"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #2201
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Ok, I havent been paid with money for full time work since June of 1995.
Better? :)

Old 04-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #2202
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lololol... I know what ya mean. When I think of all the back wages I'm owned from when mine was a child, it can make me cry! lol

Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #2203
Sous Chef

Sorry. I suppose I really have no room to complain. The due date isn't actually until Monday. It just feels overdue because my last baby was 4 weeks early and fully developed--no extra hospital stay, no oxygen tubes or anything. Besides, sometimes it just feels better to whine about it, doesn't it? If she doesn't come soon though I am going to have the cleanest house/yard on the block! Ha!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #2204
Master Chef

My first child I was in the room, holding onto a leg, giving encouragement, loving every second of it, wishing I had owned a cam corder at the time.
By the time the third one came around I was sitting next to her watchin TV...

The first child she was there overnight in labor, it had to be induced, and technically took 11 hours... the third one was born less than two hours after she got to the hospital and about three from the time her water broke.

I wouldn't say she had it easy (there certainly was pain involved), but much easier than some experiences apparently! I consider that a blessing.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #2205
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
my vent... the taxi will be here soon.. Vacation is over. I have to face reality and live in the real world again... sigh!

It has been GREAT though!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #2206
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Sorry. I suppose I really have no room to complain. The due date isn't actually until Monday. It just feels overdue because my last baby was 4 weeks early and fully developed--no extra hospital stay, no oxygen tubes or anything. Besides, sometimes it just feels better to whine about it, doesn't it? If she doesn't come soon though I am going to have the cleanest house/yard on the block! Ha!
Being 9 months pregnant gives you a pass to complain all you want about anything you want!!! But seriously, if you are compulsively cleaning house, lots of women say that "nesting activity" happened to them just before their baby was born. (Sadly, it only happened to me twice.)
Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #2207
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I wish my nesting would stop......
Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #2208
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I only had 1 c-section, the last one. I had them tie my tubes as long as they were in there. They also thought I had to have my appendix taken out at the same time (I had horrible pain in my side 3 weeks before lego girl was due and couldnt walk) but I didn't.
I'm still on maternity leave!!!! :) Haven't worked (ok full time) since before she was born.
Hey Suzie - you're still recovering! You should be on maternity leave. And I'm sure the whole Lego incident set your recovery back a couple more years!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #2209
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I wish my nesting would stop......
Well, I wish you were nesting in my house!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #2210
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
two days of labor then a section, then we did it 3 more times and amen

kadesma
4 c-sections??? You are Mother of the Year in my book! Heck, Mother of the Century! I really don't know if I would have been brave enough to do it more than once.