yesterday it was very hot here, as it is now. about 2 pm power went out. temp was 102.
what a bummer, you really can't do much with no power. took shower and cut out a chair cover. when it got dark , lit many candles. fortunately i have a little light for reading that runs on batteries. fits around my neck. my large flashlight was dead of course and no new batteries for it.
and of course it was getting hotter by the minute in the house. i opened every window. i then worried my cat might lean against the screen and fall out.
no! he decides to catch his tail on fire. had a lit candle in his path to window sill lucky for him it went out almost instantly. smelled awful but little damage done.
hard to sleep when it is so hot. power came back on about 3am.
all and all a real bummer. we forget how lucky we are to even have power and all the things that run on it.