Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine cj. Don't worry. Just another of lifes lessons. Things aren't always what they seem.
I know Stacy..As long as you are ok that's all that matters to me..Life can kick our fannies, but we pick ourselves up and go on.. take care
cj

What did you do to your feet msmofet?

nevermind...I found out. OUCH!
this is my damaged foot
img_833981_0_536bb9eb29aa9248b395daa589b25945.jpg

here are the poor little smushed tooties (after 3 days) i worry about getting a pedi while my foot is swollen (don't want to take chances with infection)
img_833981_1_7b8dceacc95c044cfe9882bbfde8588e.jpg

Sorry to see those little piggies... and I'm glad they are not mine right now ;-)

BOb
thank you sweetie. that scar is 11 years old on my foot. (it took 2 years to heal completely from 3rd degree burns (they wanted to take it and i said NO!! period. i debreeded (sp) it myself)). my foot and toes were already swollen from driving and lousy road food. i took a nice skid into the hot tub and banged my swollen toes pretty good. i always worry about infection due to bad circulation from the severity of the damage to my foot.

yeah, well, he will either learn from it or not. I hope he learns!!
Let's hope so Stacy, maybe this is the kick in the fanny he needed.Some kids you can talk to til your blue in the face and they just think it won't happen to me!!!Well then learn the hard way is all that is left. I hope this does the trick Stacy, you've bailed them both out to darn many times.
kades

When my son was in jail (weekend thing, speeding ticket, 120 mph), he came out saying that the old guys in his cell liked his grandpa's corny jokes... and learned how to play gin rummy... grrrrrrrr............

We were told that it was $100 a day to pay off bond, but, they were wrong. that was for THEIR time. This county goes by severity of the charge and how much they pay out on it. I'm just really surprised that it's so long for a first time offense, but, he's fine with it. He won't have probation or fines when he gets out. The lawyer told him this and said that the plea was his best bet, so he did and THEN received the sentence!! He didn't realize how long either, but, it's longer than what it would have been to keep him from probation when he gets out.

So, awhile ago, this last winter/spring, I talked with some folks at our local art museum about an idea incorporating cuisine and culture, how I'd love to teach some classes combining the two. Well, today I read in the paper that they are offering classes on the very same topic. As though it was something they thought of themselves. it's very disappointing because I thought these people respected me and took me seriously. I have volunteered there for years, not so much lately as I was away at cooking school out of town. But jeez.... I am soooooo tired of not being good enough or rich enough or cool enough for these pretentious people. and it hurts deeply. I thought they were friends.

So, awhile ago, this last winter/spring, I talked with some folks at our local art museum about an idea incorporating cuisine and culture, how I'd love to teach some classes combining the two. Well, today I read in the paper that they are offering classes on the very same topic. As though it was something they thought of themselves. it's very disappointing because I thought these people respected me and took me seriously. I have volunteered there for years, not so much lately as I was away at cooking school out of town. But jeez.... I am soooooo tired of not being good enough or rich enough or cool enough for these pretentious people. and it hurts deeply. I thought they were friends.

Sweetie - You need not say anything to prove your worth to us. I don't even live near you, and yet I'd happily give you a big hug if I could. If your local towns folk don't appreciate you, it's only because they are silly folks that need to be beat upon the head and shoulders until they can think common sense :)

Money, nor position proves worth as much as just having a big heart, and you have that.

Bob

Don't let fools,get you thinking you're not good enough. You are and you are head and shoulders above them.I find them dishonest and cheap and by no means friends. I do think I'd quietly let them know how dishonest I think they are and I wouldn't let them say a word, no arguments, yelling or screaming, just a quiet low voice. Then I'd turn on my heels and walk out and let them babble their explanations..Nor would I do anything to help out..I'd go about my business and find a way to help others learn from you on your time, in your way...You will find a way.
kadesma

Hey Texasgirl, sorry to hear about your son ma'am!

Wyogal, Your not alone ma'am, I'm in the same boat, but my problem is the ladies.

I'm a gentleman, I got it all pretty much but a vehicle, and I don't cheat but yet it feels like I am very broken and undatable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom