"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #2401
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Dawn, for the words and the prayers. We have asked that ALL test results from the hospital be sent to her family doctor and when they are there we are going in to have her go over them all. She is feeling a little better, but is only eating clear fluids and crackers!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #2402
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
The new job is getting a very very slow start. I was supposed to have three days of training and then start work. It's been six days now. Two in the classroom and four sitting at a desk with another girl, watching her type all day. The reason.... they can't seem to get an account set up for me. First, the guy who was filling in for my boss filled the papers out wrong. Then after my boss filled them in correctly another girl with my SAME name started on the same day and some how this caused a HUGE problem. Now I've been put in some waiting line, who knows how long said line is and how long it will take. With out an account, I can't be placed in a desk, giving a phone or a computer or do any work! They say it won't hold my pay check up but..I'm having trouble believing that.

Do you know how long 8 hours take to go by when you're doing NOTHING?? I feel like I've been waiting in the dentists waiting room reading 5 year old magazines. Sigh......

Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #2403
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
start knitting!!! :)
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #2404
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol... I need to do something. I may be going crazy.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #2405
Certified Cake Maniac

I really feel for you. DD's BF, who has been doing maintenance for years got a job at a small department store and the first two days he followed someone around the store "learning the layout". The next day it rained and he had to place 57 buckets under 57 leaks in the roof....that was the whole days work! Reason......they didn't want to put to much pressure on him the first week. Duh, it is MAINTENANCE!!!!

I think maybe you SHOULD come over and help me with baking today!!! I will dirty enough spoons to make it worth the 6 hour round trip!!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #2406
Certified Cake Maniac

Other than increased pain in my leg and arms, today has been a great day. No, that is not a vent, but I am writing it hear to bring some closure to my previous vents.

1. My daughter finally has an official diagnosis - acute (as opposed to chronic) colitis. She has to watch her diet during attacks and has an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to figure out where to from here. She is also meeting with a friend who has chronic colitis on Saturday to discuss how to cope. She may be moving back in with us partly because of my experience with special diets. While this diagnosis isn't the best news, at least she knows where she stands now and we can all work towards her getting better.

2. I finally heard from the second surgeon's office and have an appointment for 2 weeks from now (better than the 6 months I was told!). It turns out that the other surgeon's secretary sent the referral in with my xrays and it was supposed to be faxed ahead of them. But when the new doctor's assistant got xrays that didn't match a patient wouldn't she look? (oops, that's a vent).

Anyway, things seem to be falling into place - thanks for listening.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #2407
Chef Extraordinaire

sure glad to hear that things are looking up for u guys. give daughter my best.and the same to you.

babe
Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #2408
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Laurie
Anyway, things seem to be falling into place
News travel fast of large War party...many braves, many arrows...headed north...

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #2409
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
News travel fast of large War party...many braves, many arrows...headed north...
Thanks Uncle Bob, I know that is what got things going. Can you keep them on the ready in case I get the runaround at my appointment? I guess this means I better get posting that twuffle wecipe!

Old 05-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #2410
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I guess this means I better get posting that twuffle wecipe!
Yes, you should.

Closed Thread