"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:42 AM   #2221
Master Chef

My wife had 4 c-sections.

And as far as people telling you what to do with your kids, I especially love when childless person tells me, father of five, how and what to do with one of my kids, when they are crying or having moods.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #2222
Master Chef

I know what you mean, CharlieD. I remember giving advice to my 1st grade parents long before I had children and now wished that I could talk to them now that I've had my two. I know that some of the advice would be different!!! LOL........

Old 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #2223
Master Chef

As for teens affecting relationships between adults the very thing happened to my daughter and her friend whose mother happened to be my best friend. We both agreed that it was their relationship that was experiencing flux and not ours and we carried on as before. They didn't become enemies or anything but developed other interests and friends. That's what many do at that age. Hope that you can come to a happy understanding with the situation.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:20 AM   #2224
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Well, I wish you were nesting in my house!
Or mine!!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #2225
Master Chef

We're all waiting to hear the good news---please let us know when you feel up to it
Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #2226
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
I know what you mean, CharlieD. I remember giving advice to my 1st grade parents long before I had children and now wished that I could talk to them now that I've had my two. I know that some of the advice would be different!!! LOL........
You too????? I knew everything about being a perfect parent until I became one.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #2227
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Lately my daughter's friends (11 going on 12) have been distant from each other. There's been some differences between the girls and now all of us moms, who had become very close friends, are having a hard time dealing with it. I feel so much tension when I'm around one of the moms now but her daughter has decided to ignore the rest of the girls, my daughter included. I know it's a phase they go through with switching friends and ups and downs with hormones and personalities but it sure feels uncomfortable. Argh! I am staying away for a while until I figure out what to do with this situation. Sigh!.................
It doesn't just happen to kids it just happened to me at 50 years old. A couple of years ago the ranch hired a new head of maintenance and of course there were people here at the ranch that were just hateful to him and his wife including my good neighbor but DH and I don't hate someone just because some other people do. Any way we became good friends and my neighbor decided I was not worth her time because of it but I don't care to hate for no reason. Dh and I were their only friends for the longest time and I thought we were pretty tight. About 2 months ago the wife decided not to deal with us anymore she has lost a lot of weight so I don't know if that's it or if I did something to piss her off. But it just seemed like they came over less and less and don't invite us over anymore they are still friendly but when I asked her why they do not come over anymore she said that they were just to busy.I did notice she became really friendly actually they are really tight with another couple that live just across from them . I'm so confused since DH and I stuck with them so long and now they can't seem to be bothered with us anymore. I have never ever made a new friend and then decide my current friend would be out of the picture in my mind the more friends the better. I know it sounds so high school but my feelings were really hurt. I know I should confront her but just have not wanted to as of yet.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #2228
Executive Chef

It has happened to me in the past also. Lots of times.

Like the kid at school, I sometime get so aggravated and have to vent. Especially when something falls too many times, when something is forgotten after having gone downstairs and out of the building. Even when something doesn't work.

And especially when someone gets on and works my last nerve! Or when someone want to try to get my goat.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #2229
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
It doesn't just happen to kids it just happened to me at 50 years old. A couple of years ago the ranch hired a new head of maintenance and of course there were people here at the ranch that were just hateful to him and his wife including my good neighbor but DH and I don't hate someone just because some other people do. Any way we became good friends and my neighbor decided I was not worth her time because of it but I don't care to hate for no reason. Dh and I were their only friends for the longest time and I thought we were pretty tight. About 2 months ago the wife decided not to deal with us anymore she has lost a lot of weight so I don't know if that's it or if I did something to piss her off. But it just seemed like they came over less and less and don't invite us over anymore they are still friendly but when I asked her why they do not come over anymore she said that they were just to busy.I did notice she became really friendly actually they are really tight with another couple that live just across from them . I'm so confused since DH and I stuck with them so long and now they can't seem to be bothered with us anymore. I have never ever made a new friend and then decide my current friend would be out of the picture in my mind the more friends the better. I know it sounds so high school but my feelings were really hurt. I know I should confront her but just have not wanted to as of yet.
Of course you're hurt and a tad angry..You're wondering what YOU did..Nothing, you were just to nice and people tend to take advantage of it...Sit back and remember all you did, then pat yourself of the back and say nuts, I'm not going to let me get so upset I'll do something silly..Just be YOU and if you have to say something..Then just let her know you're sorry she has chosen to walk away and that your door is open, but you are not the doormat..Then I'd turn away and just let myself find something I love doing and had put aside to do things with them, and begin doing what makes me happy..Do not let an ingrate make you unhappy..They are not worth it.You gave, they took..Chances are they take from all but never give back..Their loss.
kadesma
Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #2230
Master Chef

i'm feverish & cranky & i wanna sleep but i can't.
gonna plop into my tub & take a cool bath.

Closed Thread