"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #2211
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
3 c-sections here. I was literally NUTS to have done it a couple times more.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #2212
Everymom

Only 2 for me. During the second one I told him to tie my tubes. He asked if I was sure because I had a great looking uterus. I asked him if he was hitting on me. Heh heh heh. (Did I mention his wife was one of his nurses?)

Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #2213
Master Chef

LOL----Alix take your compliments wherever you can get them---now you can sport a t-shirt bragging "Gorgeous Uterus" with an arrow pointing---and on the back "Just ask my Dr."
Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #2214
Master Chef

I was more scared of c section than having mine. LOL Dummy me, I had both of mine natural, no meds at all. Whew, not an easy thing to do at 16 and 19. First was 21 hours, second was 16 1/2 and a preemie. Tubes tied after that one. I had Eclampsia { symptoms ignored by dr's during pregnancy }. Liver swelled to double and boy, I swear THAT hurt worse than the birth did.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #2215
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Lately my daughter's friends (11 going on 12) have been distant from each other. There's been some differences between the girls and now all of us moms, who had become very close friends, are having a hard time dealing with it. I feel so much tension when I'm around one of the moms now but her daughter has decided to ignore the rest of the girls, my daughter included. I know it's a phase they go through with switching friends and ups and downs with hormones and personalities but it sure feels uncomfortable. Argh! I am staying away for a while until I figure out what to do with this situation. Sigh!.................
Old 04-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #2216
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
LOL----Alix take your compliments wherever you can get them---now you can sport a t-shirt bragging "Gorgeous Uterus" with an arrow pointing---and on the back "Just ask my Dr."
My doc told me not to worry about giving birth - he said "You could drive a Mac truck through that pelvis." Wait, now that I think about it, that would only be a compliment to another OB/GYN. And I can't even begin to imagine how to put that on a T-shirt.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #2217
Master Chef

OK, that's about as far as I go :)
Old 04-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #2218
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
My doc told me not to worry about giving birth - he said "You could drive a Mac truck through that pelvis." Wait, now that I think about it, that would only be a compliment to another OB/GYN. And I can't even begin to imagine how to put that on a T-shirt.
Holy Christmas, Batman! In my day, the doc just said, "So and so was built to have babies."
Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #2219
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Lately my daughter's friends (11 going on 12) have been distant from each other. There's been some differences between the girls and now all of us moms, who had become very close friends, are having a hard time dealing with it. I feel so much tension when I'm around one of the moms now but her daughter has decided to ignore the rest of the girls, my daughter included. I know it's a phase they go through with switching friends and ups and downs with hormones and personalities but it sure feels uncomfortable. Argh! I am staying away for a while until I figure out what to do with this situation. Sigh!.................
That happened to me about that age. My parents felt bad for me and got me cat (I didn't know that was why until I was grown up and married). I don't remember if it helped or not. I just know it eventually passed. I always had good family support, which helped.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #2220
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
That's really hard, Dina. I've been close with moms of my kids' friends and it's a fine line to walk when the kids fall in and out of favor with each other. Luckily, the other moms have always been aware, too, that the kids' friendships will have lots of ups and downs because they are kids. It's always been kind of an unspoken agreement that we would keep our friendships separate from the kids. Still, there are times when it's fairly uncomfortable.