"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #2321
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Five hours in emergency later and she was sent home with some T3's and a requisition for an ultrasound as they believe it may be a cyst. She doesn't know what time they will call her tomorrow and then she basically has to wait at the hospital and go back through emergency to get the results, and of course it will be a different doctor, with different ideas. They wouldn't give her a note for work, either.

I am making her stay the night and told them to call here with the appointment. She is so scared and I feel so helpless.

Oh, another vent - her real mother called on my cell and blasted her for not telling her (the mother) that she was going to the hospital and that she had to find out by phoning Tara's work. She told me that she was glad her daughter has someone to go to because it sure isn't her. I left that can of worms alone.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #2322
Certified Cake Maniac

Okay, now I am REALLY angry.

Our daughter stayed over night here and waited for the hospital to call for her ultrasound. They never did and by noon she was worse than ever with pain, fever and the pain had spread. So we went back to the ER and waited another 5 hours for the same doctor to see her. He says "well I looked at your ultrasound and everything seems normal". She tells him she hasn't had it yet and he says "why not? why are you here then?" She says because they didn't call and the pain is worse and spreading. He examines her and tells her it is 90% appendicitis and orders an IV, morphine and a CT scan. We wait around another 3 hours for all this to happen and another doctor takes over and says that it isn't appendicitis but it might be a mild form of colitis. Well, a friend of hers has colitis and is going for major surgery in September to remove the colon. This puts DD in total fear and it takes DH and I all the way home to calm her down. Now I am doing a whole pile of research on it for her. She is sleeping now and hopefully the antibiotics and painkillers will cure the physical problems but I am not sure about her emotional state right now.

Thanks everyone for praying and please keep them coming.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #2323
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh Laurie,
what an awful day..Poor Tara, you both must be worn out..I tell you,this is where I'd really demand something be done and done right..This business of every doc on the pay roll strolling by and making a guess on what is wrong would make me crazy and rightfully very angry..It's bang the shoe on the desk time..Then girl needs HELP NOW..Take a deep breath, get some rest and you will be in my thoughts and prayers..
kadesma
Old 05-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #2324
Executive Chef

Thinking of you and your girl. I hope you are seeing her doctor as soon as to get a second opinion.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #2325
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

Our daughter stayed over night here and waited for the hospital to call for her ultrasound. They never did and by noon she was worse than ever with pain, fever and the pain had spread. So we went back to the ER and waited another 5 hours for the same doctor to see her. He says "well I looked at your ultrasound and everything seems normal". She tells him she hasn't had it yet and he says "why not? why are you here then?" She says because they didn't call and the pain is worse and spreading. He examines her and tells her it is 90% appendicitis and orders an IV, morphine and a CT scan. We wait around another 3 hours for all this to happen and another doctor takes over and says that it isn't appendicitis but it might be a mild form of colitis. Well, a friend of hers has colitis and is going for major surgery in September to remove the colon. This puts DD in total fear and it takes DH and I all the way home to calm her down. Now I am doing a whole pile of research on it for her. She is sleeping now and hopefully the antibiotics and painkillers will cure the physical problems but I am not sure about her emotional state right now.

i would get a third doctor to take a look. neither of those possiblities are small things. my 16 year old granddaughter almost died of appendictis because they couldn't decide and it ruptured.

your poor daughter, all they did was scare the hell out of her and you. makes me very angry for you, as well.

babe
Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #2326
Chef Extraordinaire

Question

there is a family on my street with budding musicans . they practice from bout now sometimes til 8 or 9 oclock. even that wouldn't be to bad, but they play the same song over and over. they have done this going on six months.

give me a break, they are across the street and down three houses and still sound like they are in my house.

don't really know what to do. can't really complain to them, they don't speak english. there are rules about loud music of course. so many people in here forget that other people live very close to them.

any ideas what to do?

babe
Old 05-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #2327
Certified Cake Maniac

Babe, I don't know about where you live, but here we have city by-law officers who are there to help keep the city rules and you can call them for items like noise, neighbor's pets, illegally parked cars, etc. If you don't have this, then call the non-emergency number of your local police station and report it. They may not do anything the first time, but if you and enough other people register complaints they certainly will check it out.

I hope this helps.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #2328
Master Chef

LPB, how's your girl? Hope she's feeling better today!!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #2329
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

LP. I think you should do what I told Fishers Mom to do. You should try calling the head person of the Hospital or the head of all the doctors working there and talk to someone in charge explain your situation be genuine but not hysterical or angry and ask them what needs to be done and for a real diagnoses on the problem and because you are very concerned and that it is putting a lot of stress on your pregnant daughter who is young and scared and because of the plain fact these are serious issues. If that doe's not work go to a higher person in charge. Once you have run out of options contact a news TV station. Believe me if you are persistent chances are you will get results. Like I said don't get crazy or hostile be genuine just ask for help most people want to help, The TV is the last
choice if nothing else works. If it's appendicitis or anything else it must be addressed immediately. I am in no way trying to scare you but I learned along time ago if you keep trying someone will come thru for you. Again stay calm on the phone but also convey how concerned you are. And last don't give up call and talk to everyone more than once if necessary for help and advice. Don't give up. You can also go on some medical websites and post your issues to another doctor to see whats up.
Also do not wait until tommorrow but start now.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #2330
Executive Chef

LP, I also wanted to to tell you that if it's appendicitis it's not fixed by morphine, an Iv or Ct it is something that is removed immediatley by surgery before it has a chance to erupt. I am not a doctor but I have never ever heard of this kind of treatment for appendicitis. I have yet to get this but know people who have and I'm sure there are some here that have had it it's not something to mess with. As I said before you need to become a Bull Dog and get to the bottom of this.