Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to buy Smarties to make monster cookies today. Grrrr! I'm having a small snit now. I was really looking forward to those dang it all!

I forgot to buy Smarties to make monster cookies today. Grrrr! I'm having a small snit now. I was really looking forward to those dang it all!
noxema!! oh wait you said snit? :LOL:

sorry couldn't resist!! :angel:

I feel better, I used peanut m and m's instead. And check your karma msmofet.
i'm ascart to look!!
img_851184_0_687ae46183eac4f1f20a71c48e23f120.gif

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Nothing major, just annoyed that hubby and his friend put salt and pepper on the mashed potatoes before even trying it out and hubby's friend put gobs of butter on it ! I flavored it already. The man is really getting on my nerves by now, especially when he stabs the meat to get it off the platter , instead of just picking it up with the fork, he stabs it, with a quick stab . I can hardly wait until he leaves for Texas Oct. 5th.

Nothing major, just annoyed that hubby and his friend put salt and pepper on the mashed potatoes before even trying it out and hubby's friend put gobs of butter on it ! I flavored it already. The man is really getting on my nerves by now, especially when he stabs the meat to get it off the platter , instead of just picking it up with the fork, he stabs it, with a quick stab . I can hardly wait until he leaves for Texas Oct. 5th.
Makes you wonder if table manners were ever taught at his home doesn't it?
Hang in there it could be worse. I had company once who used the serving spoon to taste the peas before spooning half the bowl full onto his plate!!! Kind of made me want to gag...
kadesma

Makes you wonder if table manners were ever taught at his home doesn't it?
Hang in there it could be worse. I had company once who used the serving spoon to taste the peas before spooning half the bowl full onto his plate!!! Kind of made me want to gag...
kadesma

This guy even licked the plate one time . :ohmy:

I feel for you LC.

One of our borders used to POUR salt all over his food without taking a single bite. I once said that I seasoned the food well while cooking and he should at least give it a try. He took the most minuscule bite before picking up the salt shaker and dowsing everything as usual. I would fill the salt shaker weekly. Now this is the same border who told us in the beginning he ate everything (which really translated to very plain meat and potatoes only) except he had to watch his salt content. Yeah, right!

Do what we did in one of the restaurants I cooked in. Salt and pepper was not on the table - you had to ask for it and when you did you were given it but told that the food was seasoned well in the kitchen. ;)

good plan. i am venting at the "handy man from hell" he cleaned house . today in straightening things up , i find many thinks undone. all my furniture is white and washable. the coffee table appeared not to have been done at all.

i have an old pitcher and bowl. it hasn't been cleaned in forever i think. he missed completely the glass on a wicker basket i have. so i am ticked and rightly so. guess i just saw the over all and not the details

good plan. i am venting at the "handy man from hell" he cleaned house . today in straightening things up , i find many thinks undone. all my furniture is white and washable. the coffee table appeared not to have been done at all.

i have an old pitcher and bowl. it hasn't been cleaned in forever i think. he missed completely the glass on a wicker basket i have. so i am ticked and rightly so. guess i just saw the over all and not the details

Babe, is this the same handyman who has been driving you crazy for as long as I have "known" you? You need to give him the boot or at least an ultimatum that he shapes up or ships out!

My Dad had a cleaning lady who bulldozed her way through his suite. She broke a printer, one of my Mom's prized vases (that my sister was supposed to get) and I can't remember what all. Some days the place was spotless and others it was worse than before she arrived. Dad would hide everything before she would come and then put it all back when she left - he did more than the cleaning and it was too much for him. We finally convinced him to get rid of her and got someone knew. She was great and even helped out when we moved Dad here and sold the place.

Babe, is this the same handyman who has been driving you crazy for as long as I have "known" you? You need to give him the boot or at least an ultimatum that he shapes up or ships out!

My Dad had a cleaning lady who bulldozed her way through his suite. She broke a printer, one of my Mom's prized vases (that my sister was supposed to get) and I can't remember what all. Some days the place was spotless and others it was worse than before she arrived. Dad would hide everything before she would come and then put it all back when she left - he did more than the cleaning and it was too much for him. We finally convinced him to get rid of her and got someone knew. She was great and even helped out when we moved Dad here and sold the place.

i know he is a flake and i enable him to be one. however he does so many things for me (installed a ceiling fan in my bedroom. ) everytime i get mad at him, i swear i will give him the boot.

I am so ticked at myself I could go bay at the moon..Bought some short ribs to make beef soup, got the pot nice and hot and started putting in the meat..Things were going to well and I forgot to turn off the heat til I finished getting the meat going...Went to turn one rib over and kerpow I got it in both eyes and my lips and do they burn..Should look real pretty by tomorrow...When will I learn? Lord only knows..I could kick myself around the block...This blasted soup better taste good or else:LOL: Anybody want soup?
kades

Oh Kades, I am so sorry to hear that. But please don't be so hard on yourself. You don't know how many times I have burned myself on the oven racks or let oil spit at me when it is too hot and I add food. It happens. I just hope it isn't too bad and you feel better soon.

I am so ticked at myself I could go bay at the moon..Bought some short ribs to make beef soup, got the pot nice and hot and started putting in the meat..Things were going to well and I forgot to turn off the heat til I finished getting the meat going...Went to turn one rib over and kerpow I got it in both eyes and my lips and do they burn..Should look real pretty by tomorrow...When will I learn? Lord only knows..I could kick myself around the block...This blasted soup better taste good or else:LOL: Anybody want soup?
kades
That hurt just reading it!

You forgot to turn off the burner. My problem seems to be (and LP can verify this, lol) forgetting to turn the burner on! A couple times (I was talking with LP both times) I put something on the stove, and when I went to check on it I hadn't even turned it on! But at least it is hard to get burned that way. Maybe you should try cooking with the stove off, like I do!

BTW, Did the soup taste good? ;)

:)Barbara

kades

Oh kades, I do hope you are okay and that the soup tasted good.

kades
YOWCHIE!! are you ok now? how was the soup? i want some!! recipe please ................

Hi Guys,
I'm ok..have a small blister on my lip and so I'm fine. The soup turned out great...it was an easy make it up as you go soup. I browned the beef ribs then added several med diced onions, about 4 cloves minced garlic..several boxes of beef stock. Then let it simmer several hours...When I was happy with the taste of the stock,I added just a little white wine and started putting in veggies, carrots,diced,frozen peas, a small box of frozen chopped spinach, half a cabbage shredded, diced potatoes about 5 small,celery diced and some fresh parsley..I added twoard the end some parmesan rinds I had and let it go til soft, then served with nice warm french bread and butter....
kades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom