Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know what happened with Msmofets daughter. After speaking to the principal I would call the police immediately so you leave a paper trail in case this ever happens with this boy again. If he's allowed to get away with it this time, he'll always think that he can and perhaps his behavior will escalate into something more aggressive towards females.
The principal needs to take manditory sexual harassment classes so he knows the meaning of it. This goes way beyond the playground smacking little boys do to show girls that they like them. Grabbing genitals is not amusing to a correct thing to do.
ok, rant over. sorry.:(

I know, it is such a pain!! I have to make sure that the counters are empty or that everything is pushed against the wall before I go to bed. If I have nodded off though and it is 2am or some such time, I am so tempted to just ignore it but then I think I don't really want to drive the 30mins to the emergency vet and pay a couple of hundred bucks because the cat knocked the knife which stabbed its sibling in the eye... It's easier to clear the counter!! LOL

I never leave utensils out , I'm always telling hubby to throw his used toothpicks in the garbage, he leaves them laying around.:mad:

Presumably the principal doesn't want the bad publicity so is hoping it will all just fade away. But you should report it further. As Wyogal said it is a must do for the police to be notified but presumably you can also take it to the School Board and/or the Education Department or whatever the equivalent is in the US. While the actions of the child need to be officially investigated, so too do the actions of the principal and the aide. I don't have kids but I know I wouldn't want either of them being "in loco parentis" for them if I did. Dual action required.

I'd like to know what happened with Msmofets daughter. After speaking to the principal I would call the police immediately so you leave a paper trail in case this ever happens with this boy again. If he's allowed to get away with it this time, he'll always think that he can and perhaps his behavior will escalate into something more aggressive towards females.
The principal needs to take manditory sexual harassment classes so he knows the meaning of it. This goes way beyond the playground smacking little boys do to show girls that they like them. Grabbing genitals is not amusing to a correct thing to do.
ok, rant over. sorry.:(
thank you for caring everyone. i have calmed down slightly and here is an update.

ok heres whats going on at the moment. YES i know his name that was never the problem. i wanted to know if there was a report filed at school and what actions were being taken. the law is because of the minors i can't be told anything specific about what actions are being taken. i was told this by the police. it is to protect all minors including my daughter those records are sealed. i am going to see how things go and then take it from there.

oh btw i live in such a small town that we don't have a post office or library and only 1 school so the principal IS the superintendent of schools.

my daughter eluded him so he never actually got the chance to touch her due to her quick reflexes (and crude comments are not uncommon at that age). but the intent was there and that is just as bad as if the action was followed through. if he had actually touched her than the situtation would be slightly different and i would have filed charges of sexual assault on the spot. also if my daughter is EVER told in the future not to tattle by an aid again i will take action against the aid. you see the fact that he NEVER actually touched her seems to make some people take it more lightly. (THAT also bothers me big time) but the intent was there and he would have if not for my daughter reacting quickly. i will see how the school deals with this and take it from there.

so it is on record with the police, when i call the sergent took her name and age, my name and the boys name. so there is a trail on record from my calling the police within an hour of talking to my daughter and the principal.

thanks for caring and asking. i actually just needed to vent/scream it out loud!!

I went to an Alice Cooper concert Friday night and had a blast, but one thing really blew my mind. There was a couple in the fourth row there with their two kids that were about 4 and 6. Concert material aside exposing those young ears to the volume of a rock concert made me cringe.

BIG RANT!

What is freaking disocvory channel doing now?

I turn it and they're showing a show that's been on the sci fi channel for years! but with a different name and different people "rude people to boot"

I mean what the heck? Who do they think they are putting a show on called Ghost lab? My first impression of the show "It blows chunks to kingdom ***". And has no place on the discovery channel.

Anyways I still think Ghost hunters was top dog show until they fired Brian from the show. And then the show went down hill from there.

My foot hurts. It started to hurt badly last year while in cooking school. I've not been on my feet as much, but today it really hurts. Last year I had $4000 of dr. bills for it, not really finding out anything other than osteopenia and a bit of arthritis. Insurance covered some of it, but we are still making payments on those bills. I'm going to hopefully start working in a week or so, as a substitute teacher. I have an interview on Monday. If I can do that, we can get back into some regular health-care practices. husband needs new glasses, I should probably have my feet looked at, we need new flooring, kids could use some $$ help, etc....
For today, I'm going to put my feet up, stay off them, take some anti-inflammatory, drink some water...

