"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #2261
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
You have been through so much this past year! You are the strongest person I know right now and with your loving family, you will get through this and everything will be better than it is now. I love you and so does everyone here. I will think of you and pray for you everyday until it's better!!
Thanks Stacy,
that really helps right now..Know, you are loved back..As is the rest of my DC family
cj

Old 05-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #2262
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Okay, cj, I'm confused. Moaning and water seeping from the ceiling? Was there a body there? Pharmacy? I'm kinda new to your background.
Katie the pharmacy has a very high ceiling with large heavy beams..They kept making a crackling, moaning,groaning sound all morning.They kept hearing a poping noise every so often, the water came from pipes in the wall where the bathrooms were..fire dept said get out..Only staff can go in now, we meet customers at the front door with their rx's.My DH is a pharmacist I was his tech...we had several pharmacies and still own part of this one..Nope we found NO BODIES
cj

Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #2263
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Wow! I came here to vent after a disappoitment, my troubles are little.

Maverick - I rode ambulance for 6 years, was president of the squad for four of those years, and a national registry EMT. By far my saddest call was taking a man to the morgue that had not taken care of obvious symptoms of heart problems. Please do whatever you have to do to see someone. If you have had a tripple and do not feel comfortable, then a thorough checkup by someone else will, if nothing else, give you peace of mind that you are on the right course. Please see someone - preferable someone other than you are now seeing and get a second set of eyes on the problem. We are talking about your life here.

Kadesma - I am very sorry to hear of your problems. I run my own business and know the extra stress of doing that. I do not recall seeing whether or not you own the building or not. If you rent you may get some financial relief, at least.

My minor propbem - I have done a lot of cooking for company and friends lately. Since I believe that the best compliments come unsolicited, from others, I have absolutely basked in the compliments. It is great. I am also thankful for the folks here who helped me earn those compliments.

Today, all the company is gone and I had an opportunity to do something for just me. I wanted sourdough bread. I started last night and fed the starter. 6:00 this morning, I made the sponge. Let it rise five hours, got a great rise out of it, best yet. I finished the dough and let rise for the first time. Three hours rise time, no hurry, I had all day and no deadlines. Punched it down and formed the loaves. Put it on top of the stove to rise for the last time. I went outside to help my DW plant some flowers. When I came in to see what was happening, I got to watch one of my Labradors finsih off the last of the loaves od dough.

Bummer

AC
Old 05-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #2264
Chef Extraordinaire

my vent tonight is store clerks that have no clue what they are doing.

on line i found a floor tile for my kitchen that i loved. noted item number , and stock number. it said was special order from store, lowes,

called my local lowes, credit card in one hand and info in the other. the first clerk i was transfered to m i thought was a clerk in flooring, who really was in bbqs. said he had to go to a puter to do the order, put me on hold, three min. he seemed not to understand special orders. put me on hold, came back and took all the info. we got to the credit card part and he had no clue, he thought he had put me on hold. but i heard him talking to a mgn. he didn't seem to understand either. first guy comes back and says he will transfer me to a mgn, he put me on hold. five mins on hold, the mgn comes on, he did not have the product info i had just given the first guy. gave it all again, then we did credit card. he said he needed to take the transation to the check out counter. he put me on hold. five min.(must have been a long walk)came on and said they would finish order and call me.

forty five min. later he called, said was taken care of and did i know there were no returns on special orders. i said yes. we confirmed pick up date .

finally done. what a pain in the butt. i loved the tile and have been coveting it for several months. couldn't find anywhere else near to me for a better price. now u tell me why they don't train anyone that deals with customers how to conduct business?

next is the twisted road i will have to travel to get it installed by the disappering handy man. lol

thanks i feel better

babe
Old 05-06-2008, 12:25 AM   #2265
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
My 5 year old got a gash on his head last night. He tried to hang the towel on the rack and came down on the tile hard. Luckily the tube from the rack didn't hurt his face. We rushed to find a night clinic but nothing was open on Sunday evening. Argh! The bleeding stopped with the pressure and the bandaging so we decided to take him to his pediatrician this morning. He luckily does not need stitches.My 14 year old son developed a lump on his neck (throat). He too was at the pediatrician's office this a.m. Dr. outruled strep so ordered some blood work and a sonogram. He mentioned a possible case of mono. I'm really nervous of the outcome but we're hoping for the best. Would you please say a little prayer for him?
Old 05-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #2266
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
yes, sure would.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:16 AM   #2267
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
My 5 year old got a gash on his head last night. He tried to hang the towel on the rack and came down on the tile hard. Luckily the tube from the rack didn't hurt his face. We rushed to find a night clinic but nothing was open on Sunday evening. Argh! The bleeding stopped with the pressure and the bandaging so we decided to take him to his pediatrician this morning. He luckily does not need stitches.My 14 year old son developed a lump on his neck (throat). He too was at the pediatrician's office this a.m. Dr. outruled strep so ordered some blood work and a sonogram. He mentioned a possible case of mono. I'm really nervous of the outcome but we're hoping for the best. Would you please say a little prayer for him?
Prayers,hugs and kisses on the way.
kadesma
Old 05-06-2008, 03:22 AM   #2268
Master Chef

Man, Dina, when it rains it pours. My daughter had a routine blood test once and it showed that she had antibodies for mono. Sometime before the age of 16 she had contracted it. Unless your son is extremely tired and more so than usual and he's running fevers try and remain calm.........my daughter was always tired as she tends to burn the candle at both end....main thing until you get confirmation is not to eat or drink after him from the same dishes
Old 05-06-2008, 03:39 AM   #2269
Traveling Welcome Wagon

You can count on my prayers as well Dina.

Barbara
Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 AM   #2270
Sous Chef

Adding my prayers as well!! HUGS!!