. But I was happy as a clam and fell asleep.

Apparently we ate in the trailer a lot more after that!!! Mom was apparently less mad at me for being cranky as she was at the people in the restaurant.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 04-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #2173
Everymom

OK, my freaking browser is doing it AGAIN! It was fixed briefly and now is on the fritz again. I'm more convinced than ever that this has nothing to do with my computer and is some stupid weirdness from somewhere else.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #2174
Master Chef

That's a good vent, Alix..........here's hoping that you find the computergeist and banish the evil spirit forever!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #2175
Master Chef

I forgot, what was the browser doing again?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #2176
Everymom

It won't load DC or any of Andy R's sites. Gives me a timed out error. And in all the places I've gone asking for help, everyone is baffled.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #2177
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Andy has other sites?? Anything we DC'ers need to know about???
Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #2178
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
It won't load DC or any of Andy R's sites. Gives me a timed out error. And in all the places I've gone asking for help, everyone is baffled.

This may be obvious but have you looked at the security settings, it may be may be that forums are blocked somehow. Things like also sometimes happen with us because the firewall is blocking it and asking permission to access on another login all together (we each have our own logon). It is usually the boys and then I go to my name to find the request waiting there.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #2179
Executive Chef

One of the small children - the little boy whom I used to tutor at the school gets this way.

He gets so ticked off mad and angry with someone else who made him upset in the first place and he'll vent out and throw these violent temper tantrums.

One of my tutoring sessions with him was one that had me see a different side of him - one that scared me half to death!

He came downstairs mad from his classroom on this particular day, the pencil that he was using, the lead point broke. He threw it across the room in a fit of rage!! Them he came over toward me. He lashed out and started punching me in the face! He was really tripping out!! He didn't hurt me at all though.

I had to gently grab his fists and ask him why was he so mad. "Because people MAKE me mad!!!", he shouted. He sat down and started crying! Trying to smooth him and get him out of his bad mood, I kindly told him that he shouldn't vent his anger out on me because I was not the one who made him mad in the first place and that I'm there to try to help him, not hurt him. Then he became very appoligetic. And he wiped away his tears. He was an emotional wreck!

He hugged me and I hugged him back. and we continued on with the reading session. But you know me - I just didn't have the heart to be mad with him!!
I felt very sorry for him that he's probably going through some difficult times.

I didn't tell anyone about this incident because I did not want the boy to be banned from school. "Are you going to tell anyone that I "beat you up?", he then asked. He knew that it was the wrong thing to do.

I told him that I wouldn't But I told him that he shouldn't get so violent all the time. Of course, he wanted to know what the word means and I had to explain it to him. I never really knew what had set him off.

I was told that he has personal issues and behavioral problems at home. He told me that he was adopted. Whatever problems that he had before he was adopted, I can get a sense that he might not know who his biological parents are or something like that.

Something might have happened to him that he's having a hard time trying to deal with.

I then asked him to please go pick up the pencil that he so violently threw across the room. He did. He IS a sweet, kind and happy little boy. Just don't make him mad! The Hulk come out in him and he turns into a raging angry little monster!! Haha!!

Either or, he's still just a little kid, and little kids can get emotional just like adults sometimes do. I love him just the same!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #2180
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Andy has other sites?? Anything we DC'ers need to know about???
pds - go to the page that lists all the forums - scroll to the bottom - list is right there in link form.

Other recommended forum communities:
Cooking Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum
Sailing Forum - Aquarium & Reef Forum
Royal Forum - Volkswagen Touareg Forum
Early Retirement Forum - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Whitewater Kayaking & Rafting Forum - Yoga Forum
Interference - U2, Pop Culture & Social Responsibility Social Knowledge Networks

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Closed Thread