Ordered parts for my spreader on friday. Came in on monday with signature required.
Monday night signed and left ups slip for deliver next day.
Tuesday driver left another slip now saying required signature in presence of driver
wednesday met driver and got parts 4:00 PM
Not enough time to repair before dark, and wind blowing 50 mph
Thursday started raining and hasn't stopped yet. 6 straight days.

a boy was saying crude sexual things to my daughter then tried to grab my daughters breast, she managed to elude him and screamed at him and threw her peas off her lunch tray at him, when she got up and walked away he tried to grab her butt!! when she went to tell an aid in the lunch room she was told not to tattle!! so she went to the principle to report it. he didn't call me till after school and when i asked what was going to be done about this sexual harassment he said he couldn't talk to me about it or give me the kids name!! that is just wrong because as the parent of the minor child being harassed i am entitled to know everything. i am thinking of going to the police an file a complaint. if i wasn't involved i would understand the confidentiality thing.

when i tried to ask some more questions he said it was late and he didn't want to debate. i didn't like his tone at all and the sense that he just wanted to go home because it was late!! to freaking bad buddy i pay his salary his is paid to talk to me when there is a serious problem like this!! in my eyes this is serious. do you think so?
i have a right to be livid!!

What about taking it to the papers/tv who ever will listen if the school won't? Sometimes that's what it takes, you have to embarrass the people who are supposed to "care" into taking action. Just a suggestion.

thank you for caring everyone. i have calmed down slightly and here is an update.

ok heres whats going on at the moment. YES i know his name that was never the problem. i wanted to know if there was a report filed at school and what actions were being taken. the law is because of the minors i can't be told anything specific about what actions are being taken. i was told this by the police. it is to protect all minors including my daughter those records are sealed. i am going to see how things go and then take it from there.

oh btw i live in such a small town that we don't have a post office or library and only 1 school so the principal IS the superintendent of schools.

my daughter eluded him so he never actually got the chance to touch her due to her quick reflexes (and crude comments are not uncommon at that age). but the intent was there and that is just as bad as if the action was followed through. if he had actually touched her than the situtation would be slightly different and i would have filed charges of sexual assault on the spot. also if my daughter is EVER told in the future not to tattle by an aid again i will take action against the aid. you see the fact that he NEVER actually touched her seems to make some people take it more lightly. (THAT also bothers me big time) but the intent was there and he would have if not for my daughter reacting quickly. i will see how the school deals with this and take it from there.

so it is on record with the police, when i call the sergent took her name and age, my name and the boys name. so there is a trail on record from my calling the police within an hour of talking to my daughter and the principal.

thanks for caring and asking. i actually just needed to vent/scream it out loud!!

I'm glad that you were able to work this thing out ok and you now have this on record. Boys need to be taught that this sort of behavior is "wrong" no matter who it is directed toward. I think this kids' parents need to sit him down and teach him about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!

I'm glad that you were able to work this thing out ok and you now have this on record. Boys need to be taught that this sort of behavior is "wrong" no matter who it is directed toward. I think this kids' parents need to sit him down and teach him about R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!
thank you for caring sweetie.

So, in the news: low test scores. At what point do we look into the eyes of the public and say "We expect more from you. We expect that your children will behave and do their homework?" The plates of teachers and schools are full. There has been a shift of expecting students to do the work to an expectation of teachers and schools to entertain the students, and hand out grades. Throwing money at schools is not the answer. EXPECTING students to earn their grades through hard work is what is called for. Maybe they need to be less involved with organized after school activities, be allowed to play on their own, then come in , sit at the table and DO THE WORK. I find it interesting that schools that require parental involvement, that require homework, and have consequences for not doing it, for inappropriate behaviors, are the schools that have higher test scores.
go figure.

My car will not shift out of park and no brake lights. hubby is waiting for either my son or my brother in law to help check it out. Meanwhile I hestitate to travel with no brake lights. The only way to get the car to shift out of park , is to turn key on but not start the car, shift to neutral then start car. arrrgh !

I would not be driving it in the current condition. Will it take being rear-ended (because the person behind you doesn't see that you are braking) in order for it to be fixed?

So, in the news: low test scores. At what point do we look into the eyes of the public and say "We expect more from you. We expect that your children will behave and do their homework?" The plates of teachers and schools are full. There has been a shift of expecting students to do the work to an expectation of teachers and schools to entertain the students, and hand out grades. Throwing money at schools is not the answer. EXPECTING students to earn their grades through hard work is what is called for. Maybe they need to be less involved with organized after school activities, be allowed to play on their own, then come in , sit at the table and DO THE WORK. I find it interesting that schools that require parental involvement, that require homework, and have consequences for not doing it, for inappropriate behaviors, are the schools that have higher test scores.
go figure.

I have ranted about this for years. No one listens and if they "hear" you nothing gets done. People are so hung up on-being PC and not hurting any feelings that our children in the long run are going to suffer because they will be stupid.
The FCAT tests are a good place to start. The tests are in the basics that the kids should know for their grade level. They're taken throughout the child's school years. Last year a senior here in my county took it and failed, therefore was not allowed to graduate. He was allowed a certificate of completion but, not a diploma. His father wrote a letter to the editor complaining that now med school was on hold for him.
Personally, I don't want a doctor that can't read or do basic math.

What the H*** is going on with our country that the kids can't read, write or do the basics but can sure play sports???

When I was teaching music, I had very high standards. We were constantly being told by the administration to raise the bar, have high expectations. We were told to incorporate reading and writing in all classes. But then, behind closed doors, they told me to lighten up, make it fun, my expectations were too high. I sat in on many meetings where the parents whine and complain about the work being too hard (other subject areas) and teachers were "picking" on their kids, because we expected them to not be disruptive and to do the work. Most of the time, the administration caved to the parent and their "right" to have ornery, ignorant children. and teachers were told to ease up.
I quit.
I may be going back as a sub, but then, I'll be working for teachers and kids, not the principals. I can also pick and choose which school/classes to go to.

When I was teaching music, I had very high standards. We were constantly being told by the administration to raise the bar, have high expectations. We were told to incorporate reading and writing in all classes. But then, behind closed doors, they told me to lighten up, make it fun, my expectations were too high. I sat in on many meetings where the parents whine and complain about the work being too hard (other subject areas) and teachers were "picking" on their kids, because we expected them to not be disruptive and to do the work. Most of the time, the administration caved to the parent and their "right" to have ornery, ignorant children. and teachers were told to ease up.
I quit.
I may be going back as a sub, but then, I'll be working for teachers and kids, not the principals. I can also pick and choose which school/classes to go to.

I admire you for trying but, feel sorry for you at the same time.
Why is it that the parents will settle for less instead of wanting the best for their children? Mine would have said "yes! Pick on her until she gets it!"
Who wants a dumb kid?:LOL:

got my hair cut. there is a von's market so went to pick up a few things. i almost froze my buns off . it was so cold in there that my hands were like ice by the time i got out. i might have stayed longer and spent more if it had not been so cold. when i commented on it, the clerk just rolled her eyes. won't go there again.

my cd/dvd drive is shot (it keeps popping open even with no disc in there. and when i put in a disc to install software it keeps popping open) so i have to send my laptop to texas to be fixed. :( i probably will not get it back for 3 - 4 weeks!! first my oven then my car. i think the electric coming into my house is lower than it should be because my appliances don't seem to have enough power and now my puter!! jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez i am gonna hide in a cave!! not sure how often i will be online till i get my laptop back. may not be able to post pics either till i get the laptop back. i need to find a shipping box, bubble wrap and tape (should i go to the post office for them?) so i can ship it tomorrow. maybe i'll get it back by thanksgiving. :( maybe

my cd/dvd drive is shot (it keeps popping open even with no disc in there. and when i put in a disc to install software it keeps popping open) so i have to send my laptop to texas to be fixed. :( i probably will not get it back for 3 - 4 weeks!! first my oven then my car. i think the electric coming into my house is lower than it should be because my appliances don't seem to have enough power and now my puter!! jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez i am gonna hide in a cave!! not sure how often i will be online till i get my laptop back. may not be able to post pics either till i get the laptop back. i need to find a shipping box, bubble wrap and tape (should i go to the post office for them?) so i can ship it tomorrow. maybe i'll get it back by thanksgiving. :( maybe

I'm so sorry msmofet, this is a definite case of it doesn't rain it pours! There must be something besides the flu going around... my fridge went a few weeks back. It was a Maytag and only 7 years old. It was one of those with the freezer in the bottom, not a cheap one by any means. I now have a good used one, at least it works. I had my wall stove replaced last week, the old one didn't heat up worth a dang. The one I have is a used one, but it works. Then....my daughter has pneumonia and is very sick. A few weeks ago my dad ended up in the hospital with "they don't know what happened to him" symptoms. I hear you sometimes things just seem to go wrong. Let's hope things get better for both of us. I think we are due!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom