"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #2391
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
LP -- How is Tara doing?

Stacy -- You have my prayers for you all every day.

Michelle -- Hang in there with the little ones. They grow up so fast and by the time you know it the poop and puke incidents will only be a stinky memory. We all go through it sweetie.

Suzi -- Sorry about rough things in your job right now. Hang in there. Most of us are blessed just to have a job now-a-days.

Terry -- Thank you dear. Your words mean so much to me at this point.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #2392
Certified Cake Maniac

To all who have been asking for an update on my daughter and have continued to pray, I really appreciate it.

It is actually not over yet. I haven't posted for a few days because things kept changing from minute to minute and I didn't want to keep posting and retracting. She never did have the appendectomy. When they admitted her Friday to prep her for surgery, she was switched to a "hospitalist" (a doctor who takes the place of your family doctor while in the hospital). This doctor didn't agree with the ER doc that it was appendix and FINALLY did the ultrasound. On Friday I couldn't spend much time with her as I was working on a small catering job and got my updates by phone. The ultrasound was done Saturday morning and she was told because of the holiday weekend she wouldn't get the results until today. And on top of that, the ultrasound tech put a lot of fear in her by asking questions about pregnancy and other things (she is not, but she was worried because she had an xray and two CT scans). I rushed up Saturday evening because she was so upset about that, then her BF and real Mom came later and upset her even more.

Sunday around noon a doctor DID come and give her the results - nother wrong. She said why am I still in so much pain and the answer was that he didn't know and there was nothing medical they could do for her so she was free to go home. We picked her up and took her home but she is so fragile physically and emotionally. It is back to the family doctor today and if hospitalization is needed we are going somewhere else.

Thanks again for all your support.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 05-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #2393
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Well what a horrid mess. She's lucky she has you to lean on!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #2394
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
To all who have been asking for an update on my daughter and have continued to pray, I really appreciate it.

It is actually not over yet. I haven't posted for a few days because things kept changing from minute to minute and I didn't want to keep posting and retracting. She never did have the appendectomy. When they admitted her Friday to prep her for surgery, she was switched to a "hospitalist" (a doctor who takes the place of your family doctor while in the hospital). This doctor didn't agree with the ER doc that it was appendix and FINALLY did the ultrasound. On Friday I couldn't spend much time with her as I was working on a small catering job and got my updates by phone. The ultrasound was done Saturday morning and she was told because of the holiday weekend she wouldn't get the results until today. And on top of that, the ultrasound tech put a lot of fear in her by asking questions about pregnancy and other things (she is not, but she was worried because she had an xray and two CT scans). I rushed up Saturday evening because she was so upset about that, then her BF and real Mom came later and upset her even more.

Sunday around noon a doctor DID come and give her the results - nother wrong. She said why am I still in so much pain and the answer was that he didn't know and there was nothing medical they could do for her so she was free to go home. We picked her up and took her home but she is so fragile physically and emotionally. It is back to the family doctor today and if hospitalization is needed we are going somewhere else.

Thanks again for all your support.
is this the standard of care that u usually have?

babe
Old 05-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #2395
Certified Cake Maniac

No Babe, it has never been this bad, but I have to admit that our healthcare system is not great. I have been getting the same run around regarding my leg problems. The last surgeon on my first visit said that my knee was so bad he would have to perform an "emergency" knee replacement (meaning within 6 months rather than the usual 1 - 2 year wait). Then he ordered more tests and when I went back in a week he said I probably wouldn't need that surgery for 10 years and that the more minor arthroscopic surgery (which "cleans up in there") will do just fine but again I need it soon to increase my quality of life. That was six weeks ago and I still haven't heard from the new doctor's office that I have an appointment with him, which will be about 6 months in itself.

This isn't the Canadian standard, but our province is getting worse and worse because there just aren't enough doctors, nurses, surgical rooms or hosptial beds.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #2396
Chef Extraordinaire

Miss Laurie...Uncle Bob send many braves with many arrows on fast ponies...Doctor understand then!!!! Make you well quick!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 05-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #2397
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Uncle Bob! I am sure that would get their attention, that's for sure. For that I might send you my special peanut cluster or truffle recipe to go with those peppermint patties!!!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #2398
Chef Extraordinaire

Twuffles? Did someone say Twuffles... AND peanut clusters...

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #2399
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Twuffles? Did someone say Twuffles... AND peanut clusters...
The peanut clusters are easy. You will find the link here.

The twuffles I will have to post later.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #2400
Sous Chef

Laurie, Please remind those "doctors" that we are not given a book when our children are born because they don't go by one!!! My oldest DD had appendicitis at age 12. The only thing was, she had no symptoms other than she was uncomfortable. She had an appetite, no fever, no elevated white cell count, no localized pain. They insisted there was nothing wrong with her, it was in her head, I knew my DD and told them to shove their books up their a**es and do something else!! After ultrasound, CT, MRI they did schedualed an exploratory. Her appendix was rupturing as they were opening her up!! Please keep pushing Laurie. My prayers are with you and yours.