"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 06:31 AM   #221
Chef Extraordinaire

sush, the grass is always greener...

i've heard it and experienced it many times. when you stop looking, and are just ok with whom and where you are, you'll meet someone.
and then that's only the beginning.
then you have to work to stay happy. believe me, being alone can look like pretty green grass as well.

hey, the offer to hook you up with a joisey chick still stands...
booka-chicka-booka-chicka-bow-bow (remember my pimp music?)

pdswife, YAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
i'm happy for your melly. i wonder if she ejected her tail feathers as a flight/escape response, almost like a fighter jet ejects chaff, to throw off the path of the attacking bogey, or in this case, the dog.
don't worry, they'll grow back before you know it. make sure you increase the amounts of vitamins, ans especially calcium in their diet for the near future. stressful situations in the hen house like that one will tax their health, and will need a little boost of nutrition.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:43 AM   #222
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I will send my buddy Tigger to cheer you up, Sushi...

These schwucky blue Christmases, been there done that more than once for myself!! But never stop believing that when time is right, and very often when you are least expecting, your princess charming will find you. Or you will find her. She is more unlikely to appear when you are trying too hard to find her though, when you are in this mode it is more likely that you would end up with Miss Wrong. So just let things happen, and keep on being your charming self... as for now, call or visit your buddy(buddies), or anyone who means something special to you, or as someone suggested a little while ago, why don't you volunteer and share the spirit with people who are less fortunate? I hope you will find a little happiness and cheer, you deserve it... and believe that some day soon, you will be enjoying many years of beautiful christmases full of smiles and love!! And also don't forget, anytime you feel lonesome, we are always here to give you 's and 's!!

And Trish, I am so happy that this scary incident saw a happy ending!! It must have been sooooo frightening for you, not to mention to poor Melly!! I would have died of a heartattack!! Give her a tender loving hug for me!!

Old 12-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #223
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Bad news... Good news.

We are having a windstorm.... one of the huge trees in our yard just fell.
Hit the deck and did some damage. Too much for any good feelings. It hit Lily Lily Queen of cats little cat house But it missed the chicken cage by about 3 inches! That's the good news. I'm shaking. A LOT! I love wind but not today.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:17 PM   #224
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
It hit Lily Lily Queen of cats little cat house
LOL We had a "cat house" too! It was the subject of a few jokes, especially since our cat Theodore fathered kittens with every female in the neighborhood!

I'm glad that you didn't end up with more damage than you did. I'm sorry about your tree, and for the scare it gave you.

Barbara
Old 12-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #225
Everymom

OK, my little gripe. We bought the kids a PS2 for Christmas and we all love it. Playing it all the time. So my gripe you ask? Well...yesterday the dog was being a pain in the butt so we told her to scram. She managed to get herself tangled in the controller cords and yank that game system and scratch the crap out of a disk. I really love the dog, but honestly...what an idiot! Why won't they just be still when you tell them to? The brand new disk is unplayable, and we thing the game system might have sustained damage too. NOT EVEN 3 FULL DAYS IN THE HOUSE!!!! BAH!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #226
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Yikes! That's terrible Alix. I hope the system is ok. You know, of course, that it was not an accident. Your dog planned it all out very carefully as a way to let you know that you are supposed to play only with her!

My mom's dog Baby would sit in front of the TV whenever she wanted attention! Luckily she didn't learn any bad habits from your dog, or she would have ripped out the cable!

Barbara
Old 12-30-2005, 08:29 AM   #227
cartwheelmac

Well did you see the King of the Hill where Bobby is starting this whole Jesus act. So Peggy and Bobby are playing a PS2 game called Escape From Egypt! They are running out of the red sea and Peggy says "Oh no I am running out of strength I need more milk and honey!"

Cameron

Old 12-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #228
Everymom

I think the machine is OK, it has behaved normally on the other games so I think we are alright. I would just have been so #$%$#^^! if we had only had it for 3 days without something going wrong. That is one expensive little beastie.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 PM   #229
Master Chef

my fridge froze my food. my caviar, my delicate proscuitto slices, my cheeses, my drinks in glass bottles (bye to those!), some of my stuff isn't frozen, though. so it's been cupboard food and eggnog if not take-out for me!
Old 12-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #230
Master Chef

Mine did that before, luvs. We ended up having to lower the temp to the minimum for a few days and then reset it to where we normally keep it. We lost some food,but, it beats having to buy another frig. I hope the rest of your food is okay.