Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom has been in the hospital for almost a week. :( I wish they would release her. She had her gallbladder out on Thursday. Hopefully, she will get out of there tomorrow.
Your mom can count on my prayers as well. I had my gallbladder out in February.

As far as dietary restrictions, which was brought up, my doctor said that I could eat pretty much the same things afterward that I did before. What he didn't mention (but my daughter, who had hers out 11 years ago did) is that when you eat certain foods (different for everyone), you need to be very near a bathroom. That's all I will say about that! Otherwise, it is all good--no more horrible bouts of pain every few months like I was having.

:)Barbara

I guess I am one of the lucky ones - while I had to restrict my diet very carefully prior to the surgery, once my gallbladder was gone, I could eat anything. It does seem to me, SC, that your mom is in the hospital longer than usual for gallbladder surgery. Hope there are no complications and she is home today feeling better.

O.K., pity party of one...
My husband is out backpacking, gone for 14-16 days. Inaccessible. I just about go nuts when he is gone. I can't talk to him, sometimes, if they climb a mountain, they will call from the summit.
Here's the deal. I went to a bridal shower (for a daughter of a friend, don't know the bride at all, went anyway cuz I'm lonely). Other girlfriends were there, a bible study group that I started over a year ago. When I was away at cooking school, they pretty much forgot about me. I'm back in town, and things seem normal. So I mention that I get sooo lonely when husband is away like this. I would have thought that maybe someone would call, have me over, go out together, something. nada. zilch. 2nd gripe: my sister-in-law is in the same situation, our husbands are brothers and they went together. Well, she could hardly wait until they were gone! Said she wanted to come for a visit and spend time together. I was looking forward to it. In the meantime, I'm reading on her facebook about all the partying she's doing. I asked today if she was coming. Nope. too much partying to do. Would it be too much for her to at least invite me to HER town and join in the fun? We just hosted them here a week or so before the guys left. She knows I'm terribly lonely. I would like to go somewhere, but can't really afford to go far, and I have our dog... who loves her dog and has been with us at their house before.
oh well. I just don't want to hear about all her fun while I sit here. Yes, I could go out and make my own fun... but, I really thought we were going to get together while the guys were away. She's only been talking about it all summer. It's like she's hitting her mid-life crisis or something. It's not like we are in our 20's. I'm 50, she's in her mid-40's!!

O.K., pity party of one...
My husband is out backpacking, gone for 14-16 days. Inaccessible. I just about go nuts when he is gone. I can't talk to him, sometimes, if they climb a mountain, they will call from the summit.
Here's the deal. I went to a bridal shower (for a daughter of a friend, don't know the bride at all, went anyway cuz I'm lonely). Other girlfriends were there, a bible study group that I started over a year ago. When I was away at cooking school, they pretty much forgot about me. I'm back in town, and things seem normal. So I mention that I get sooo lonely when husband is away like this. I would have thought that maybe someone would call, have me over, go out together, something. nada. zilch. 2nd gripe: my sister-in-law is in the same situation, our husbands are brothers and they went together. Well, she could hardly wait until they were gone! Said she wanted to come for a visit and spend time together. I was looking forward to it. In the meantime, I'm reading on her facebook about all the partying she's doing. I asked today if she was coming. Nope. too much partying to do. Would it be too much for her to at least invite me to HER town and join in the fun? We just hosted them here a week or so before the guys left. She knows I'm terribly lonely. I would like to go somewhere, but can't really afford to go far, and I have our dog... who loves her dog and has been with us at their house before.
oh well. I just don't want to hear about all her fun while I sit here. Yes, I could go out and make my own fun... but, I really thought we were going to get together while the guys were away. She's only been talking about it all summer. It's like she's hitting her mid-life crisis or something. It's not like we are in our 20's. I'm 50, she's in her mid-40's!!

Wow! Nice friends you have! :( Friends like that who needs enemies?
Caddy things anyways.That was extremely rude of them.But you know what goes around comes around.Don't let them know it bothered you.
It looks to me that they are jealous of you and what you've accomplished.

Sister in law.. whoa! be glad you weren't involved in any of that.Let her have the midlife crisis.It's going to be on her,not you.
Think her hubby will be happy to hear what went on while he was away? Mine certainly wouldn't be.

Last but not least.DC is open 24/7.Cheer up :)

Munky.

"Last but not least.DC is open 24/7.Cheer up :)"
Thanks!! Yep, I'm on it almost that much!! That and TMZ! hahaha, but can only take so much of Michael J. "news!"
Yeah, I don't know how long their marriage will last, he's not any better. I'm glad something went "right" with my husband! His sister is even more whacked.... her husband believes he's reincarnated from the aliens that landed at Roswell. no sh*t. We haven't spoken to them since he wrote a letter calling our son a murderer (USNavy), said my husband was "sucking off the gov't teat" because he is a teacher (and a darn good one at that!), and the other brother (the one with the party wife) is "raping and pillaging the land" because he works for a natural gas company. yet the alien can't play music unless his instruments and multitude of computers are plugged in.
yep, friends aren't much help. Except for my bestest, and she's been out of town, will be for another week!!!!!!!!!
breathing deep now.

Kathy - Sorry you were left out there just hanging by all. Your husband should and likely will share his warm thoughts with you at first opportunity. If not? Bop him a good one when he does get home (don't bottle up the feelings).

I'm sad friends and SIL are not in your mental place in life. Feel sorry for the lot of them.

Personally? I'll be 49 this November, and my cradle robbing wife will be 51 next Feb.

I would be so tickled at her being so upset with my absence, I'd be mister woeful after I got back, but I'd also have something cooked up especially nice for the next shared life event. That is how I would react.

I know... that's just me, but the thought is honest.

Sending you a hug in sympathy, and hoping you find something happy to spend the rest of the time doing... ever go do a full "spa" thing? <evil grin>.

You should try that.. it's pampering you don't feel the need to reciprocate on :) That could put you in a happy place.

Bob

hay you, i have much the same thing in my life. family members were always saying " we will do this or that" and it never happened. once i figured out that was never going to , i have been much better off. it makes me sad that they so recklessly mess with my life. my daughter in law "five min away" that i have known most of her life. only comes over when she wants something. pants hemmed etc. she was in charge of telling me the day and time of my gransons baby shower . did not call me til two hours before. i am sure she forgot, but no apology was offered. consider it their bad manners and not that there is something wrong with you. it is there loss.

Thanks! I just got home from a dinner with some new friends. Great time. And yes, my husband is going to have a great shower, meal, and "warm thoughts" when he gets back. After spending that much time with his bro, he's quite glad to return to our life.
Thanks again for your kind thoughts!

Cooking school vent: here's the turd frosting on a sh*t cake:
I just found out that our CARES tests that we took in our Bar and Bev. class were NEVER submitted for certification.
I've emailed the instructor, dean of students, as well as placed a phone call to the dean with this information. I was wondering about the results, so contacted the American Hotel and Lodging Ed Inst. directly and they told me that they have received NOTHING from that college or instructor.

migrate here & attend school with me! luv school! not waking at 4:30, though.
i'd send them a letter next. your dough went into that. is it a certification?

I spoke with the director at American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute, my bases are covered.
I"m also being quite honest about my experience to those that ask... everyone asks. Our state is quite small, and word gets around.
I would have loved to go to a "real" school, but $$$$$ is an issue. I'm beyond grants as I already have a masters in another field.

Thanks! I'm going back to performing music, teaching privately. I have a masters in music.

I got an apology from the art museum!! (see earlier vent about cuisine and culture idea, fruitcake)

hubby reheated his hamburger in the microwave at the reheat pizza setting, and is perplexed why the hamburger got *cooked* well... duh !! pizza is a lot bigger than a small burger. I told him don't blame the microwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom