"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #2281
Master Chef

They did the biopsy on BIL. It is definately Mesothelioma. Doctor gave him 6 months to live. I don't feel to well now.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #2282
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
They did the biopsy on BIL. It is definately Mesothelioma. Doctor gave him 6 months to live. I don't feel to well now.
Stacy, I'm so sorry. Love and prayers from Buck and me are sent to you and BIL and family.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #2283
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
My own vent is that I am at my mom's trying to help her get everything done but we can't because the medical examiner still hasn't issued a death certificate for my brother. It's a large city and they have a backlog. The funeral home said it could take as long as 4 months! It's driving my mom crazy. (They did release his body though and we were able to have him cremated already, thankfully.) Anybody else have any experience with this? I do remember it took 2 weeks to get my dad's and he died in a hospital so there was no medical examiner involved.
I'm sorry for you & your family's loss, FM. My situation is prob different than yours. Being the only surviving child, to settle my mother's estate (in NY), I had to get everyone's DC sent to California. It was some time after the fact, though. Had I been in NY, I may have gotten them sooner going to the hall of vital records (?). I downloaded the forms, filled them out, enclosed a check etc & it took over a month. The only thing I can think of is to check w a vital records dept in your state. Hope that helps. Again, my condolences to you & yours.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #2284
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Stacy, I'm so sorry. Love and prayers from Buck and me are sent to you and BIL and family.

oh my dear , what a tragic thing. for u and the rest of his family. how old is he? heres a BIG HUG

babe
Old 05-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #2285
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
So sorry to hear about your brother's passing. I hope all issues get resolved and your mom is finally relieved from it all. Prayers for your family are coming your way.
Sometimes you can talk to the coroner directly and tell him your situation I did that when my dad died as my brother lived in Oregon and I lived in New Mexico my dad lived in Georgia the coroner came thru for us. You live in a large city but it's worth a try. You would be surprised what you can get if you just ask and explain your situation.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #2286
Executive Chef

Quote:
I'm so,. so sorry to hear this. Just know me and all of DC are here for you. My prayers go to your BIL and you and all of your family.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #2287
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
My own vent is that I am at my mom's trying to help her get everything done but we can't because the medical examiner still hasn't issued a death certificate for my brother. It's a large city and they have a backlog. The funeral home said it could take as long as 4 months! It's driving my mom crazy. (They did release his body though and we were able to have him cremated already, thankfully.) Anybody else have any experience with this? I do remember it took 2 weeks to get my dad's and he died in a hospital so there was no medical examiner involved.

I am so sorry for what you and your mom are going through. I had to take care of things when my grandmother, mother and father died. When mom died dad had a heart attack. So he was in intensive care when I buried mom. If it wasn't for my 5 children being there for me I don't think I would have made it. Thank God for our familys.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #2288
Master Chef

Quote:
My thoughts and prayers go out to your BIL. May it help you in some way to know that all of us here at DC are sharing in your pain.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #2289
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Stacy,
I'm sorry to hear this..This kind of thing is so hard to handle..You feel helpless and angry and wonder what to do..Just be you Stacy, if you have to cry, get angry and yell..But remember, there are many who love you and will cry and be angry, yell and scream with you..We all care and want to do what ever we can to ease you hurt..We are here Stacy..Take care of you, your family especially your sister need to lean on you right now.
cj
Old 05-07-2008, 01:11 AM   #2290
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Stacy, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm really at a loss for words. You can count on my prayers as he goes through this.

Fisher's Mom, I pray everything is resolved very soon.

Barbara